ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

businessmanuk
Mood:

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:27 pm
If ur on tier 1 then u have to show them all ur tax documents they will check all ur tax returns and and will do necessary checks if u apply for SET LR
The topic of this thread is Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) which will give you some hint before giving out WRONG INFORMATION.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 am

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 am
Hassan7861 wrote:
If ur on tier 1 then u have to show them all ur tax documents they will check all ur tax returns and and will do necessary checks if u apply for SET LR
The topic of this thread is Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) which will give you some hint before giving out WRONG INFORMATION.
Calm down. HO can and do ask for documents related to time on tier 1 even if applying for ILR via 10 years long residence. Many cases on the forum about this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saahib_ali

Post by saahib_ali » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am

Friend2k99 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 pm
saahib_ali wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:26 pm
Hassan7861 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am
Saahib ali
Are u still waiting?
ALHAMD-UL-ALLAH
I have received my documents today, it reached yesterday to my representative/solicitor. Got my ILR after a loooooooong wait. Very very grateful to ALLAH almighty.
Hi Saahib

Masha Allah. Congratulations. Mine case is few days later than your. Can you please tell, was your application status changed to decided? Or they did not update.

Hi Friend2K99
Yes, the status was changed before i received the documents.
You keep an eye on your status on the tracking website.

One more thing! If it has been more than three months, since you received your court decision then you should write to PDCWU and highlight that its been more than three months.

Best Regards

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 am
businessmanuk wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:
Calm down. HO can and do ask for documents related to time on tier 1 even if applying for ILR via 10 years long residence. Many cases on the forum about this.
I only wanted to ask what are the standard documents required for SET (LR) application in short, is it just previous passports along with picture and application form only?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am
CR001 wrote:
businessmanuk wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:
I only wanted to ask what are the standard documents required for SET (LR) application in short, is it just previous passports along with picture and application form only?
The form clearly states what is required in terms of documents. Follow the instructions on the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:
businessmanuk wrote:

The form clearly states what is required in terms of documents. Follow the instructions on the form.
If everyone is going to follow and understand what the instructions on the form says than your forum wouldn't be running and you wouldn't get many posts on daily basis, again, is it just previous passports along with picture and application form only?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm

saahib_ali wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am
Friend2k99 wrote:
saahib_ali wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:
Saahib ali
Are u still waiting?
ALHAMD-UL-ALLAH
I have received my documents today, it reached yesterday to my representative/solicitor. Got my ILR after a loooooooong wait. Very very grateful to ALLAH almighty.
Hi Saahib

Masha Allah. Congratulations. Mine case is few days later than your. Can you please tell, was your application status changed to decided? Or they did not update.

Hi Friend2K99

One more thing! If it has been more than three months, since you received your court decision then you should write to PDCWU and highlight that its been more than three months.

Best Regards
Hi its been over a month since my case is with post decesion case work unit but my status when i try to track my application it still says ref no not recognised what could be the reason?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
businessmanuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:

If everyone is going to follow and understand what the instructions on the form says than your forum wouldn't be running and you wouldn't get many posts on daily basis, again, is it just previous passports along with picture and application form only?
The answer is still same . If u cant understand the instruction then u should get help from a lawyer rather then arguing with the people on this forum who are simply trying to help u.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:
businessmanuk wrote:

The answer is still same . If u cant understand the instruction then u should get help from a lawyer rather then arguing with the people on this forum who are simply trying to help u.
This isn't called Help - This is called look there and you will get Help. What's the point of me posting here and asking question then?

saahib_ali

Post by saahib_ali » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm
saahib_ali wrote:
Friend2k99 wrote:
saahib_ali wrote:

ALHAMD-UL-ALLAH
Hi Saahib

Hi Friend2K99

Best Regards
Hi its been over a month since my case is with post decesion case work unit but my status when i try to track my application it still says ref no not recognised what could be the reason?
Hi Hassan
Sometimes the caseworker is not very keen to use optional/on-trial system. Most probably the caseworker did not put your details on the online system.

raheelmalhii
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by raheelmalhii » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Bhanu Saxena wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:20 pm
raheelmalhii wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:05 pm
Bhanu Saxena wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:23 pm
Hello Admin and group members I want to know something about my case.... below are the details:

I went for my SET LR application at Croydon PSC on 9th November (10 year route)where they asked me to provide documents related to my Tier1 visa company detail, business details etc within 14 days which I posted last Monday 20th November 2017 which was received by HO on Tuesday... So I want to know how much time they take to respond as I spoke to HO customer support and the lady advised that it will take six months minimum to make the decision is it correct?? and is there anyway I could track the application progress coz she mentioned that I can’t track same day applications on the given website please advise.. Thanks in advance
Hello Saxena
I don’t think it will take 6 months as there were people on the group who had same situations but they got call within 1 month that they get the visa so hopefully you will get good news.
I am going on 29 December so please share your list of documents they asked ?
I got one more questions that did you not know that they ask for the documents as we had discussions that they always ask ?
Hello Raheel
Please provide me your email if possible and I will send you the document..
I knew about this but my friends have advised and some of them applied without providing a single document from Tier 1 as according to them in Long residence it doesn't matter what visa you were on as long as you living legally... I found strange when the case worker asked me all this....
Email address removed by moderator. Kindly read the forum rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Bhanu Saxena wrote:
Hello Raheel
I knew about this but my friends have advised and some of them applied without providing a single document from Tier 1 as according to them in Long residence it doesn't matter what visa you were on as long as you living legally... I found strange when the case worker asked me all this....
Members are NOT permitted to post ANY contact details. Please read the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm
Hassan7861 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:

This isn't called Help - This is called look there and you will get Help. What's the point of me posting here and asking question then?
When i applied for set lr i used

Set lr form
Pictures
Life in uk
Msc degree
And payslips of my father to show he is exercising his treaty rights in uk as i am currently dependent on my father and he is swedish national.

And list of absences from uk on seprate sheet. Case worker never asked me for anything else never asked me for any tax returns because im not on tier 1 or anyother category in which u have to show ur tax returns.

Only reason my ilr was refused is because of 62 days gap between my previous LTR applications.

Ill tell u again documents vary from case to case and they always ask for more documents if ur on tier 1 u will have to show ur tax documentation.

ADMIN KINDLY CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

ilr_dkj
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_dkj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I have completed 10 years in the UK and now looking to apply to ILR. My only issue is with one of my previous visa applications which I hope some of you could shed some light and help me out with.

When i applied for PSW Visa 2009 a week before my visa ran out, the application was returned due to the application format been changed. They sent me a letter advising to resend the application within 28 days with the updated application. By the time i received this letter my visa had expired and it was about 18 days since my visa had expired.

I filled in the updated application and posted that through within days after receiving the letter.

My question is whether my continuous stay would have been broken due to this issue?

I have tried to attach a copy of the letter to this but i cant find a way to do this

Friend2k99
Newly Registered

Post by Friend2k99 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

saahib_ali wrote:
Friend2k99 wrote:
saahib_ali wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:
Saahib ali
Are u still waiting?
ALHAMD-UL-ALLAH
Hi Saahib

Hi Friend2K99

Best Regards
Thank you Saahib. Its going to be 4 months this week since the appeal allowed. I have already sent 2 letters but no reply. No update on the status. Hopefully I will get soon.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:33 am

ilr_dkj wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm
I have completed 10 years in the UK and now looking to apply to ILR. My only issue is with one of my previous visa applications which I hope some of you could shed some light and help me out with.

When i applied for PSW Visa 2009 a week before my visa ran out, the application was returned due to the application format been changed. They sent me a letter advising to resend the application within 28 days with the updated application. By the time i received this letter my visa had expired and it was about 18 days since my visa had expired.

I filled in the updated application and posted that through within days after receiving the letter.

My question is whether my continuous stay would have been broken due to this issue?

I have tried to attach a copy of the letter to this but i cant find a way to do this
Hi
If u had sent the application back within 28 days then u have nothing to worry about ull be fine

raheelmalhii
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by raheelmalhii » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 am

Bhanu Saxena wrote:
raheelmalhii wrote:
Bhanu Saxena wrote:
Hello Admin and group members I want to know something about my case.... below are the details:

I went for my SET LR application at Croydon PSC on 9th November (10 year route)where they asked me to provide documents related to my Tier1 visa company detail, business details etc within 14 days which I posted last Monday 20th November 2017 which was received by HO on Tuesday... So I want to know how much time they take to respond as I spoke to HO customer support and the lady advised that it will take six months minimum to make the decision is it correct?? and is there anyway I could track the application progress coz she mentioned that I can’t track same day applications on the given website please advise.. Thanks in advance
Hello Saxena
I don’t think it will take 6 months as there were people on the group who had same situations but they got call within 1 month that they get the visa so hopefully you will get good news.
I got one more questions that did you not know that they ask for the documents as we had discussions that they always ask ?
Hello Raheel
Hello Saxena
Admin removed the email so can you please post here so other members can get the benefit as well.
Regards

ilr_dkj
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_dkj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:33 am
ilr_dkj wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi
If u had sent the application back within 28 days then u have nothing to worry about ull be fine
Hi,
do you mean 28 days from my visa expiry date?
The letter says send new one and if they receive it within 28 days they wont refund the payment. but they refunded me the payment days after i received the letter anyway. any advice would be much appreciated.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 am

28 days from the day u received ur invalid application back from office count the days from the date on the letter

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:16 pm
Hi sarah
Ur case must be complex thats y its taking so much time if uve been to window premium then u should have get ur decesion with in same day i guess they needed more checks on ur case. Its better u write them a letter and ask the reason for delay. If this dosent help then contact ur mp
I have done all efforts lots of time. Written complaint, twice MP has written, Lawyer has written and I have written 100 times. No update. I don't think - they are not touching old hold applications. Tier 1 general application is nearly 17 months and LR application which is the actual current application is over 7 months. No news. Still awaiting a decision.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm
Hassan7861 wrote:
Hi sarah
Ur case must be complex thats y its taking so much time if uve been to window premium then u should have get ur decesion with in same day i guess they needed more checks on ur case. Its better u write them a letter and ask the reason for delay. If this dosent help then contact ur mp
I have done all efforts lots of time. Written complaint, twice MP has written, Lawyer has written and I have written 100 times. No update. I don't think - they are not touching old hold applications. Tier 1 general application is nearly 17 months and LR application which is the actual current application is over 7 months. No news. Still awaiting a decision.
I guess they are doing so serious checks on ur application may ur application is not straight forward its only 1 month over then there actual given time of 6 months. Did they replied to ur MP they are bound to reply ur MP. What i suggest u is to make an SAR fast track application its free and it have 20 days dead line they will send u all the it records and case worker notes on ur file if u receive it before ur ILR then u can see what notes and checks they are doing on ur current pending application.

ilr_dkj
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_dkj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 am
28 days from the day u received ur invalid application back from office count the days from the date on the letter
Hi Hassan,
Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciate it.

I spoke to a solicitor and they have said to me that based on the judgement below the application might get refused as an invalid rejected application is classed as a break and that my 10 year continuous stay would be broken due to this. Is this true.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/ ... dgment.pdf

I am really worried. I've read over the judgement over and the more I read it the more worried i am. Please shed some light on this if anyone has some knowledge on this judgement or on my case with returned invalid applications.

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm
sarahkhan175 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm
Hassan7861 wrote:
Hi sarah
I guess they are doing so serious checks on ur application may ur application is not straight forward its only 1 month over then there actual given time of 6 months. Did they replied to ur MP they are bound to reply ur MP. What i suggest u is to make an SAR fast track application its free and it have 20 days dead line they will send u all the it records and case worker notes on ur file if u receive it before ur ILR then u can see what notes and checks they are doing on ur current pending application.
Okay I try to do this as well.It seems like they are purposely holding and not making actual progress on my application.

Bhanu Saxena
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bhanu Saxena » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 pm

raheelmalhii wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 am
Bhanu Saxena wrote:
raheelmalhii wrote:
Bhanu Saxena wrote:

Hello Saxena
Hello Raheel
Hello Saxena
Admin removed the email so can you please post here so other members can get the benefit as well.
Regards
Hello Raheel

Below are the points that HO asked to provides documents for, hope this is help for everyone but make sure these are case dependent so you got addition information include it in your file:

the following information/documents as stated below -1. Please advise us and submit the appropriate evidence to demonstrate that you have done one of the following things within 6 moths from the grant of leave -
(i) registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed,
(ii) registered a new business in which you are a director, or
(iii) registered as a director of an existing business
2. Please advise us if you have set up a business as stated in your Tier 1 Entrepreneur application and if so, please submit us the relevant details in its support for our reference.
3. Please advise us if the funds referred to in your Tier 1 Entrepreneur leave to remain application are continued to be available to you, except where they have been spent for the purposes of your business or businesses and submit the relevant evidence in its support.
4. Please advise us if you are currently in employment outside your own business.
5. Please submit us your bank statements since grant of leave to remain as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant to demonstrate that you have been maintaining yourself and dependant family, if any, in the UK without recourse to public funds.

Regards

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Dear All,

Finally, after nearly 2 years I was granted indefinite leave to remain in the first week of October ( few weeks ago) . Throughout my ILR application, I kept on checking this forum , few posts from member did encouraged me a lot so thank you. I was on Tier 1 general and after getting frustrated I then varied my application to Long term residency.

If I look back now, It’s been a tough ride, loads of time I got very disappointed, but then again, knowing it’s nothing more I could do, I just tried to stay positive. Last few months, I contacted home office numerous times , unfortunately didn’t get any reply, I then ended up having depression. All the factors (like not able to travel, to start a new life, get myself a better job etc etc ), did affected my life and health, that was a very tough time. Luckily, I had my partner with me, she supported me through thick and thin.

From my personal experience I’ll say, No matter how strong or powerful or confident we are, tough times will come: viciously forcing their might on us, causing us to crumble. As mighty as we can feel one day, we can feel just as lost and scared the next. I don't say this to cause fear, I say it because it's the truth. The hardest part of tough times is not to lose hope and to have faith and to leave everything to God .

Good luck everyone , who are still waiting for their ILR application decision. I really hope you will get good news soon.

Thank you again to all members and the ones who have shared their experiences, it did helped alot.