ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council work & Civil Servant-Urgent OCI query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

takdeerwala
India

Council work & Civil Servant-Urgent OCI query

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:40 am

Hi All,
I am in the process of applying for OCI Card-India from UK. As per employment details being asked in the form, can a work with Local council like counting assistant during elections can be termed as Civil Servant?

Foreign Defence/Military/Civil Servants/Police/ex-Defence personnel/ persons working with security agencies are not eligible to apply for OCI. The above implies that the personnel of Home Office as well as of MoD. In addition, foreign diplomats are also not eligible

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Council work & Civil Servant-Urgent OCI query

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm

can a work with Local council like counting assistant during elections can be termed as Civil Servant?
No, not if this is all you do when working for the council or the Electoral authorities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Council work & Civil Servant-Urgent OCI query

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Thank You very much CR-001. I was worried that in some cases OCI card may be denied for Civil servant. For Unemployed people, they need a proof of last employment. I was worried whether I can put this or not as last job held. I will go ahead and put this info on the application if it will not be a hinderance for OCI acceptance as this is not Civil Servant.