ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mehmed1
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mehmed1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 am

ValmiraTo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm
CON wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 pm
CON wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:59 am
dokie wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:50 am

Lagos- July 18/93 WD/ still waiting
Con - Mumbai N - 31 Aug / 62 ED/ still awaiting visa.
Dokie - Lagos- July 18/93 WD/ still waiting
Men2017--- Mumbai--6th July--101WD- Still waiting
Merzit----Madrid, Spain. 26/May/2017
Rheeb--- 20.06.2017 still waiting the visa
 Rajput345 – PAK - 5 oct 17/still waiting
kmazyar – Isreal – 16 Aug/ still waiting
yanaveron - Ukraine 23 August, still waiting
ValmiraTo- rome, Italy 10 october, still waiting

pls update on this list guys
Mehmed1 - Albania 16th Aug/ still waiting

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm
jessy_h93 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm
Does anyone know how it works with the dates in regards to travelling? If I have put down 10th of January as intended travel date would that mean I can only travel from 10th January onwards even if the Visa is has been issued on the 25th of November? How does this work? I am quite confused.
You can travel at any time after the date that the visa is valid for. If it is valid from 25th November, you can travel from this date.
Thank you for your help. So if it is valid from 25th November I can travel anytime within the next 6 months? Or is there a certain time period the applicant needs to enter UK? I have put down the intended travel date of 10th January 2018 for my husband as he can't travel at an earlier date due to personal problems. Is that fine?
Hi Jessy,

Whatever date you put in the application form is not considered as UKVI takes lot of time to meet their completion targets. I had applied in May 2017 and listed travel dates as 1st Jun. Got the EEA FP after 7 months on 25th Nov with the validity from 24th Nov'17 to 23rd May'18.

-Tony

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 am

Hi all,

My husband picked up his passport from Dhaka VSF today with his EEA Family permit stamp!! :D The wait was not long for us but regardless it was stressful. I wish you all best of luck and may you all get your permits before Christmas and get to celebrate Christmas with your family.

Please let me know if you have any questions as to what documents I submitted and etc. I am more than happy to help you out.

My husband's timeline was the following :

Online application submitted - 4th November
Biometrics and documents submitted at VSF - 7th November
Emailed received from Sheffield that application has been received - 10th November
SMS received from VSF that passport can be picked up - 27th November
EEA family permit issue date on passport - 23rd November
In total it took 13 working days from the day online application was submitted till the issue date on the passport.

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:19 am

Tony_P wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
jessy_h93 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm
Does anyone know how it works with the dates in regards to travelling? If I have put down 10th of January as intended travel date would that mean I can only travel from 10th January onwards even if the Visa is has been issued on the 25th of November? How does this work? I am quite confused.
You can travel at any time after the date that the visa is valid for. If it is valid from 25th November, you can travel from this date.
Thank you for your help. So if it is valid from 25th November I can travel anytime within the next 6 months? Or is there a certain time period the applicant needs to enter UK? I have put down the intended travel date of 10th January 2018 for my husband as he can't travel at an earlier date due to personal problems. Is that fine?
Hi Jessy,

Whatever date you put in the application form is not considered as UKVI takes lot of time to meet their completion targets. I had applied in May 2017 and listed travel dates as 1st Jun. Got the EEA FP after 7 months on 25th Nov with the validity from 24th Nov'17 to 23rd May'18.

-Tony
So when does he need to travel to the UK by? His family permit was issued on the 23rd of November. Can he travel on the 12th of January if he wishes too? or he needs to enter UK within a certain time?

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 am
Hi all,

My husband picked up his passport from Dhaka VSF today with his EEA Family permit stamp!! :D The wait was not long for us but regardless it was stressful. I wish you all best of luck and may you all get your permits before Christmas and get to celebrate Christmas with your family.

Please let me know if you have any questions as to what documents I submitted and etc. I am more than happy to help you out.

Emailed received from Sheffield that application has been received - 10th November
In total it took 13 working days from the day online application was submitted till the issue date on the passport.
Congratulations Jessy

13 working days is really a grt news
However, just wanted to know Did ur husband received a not straight forward email ever during his process.
As most of the people in this forum who are waiting for their passport have been received a not straight forward email and hence the wait is long for the family permit

Regards
Oliver

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Jessy!
Congratulations to you and your husband!!! Very happy for you!
Good luck with your further applications in UK!
Regards

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 am

Oliver12 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

Congratulations Jessy

13 working days is really a grt news
However, just wanted to know Did ur husband received a not straight forward email ever during his process.
As most of the people in this forum who are waiting for their passport have been received a not straight forward email and hence the wait is long for the family permit

Regards
Oliver
Thank you Oliver! :D No luckily he did not receive an email stating that his application has not been straightforward

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am

yanaveron wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Jessy!
Congratulations to you and your husband!!! Very happy for you!
Good luck with your further applications in UK!
Regards
Thank you yanaveron!! Good luck to you too :)

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

GOD bless you. :)

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

dear jessy,
congrats with 13 working days amazing. wish you a happy life in uk.
please share how long u married and your husband did he visit uk or europe before???
i am orienting to apply for my spouse. thanks

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:48 pm

hasan123 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi all,

GOD bless you. :)
@hasan
hi hasan please share which documents u submitted
i am preparing to submit.
thanks

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:16 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:19 am
Tony_P wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Hi Jessy,

-Tony
So when does he need to travel to the UK by? His family permit was issued on the 23rd of November. Can he travel on the 12th of January if he wishes too? or he needs to enter UK within a certain time?
Congrats Jessy! He can travel anytime within the 6 month period mentioned on the EEA FP..

-Tony

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Timelines for today.

08:42 - sent a chargeable email to contact centre for an update;
09:23 - received a reply "your application is still awaiting a decision";
12:00 - email from my MP saying that the decision was made on Mrs ... European Economic Area (EEA) application on 27 November
12:00 - forwarded this email to contact centre and asked them to doublecheck;
14:03 - received confirmation from them "With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application online or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document online. If you have opted to collect your decision from a Visa Application Centre team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.";
14:16 - received an email from TLS "UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided. Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process."

Previous timelines:
14th of August 2017 08:00 am - an application, biometrics and all supporting documents submitted to TLS Contact Visa Centre Kyiv;
16th of August 2017 10:30 am - email confirmation that UKVI received visa application;
23rd of August 2017 10:20 am - email saying that the application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer;
31st of August 2017 09:47 am - email saying that visa application has been received and is under consideration;
5th of September 2017 09:00 am - I have called to the Contact Centre and asked for an escalation of the visa application. I didn't receive any confirmations after.
3rd of October 2017 09:32 am - I have called to the Contact Centre and asked for a second escalation of the visa application;
13th of October 2017 10:07 am - email saying that they continue to work on the application.

I also made a lot of calls to the Contact Centre between these actions, but without any achievements.

I also sent requests and received answers that they will do all possible to speed up the process:
    SOLVIT;
      my MP;

I think my MP helped a lot, he updated me by email and even post from the House of Commons.

Ind90
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by Ind90 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm

danny27 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:01 am
      ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com

Its free. Pls provide your file number and name along.
      thanks alot dear danny27 .i emailed to that address to check the status of my application.they reply me this is not the right email address to contact regarding that but after 3 hours they sent me another email states
      we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application, by e-mail or by telephone.

now waiting to see the decision .i pray it will be positive.thank you again.👍

Buji
      Newly Registered
      Israel

Post by Buji » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Application submitted 22nd of August, Israel.
      Escalated 3 times, got 3 "not been straightforward...we could not provide a time frame" emails.
      TLS center couldn't help me either.
      Really hope it comes before Christmas.
      So what's the right email to send an enquiry/complaint?

Thanks for the help!

Mehmed1
      Newly Registered
      Albania

Post by Mehmed1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Ind90 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm
      danny27 wrote:

And I'm send email for this address. They reply me this is not the right email address to contact regarding that but after they sent me 15 working days again 😐😑😑

Really I'm afraid...

thanks alot dear danny27 .i emailed to that address to check the status of my application.they reply me this is not the right email address to contact regarding that but after 3 hours they sent me another email states
      we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application, by e-mail or by telephone.

hasan123
      Newly Registered
      Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:
      Hi all,

did your husband take any priority service or fast service (if there any).

Mehmed1
      Newly Registered
      Albania

Post by Mehmed1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Mehmed1 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm
      Ind90 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm
      danny27 wrote:

And I'm send email for this address. They reply me this is not the right email address to contact regarding that but after they sent me 15 working days again 😐😑😑
      Still a waiting 70 working days

Really I'm afraid...

alex1990
      Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm

HI everyone!
      Today i got that mail from visa center after 3 times i have called them 2 months no answer till today !!
      Did any one receive the same mail ?

Thank you for your enquiry

As the processing of your application has not been straightforward we are continuing to work on your application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. At present we cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. We will write to you again if there is any change to this.

Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service – UK Decision Making Centre
      www.GOV.UK

CON
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by CON » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looks like again a lot of us are receiving responses thats a sign that there has been some changes and a lot of work is happening. To our surprise we too received an email today :D not sure what the decision is but just relieved that we have heard from them. My husband will collect his passport may be tomorrow or day after. After receiving a clarity that his passport is ready for collection. Email received is as below:-
      _________________________________________________________________________________________
      Dear ___________

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

It is important you do not go to the VAC straight away as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48 hours. Please use the link below to check the exact collection times for your location.
      Details on collection time at the Visa Application centre is available at http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/applicationcentre.html

*** IMPORTANT: If your application for a visa is granted then it is your responsibility to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of the trip.***

To report an immigration (visa) or customs crime you can submit information anonymously or you can give us your name and address if you wish. We will treat any information you give us as confidential. Answer the questions as fully as you can but do not put yourself at risk by trying to find out more information.

You can do this by going to: www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

Yours sincerely,
      UK Visas and Immigration
      South and South East Asia Region
      ________________________________________________________________________________________
      My timeline: applied on 31st august 2017 along with bio metric on the same day
      14 sep not straightforward mail. I followed up at least 3 times after 15 days each. Earlier this month after reading on this forum i contacted Solvit; solvit responded immediately. Last tuesday Solvit sent me an email stating that they have escalated my case to UK Solvit. I am certain that Solvit has intervened and hence the response to our application. I will update you all on the outcome. But for now all the best to all who are waiting. I am sure you will have your families before christmas. I received this email from UK Visa and Immigration - south and south east asia region is this something new?

Mughlii
      Spain

Post by Mughlii » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Rheeb1 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm
      HI everyone!
      Today i got that mail from visa center after 3 times i have called them 2 months no answer till today !!

As the processing of your application has not been straightforward we are continuing to work on your application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. At present we cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. We will write to you again if there is any change to this.

Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards

www.GOV.UK

hi, dont worry same email i received when i ist escalated my application dont ring them or email them they don't deserve even a penny jusg wait let them do what they do i am waiting from 17 aug
      relax

alex1990
      Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 am

Mughlii wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm
      Rheeb1 wrote:
      Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm
      HI everyone!

Kind Regards

www.GOV.UK

hi, dont worry same email i received when i ist escalated my application dont ring them or email them they don't deserve even a penny jusg wait let them do what they do i am waiting from 17 aug
      relax
      Thanks for your reply and really I agree with yoo we not need to spend money anymore !!
      Almost 6 months and still waiting every day ..
      Calls them more than 6 time nothing useful finally I got this mail Yastrday!! To call from my country it’s to expensive almost every call cost me 30$

danny27
      India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 am

Ind90 you are most welcome. From now on it could take a week for your PP.

Ind90
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by Ind90 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 am

okk..m waiting crossed my fingers.thank u.

patrasatya
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by patrasatya » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 am

Applied on 29th Jun 2017 in VFS Hyderabad, No sign of anything. Few phone calls, emails and escalation. Now I have involved MP and Solvit, Let's see what will be the outcome.