ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chisomekwu
Mood:

INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Chisomekwu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi I am here again with my questions. Just that one needs to be armed with all info he can get before the ILR application.

My friend is in dire help and would appreciate if anyone can advise

He currently is on a 5year route Spouse visa issued first on 26th Dec 2012 on a 2.5 year route then renewed again in August 2015 and due to expire in Jan 2017.

The question is

1. He is currently earning £40,000 benefit inclusive but the annual salary is £36,999 excluding benefits. He started this new role in in Aug and by the time he goes for his ILR application, he will have earned about £11k in salary that is from August 2017 to Dec 2017 (5 months). Will 5 months slip be enough for ILR? He has gotten a letter from his employer which states his current salary per annum.

2. Since he's met the current financial threshold, is it wise to just not include the partners salary as this is of no Use?

3. He currently has appointment booked for Jan 4th 2018 and is patnervous will be out of the country. Can he apply with a full photocopy of the 34 page passport, her birth certificate with a supporting letter that she is in support of his ILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

1. He needs 6 months payslips or if the most recent job for less than 6 months, 12 months payslips. EITHER spouse's income can be used.

2. Up to him. Either salary can be used or combined salary.

3. Yes, and the support letter on why the partner cannot attend.

1. He is currently earning £40,000 benefit inclusive but the annual salary is £36,999 excluding benefits. He started this new role in in Aug and by the time he goes for his ILR application, he will have earned about £11k in salary that is from August 2017 to Dec 2017 (5 months). Will 5 months slip be enough for ILR? He has gotten a letter from his employer which states his current salary per annum.

2. Since he's met the current financial threshold, is it wise to just not include the partners salary as this is of no Use?

3. He currently has appointment booked for Jan 4th 2018 and is patnervous will be out of the country. Can he apply with a full photocopy of the 34 page passport, her birth certificate with a supporting letter that she is in support of his ILR application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Thanks for your reply. He was contracting from May 2016- to March 2017 but was out job till Aug 2017 when he got the new job. Will his pay slip as a contractor count eventhough this is nothe up to 12 months? Remember that will not meet the threshold as he was earning £615 monthly as a contractor excluding dividends. However, the company account is up to date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm

What is the spouse's annual income?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm
What is the spouse's annual income?
I have just asked him and he said the she earns above the threshold. But seems they are having problem hence he's trying to go solo with his own salary instead of adding hers too