ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa with sponsor’s old Biometric (asILR approved awaiting BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sai0055
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Standard visitor visa with sponsor’s old Biometric (asILR approved awaiting BRP

Post by Sai0055 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Board members,

Need your suggestions and guidance on standard Visitor visa for my parents.

I have recently submitted visitor visa application for my parents with all my details(invitation, BRP, payslips, statements,etc;). Their appointment for submitting documents is on Wednesday I.e 6/12/2017.

But I applied for my ILR last week and got approved. I am now waiting for my new biometric card.

My question is Do they need to submit my biometric?

If so can they apply/submit application with my old biometric card?

I have confirmation letter from HO stating that my ILR is approved. So can I just ask them to submit my old BRP along with the ILR letter received on Friday.

Please can anyone guide me on the above ASAP.
Thanks everyone in advance.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Standard visitor visa with sponsor’s old Biometric (asILR approved awaiting BRP

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm

They are not required to submit your original BRP in the first place, only copy needed. (Certified if possible). Also, how can you still have old BRP when you have applied for ILR & are approved? You are or were supposed to surrender it. You can, however, use the letter but note that it does not confirm that ILR is granted. It only states that BRP will be arriving soon.

Sai0055
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Re: Standard visitor visa with sponsor’s old Biometric (asILR approved awaiting BRP

Post by Sai0055 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Bruteforce thanks for reply.

I mean they are submitting copy of my old BRP card along with their application.

I already surrendered my old BRP and awaiting for the new one.

So do they need to enclose copy of my leave to remain in UK?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:10 pm

Ideally you should include proof of your residence status as with HO you never know. They can refuse for any reason and also there is no right of appeal on standard visitor visa.