ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by rajivunique » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 am

Hello,

I am new here and seeking some info about the topic in subject, kindly can someone help please.

I am on a ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa valid till 2022. My spouse is on ICT Tier 2 Dependent with same validity.
My spouse has cleared General Medical Council exam and is now eligible to practise as a doctor and she has some offers to start. Here are my queries, please advise.

1) I understand she has to apply for T2 General from home country as she can't switch from T2 ICT dependent to T2 General, am I correct ?

2) Once she is back in UK with T2 General, can I switch from T2 ICT staff migrant to T2 General dependent being in UK without having to go back to home country ?

If the answer to my question 2 is yes, then

3) what happens to my existing ICT LT T2 Visa, is it automatically cancelled and my current employer gets informed of this visa change automatically ?

4) As my current ICT LT T2 Visa is sponsored by my current employer, do I have to inform them about the switch of my visa ? How will it affect me for the current job I am doing ? what other things I should be aware of please ?

5) Am I allowed to continue doing the same job on which I came to UK on ICT T2 visa once I have switched to T2 general dependent ?

6) Finally what documents I should be ready with to switch from ICT Long Term T2 visa to T2 General dependent Visa within UK please?

Thank you very much in advance for your valuable input on my queries.

Regards,
RJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 am

1. Yes, from home country.

2. Yes, you can switch within the UK once your spouse returns with a valid Tier 2 General visa.

3. It is automatically cancelled when your dependent visa is granted. No they likely won't BUT you must inform them of your new visa and provide evidence of your right to work.

4. Yes, see #3 above. How it affects your employment depends on your employer and whether they wish to retain you or not - this is not an immigration related question.

5. Yes.

6. Search the forum, lots of information about this and read the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:45 am

Hey CR001 - You're truly a star, thanks a lot for such a super quick reply. God bless you. Thank you.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

Hiya,

Continuing my query that has a twist now, if someone can help clarify, I'd be grateful.

So my spouse is back with her own T2 General Visa which has a validiy of 2 years(2019).

How can she find out that her previous ICT T2 Long Term Dependent visa which had a validity till 2022 is still valid or not.

I have an ICT T2 Long Term Visa till 2022 and before she got her own T2 General with only 2 years validity, she was my dependent.

I want to understand, if she leaves her current job at any time that she is doing on her own T2 General visa, can she continue to be with me in UK on her ICT T2 Long Term Dependent visa valid till 2022 which was issued ealier to her T2 General ?

Kind Regards,
RJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 am

How can she find out that her previous ICT T2 Long Term Dependent visa which had a validity till 2022 is still valid or not.
It would have been cancelled from the moment her Tier 2 General was issued. It is not possible to hold two different visas for the UK at the same time.
I want to understand, if she leaves her current job at any time that she is doing on her own T2 General visa, can she continue to be with me in UK on her ICT T2 Long Term Dependent visa valid till 2022 which was issued ealier to her T2 General ?
She will have to apply for a new dependent visa if she leaves her Tier 2 sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am

The moment a person is granted a new visa, their old visa stands cancelled immediately.

Hopefully, this helps to answer your other questions as well

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:41 am

Ok, thank you CR01 and SPTULA. Appreciate your help.

Now there are 2 queries that comes in my mind, if you can advise pls.

1. Can she change her visa from T2 General to be my dependent on T2 ICT LT visa WITHIN UK ? or she will have to go back to home country to do that?

2. As you know we pay health surcharge of £200 for any UK Tier visa's - So what happened to the amount that was paid for her
T2 ICT dependent visa (2017-2022) that she had before her current T2 General visa (2017-2019) ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

1. She can change within the UK.

2. You likely loose it as you have chosen to chop and change visas not HO. IHS is payable with each visa you apply for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:18 pm

sptula wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am
The moment a person is granted a new visa, their old visa stands cancelled immediately.

Hopefully, this helps to answer your other questions as well
Thanks sptula. Can you point me to any direct link of the home office website where I can read this in details please ?