ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Ceremony

Post by Mcmahon1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi,

My application got decided on the 24.11.2017 after 2 months ish.
Still don't know the outcome.

Here is my questions:

1. When do you normally get the letter with your decision? and how does it come ( With your docs back or a letter on its own)

2. When is the council notified so you can book your ceremony ?

3. When and how does the ceremony invitation come?

Thanks again.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Ceremony

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 pm

You can look at the various threads of Timelines by months. In about two weeks time, you shall recieve a letter from Home Office (normal Second Class post-Brown envelope) congratulating you and the details of your Local council where you will need to Call and take appointment of the Ceremony. The Council Officer will also send you a letter inviting you for Ceremony after you call them and tell them that you have recieved letter from Home Office. Take both letters on the ceremony date.On the day of ceremony, you will get your Naturalisation Certificate.

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by Mcmahon1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks for reply. When and how do you get your documents back. Do they come separately ?

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Which Documents are you implying here? I applied thru NCS so I dod not give any original documents. Did you submit application by Post and submit your original Passport, Degree, English Requirements? In that case, I think that either Timelines will have such entries for Non-NCS applicants or some other members can guide better then me. I did not get any documents back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Mcmahon1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 pm
Thanks for reply. When and how do you get your documents back. Do they come separately ?
Documents are sent separately to the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Mcmahon1 wrote:
Probably there's not a single rule for that. I received letter and documents together.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 pm

AdInfernos wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Mcmahon1 wrote:
Probably there isn't a single rule for that. I received letter and documents together.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Mcmahon1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Hi,

Here is my questions:

1. When do you normally get the letter with your decision? and how does it come ( With your docs back or a letter on its own)

Thanks again.
How long is a piece of string? There's no size fits all. Mine decided and letter received in 4 working days. Council had all details and booked same day as letter arrived, 17 days and still awaiting a decision on status checker though. Lots of different outcomes for everyone I'm afraid.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Mcmahon1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Hi,

Here is my questions:

Thanks again.
1. The decision letter comes by 2nd class post (brown A5 envelope). Mine came 9 working days after the online status changed to decided.
2. Usually by the time you get your decision letter, the council already has got your papers.
3. On my decision letter (received 24-Nov) it just says to contact the council and the details inc telephone number were given there in the letter. I was able to ring and book the (paid) private ceremony on the next working day. It may be different if you are fine with a group (free) ceremony.

I suggest to call the council once you get the decision letter - they will be able to check if they have your certificate and advise/book the next public (free) group ceremony or the (paid) private one.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

swintooh wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

1. The decision letter comes by 2nd class post (brown A5 envelope). Mine came 9 working days after the online status changed to decided.
2. Usually by the time you get your decision letter, the council already has got your papers.
3. On my decision letter (received 24-Nov) it just says to contact the council and the details inc telephone number were given there in the letter. I was able to ring and book the (paid) private ceremony on the next working day. It may be different if you are fine with a group (free) ceremony.

I suggest to call the council once you get the decision letter - they will be able to check if they have your certificate and advise/book the next public (free) group ceremony or the (paid) private one.
there is nothing free when it's comes to the HO, it's already paid with your application fee £1282, and it's about £80/85! That's why it's refundable when an application is refused! :-)

Softy M
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm

McMahon just remain patient.. it is taking time to get the decision and invitation letters for some reason.. If your application is decided on 24th I would keep calm until 5 December than start emailing.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:35 am

softy monster wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm
swintooh wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

there is nothing free when it's comes to the HO, it's already paid with your application fee £1282, and it's about £80/85! That's why it's refundable when an application is refused! :-)

Softy M
Correct, however I treat the £80 as a "certificate fee" rather than ceremony then public ceremony is "free" whereas the private one is an extra hundred/few hundred quid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm

swintooh wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:35 am
Correct, however I treat the £80 as a "certificate fee" rather than ceremony then public ceremony is "free" whereas the private one is an extra hundred/few hundred quid.
The £80 is the ceremony fee as clearly stated in HO's fee list and NOT a 'certificate' fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm
swintooh wrote:
The £80 is the ceremony fee as clearly stated in HO's fee list and NOT a 'certificate' fee.
Correct!! Why would that be for a certificate?
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Okay I give up since both of you did not understand the difference between "is" and "I treat it as"...

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:10 pm

softy monster wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm
swintooh wrote:
Correct!! Why would that be for a certificate?
Would you not think the £80 is for the third party which is the council and fee for conducting the ceremony? However it gets passed to the local authority. The private ceremony at extra cost is if you want more privacy and extra guest's.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Actually a private ceremony doesn't always permit guests, as a forum member recently found. It depends on the local Council and the limitation of the room capacity. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:37 pm
Actually a private ceremony doesn't always permit guests, as a forum member recently found. It depends on the local Council and the limitation of the room capacity. :idea:
Plenty of room at my local council but not a very nice location, " A Coroner's Court" . I suppose it could be worse "A Chapel of rest".