ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children in a private citizenship ceremony!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Children in a private citizenship ceremony!

Post by aabbasi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi All,

I have booked a private citizenship ceremony for tomorrow morning. The ceremony invitation email states that we are not allowed to have guests with us at the ceremony. I had a couple of questions and was wondering if you could help:
1. We have a 1 year old son (who is already a BC). Can we take him with us or do we need to have somebody accompany us to help out?
2. We have two other kids (a 10 year old and a 6 year old) who are not required to attend the ceremony. We would like them to attend the ceremony too? Do they come under the guests?

Appreciate a response.

Regards,

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Children in a private citizenship ceremony!

Post by bruteforce » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:29 pm

I am afraid no one here will be able to answer you precisely, give your council a ring early morning and see if they can accommodate your guests. It would depend on their policy.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 am

I've just been though a private ceremony and they did accomodate a 5 and a 3 years olds as well as 1 guest - there was enough space for more guests. The size of the room is usually the factor why they limit the guest numbers, I have been told.

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

swintooh wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 am
I've just been though a private ceremony and they did accomodate a 5 and a 3 years olds as well as 1 guest - there was enough space for more guests. The size of the room is usually the factor why they limit the guest numbers, I have been told.
Thanks mate. I didn't get a chance to read your response before going to the Ceremony. However, I called the council this morning, and they mentioned the exact same thing, which is that the room size is the only concern, but they were happy to accomodate us.
Alhamdulillah, everything went well and we are now british citizens. It was good to see the kids being part of the process as well.

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:31 am

bruteforce wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:29 pm
I am afraid no one here will be able to answer you precisely, give your council a ring early morning and see if they can accommodate your guests. It would depend on their policy.
Thanks mate. Your advice on ringing the council was great, and helped me clarify my queries.