ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by MAS99 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Yes I do..

First it is generic reply.. wait for 6 months blah blah blah

and then I ask them if my case has been passed to case-worker and then whether they says yes or no. .

If it passed then at least you should see some action within one week because the case is only passed to case-worker when they have done all other checks and case worker needs to review it

bbccdd
Newly Registered

Post by bbccdd » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:34 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 pm
Yes I do..

First it is generic reply.. wait for 6 months blah blah blah

and then I ask them if my case has been passed to case-worker and then whether they says yes or no. .

If it passed then at least you should see some action within one week because the case is only passed to case-worker when they have done all other checks and case worker needs to review it
hi thanks for reply,
what sort of checks they perform that takes 6 months to do that ? criminal is part of them, i guess HMRC too. what other checks ? they have information about bankruptcy it takes 2 second on line to check. in case of DVLA everything is on line now, they have all the immigration history in hands . i don't really understand what are those checks ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm

I assume they will have their own checklists of checks... but obviously they are not just sitting on application.. Some work must have been done.

Sadly the case has still not passed to any case-worker yet...

october2013

Post by october2013 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Dear house, pls dont read and pass by without commenting....i applied in mid Oct and done my biometrics....however theres been an urgent family need involving life/death of a sibling and i will really need to expedite my application process if possible.
How do i do this pls? How long does the process take? Is there any evidence i need to tender? I need to be abroad within the next few wks

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:08 pm

october2013 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 pm
Dear house, pls dont read and pass by without commenting....i applied in mid Oct and done my biometrics....however theres been an urgent family need involving life/death of a sibling and i will really need to expedite my application process if possible.
How do i do this pls? How long does the process take? Is there any evidence i need to tender? I need to be abroad within the next few wks
There is no other way of expatiating the process.
What i would suggest is, since you have done with bio-metric you just need to wait for their reply now.
Redirect your post to your close friend for your journey period and ask your friend to keep an Eye.
If you/your friend gets an invitation letter for booking ceremony, you can still book it from anywhere and just in case, if home Office has any queries, your friend can convey the message to you or you can come down quickly.

Even i applied in May and went to holidays for 5 weeks in July and redirected all my post to my close friend and asked him to keep an eye....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:44 pm

october2013 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 pm
As you applied by post, you might be able to request/get your passport and BRP card back but no real way to 'expedite' your application. Also worthwhile using NCS at the council to apply so that you keep your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Thank you all for the replies....do i ring to request my passport or email or send a posted letter pls? And how long will this take pls? Any ideas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:43 pm

october2013 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm
Thank you all for the replies....do i ring to request my passport or email or send a posted letter pls? And how long will this take pls? Any ideas
Online form, link below. You must tick 'NO' to the question 'Do you want to withdraw your application' if you want them to continue processing it.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 pm

CR001,

Just to double check about my PR card, it has to stay with me after the ceremony as i didn't have ILR status (BRP) so therefor it won't be sent to HO!
Also once the ceremony is done, how long does it take for the passport to arrive? btw i have used JCAP

Thanks
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

softy monster wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 pm
CR001,

Just to double check about my PR card, it has to stay with me after the ceremony as i didn't have ILR status (BRP) so therefor it won't be sent to HO!
Also once the ceremony is done, how long does it take for the passport to arrive? btw i have used JCAP

Thanks
1. Correct yes re PR card.

2. It depends how long the council takes to notify HO that you have attended your ceremony. Passport usually takes a week or two.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rolla1
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by rolla1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 pm

There are a lot of TIMELINES ONLY topics but no information that indicates if application is single or family. We applied as family of 2 Adults + 2 Kids (17 and 12) beginning of October, 4 applications sent together and received single email with reference number. I guess that all 4 applications will be decided as a batch. Based on posts there there are some application already approved which are sent same time or after our, I understand that each case is different and take different time but can someone explain in general because applications are together will it take more time? thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 pm

@rolla
Each application is individual - there no family or dependent type application.
You may be lucky to have received one email as a family, I never had an email, as an individual. Also no one knows whether all your applications are processed by one caseworker.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rolla1
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by rolla1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 pm

yes and no, each application is individual agree but condition for the kids is that at least one of the parents must have BC or to apply together and to be approved and other one to have PR.
They must be processed by same caseworker as there are shared documents like merge certificate.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi,
I have applied for citizenship on 11th September 2017. On 1st December I got a letter requesting additional information: to state whether I own a house, flat, bank accounts, shares... (and prove it) in the UK or any other country. I am confused.. Anyone with the same experience and more insight? Thanks KF2

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi All,
My naturalisation application has been approved. I applied on June and got approval on October. I have got my ceremony next week but I haven't received the supporting documents back I.e my life in uk certificate. Do they return it or no? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:48 pm

angelStha wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm
Hi All,
My naturalisation application has been approved. I applied on June and got approval on October. I have got my ceremony next week but I haven't received the supporting documents back I.e my life in uk certificate. Do they return it or no? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
LITUK certificate is retained by UKVI - you won't have any need for it now.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 pm

They did not return my LITUK certificate either.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:23 am

Ours was kept at ILR premium appointment so couldn't submit for citizenship.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello,
I am reading many post on this amazing website. But some things are making me worried- I applied via NCS but I didn not send P60s- I had just two so I've send some payslips- first and last from each job.Lady at NCS was not veryu helpful ie saying whatever you think is good you can send kind of advice.
Now I'm worried my application will be refused based on that. Do you guys think they will call requesting an explenation - or refuse straight up? Is it often they request more info from you guys?
Thnak you

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:10 pm

kiks wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:14 pm
Hello,
I am reading many post on this amazing website. But some things are making me worried- I applied via NCS but I didn not send P60s- I had just two so I've send some payslips- first and last from each job.Lady at NCS was not veryu helpful ie saying whatever you think is good you can send kind of advice.
Now I'm worried my application will be refused based on that. Do you guys think they will call requesting an explenation - or refuse straight up? Is it often they request more info from you guys?
Thnak you
Why did you send p60s or payslips tho?
To show employments etc???
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:20 pm

As it is in the application form - so most of people would send P60 from their employer but I dont have them so I send payslips- but not all of them.
"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for
applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
• Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK"

I might just overthink whole thing but with hefty price tag we all are ;-)

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

kiks wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:20 pm
As it is in the application form - so most of people would send P60 from their employer but I dont have them so I send payslips- but not all of them.
"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for
applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
• Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK"

I might just overthink whole thing but with hefty price tag we all are ;-)
As u quoted, ( your passport/s) that could be enough to show residency tho for the periods required.

I only included copy of my passports, to cover my residency for 6yrs, and as self assessment staff,, I included one year original copy of my tax submission docs.

And am still waiting to hear from them for decision since June.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 am

I've apllied with NCS and lady copied my passport and some payslips and two of P60- hope this will be fine :(

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:23 pm

kiks wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:14 pm
Hello,
Thnak you
I have sent P60s and payslips when requesting PR. Now, when applying for naturalisation, they have sent me a letter asking whether I own a house, bank accounts, shares - in the UK or elsewhere. Seems the process became rather unpredictable .. I think they will contact you for info if they need.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 pm

thank you for reply- as long they will contact me I will be happy to answer all the question. I just don't want them to refuse my application without contacting me. But I guess in most cases they try to reach to applicant first?
I am still waiting for any letter/email from them confirming that they've got my application or biometrics letter- its been 9 days since application but |I dont mind waiting as long it will all go well :)
Regards