ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yasmin112
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

british passport

Post by yasmin112 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm

i have applied for british passport for my daughter she was born in the UK 2014
I and my partner are both from EEA country we came to UK seperately in 2006 as children
I was a student on high school then i went to a training course after that i become pregnant so i have never worked in the UK

My partner started to work at the age of 18 but he was only 20 years old when our child was born
how can we prove our treaty rights for my child passport application

IcikePicike
Hungary

Re: british passport

Post by IcikePicike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 am

Is your child entitled to British citizenship/passport? I thought only children born to a British or a settled parent were automatically entitled to one.
" 5. Born in the UK after 1983

You’re automatically a British citizen if you were born in the UK after 1 January 1983 and 1 of your parents was a British citizen or settled here at that time. You don’t need to register.
"

https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... after-1983

It sounds to me like you or your partner or both will have to apply for EEA PR first, get your permanent residency cards and then proceed with British citizenship.

"Your parent has become a British citizen or settled since your birth

You can register to become a British citizen if you fulfil all of the criteria:

you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983
you’re under 18 when you apply
one of your parents has become a British citizen or settled in the UK since you were born

Apply using form MN1. Read the guidance before you apply.

"