ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by bmstein » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 am

Same here. Applied 5th July, EU maried to BC, still waiting and find it very frustrating when September/October applicants moan about how long they had to wait to have their cases decided.

MYA

Post by MYA » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Anyone please tell me the email addresses on which I can ask about the progress of the application

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:28 pm

This timeline is unbelievable (It's not mine though !!). Decided in 2 weeks after biometrics.

Hearty Congratulations Dude :)

Eligibility criteria:5 years EEA +1 year Permanent Residence
Language criteria met: MSc degree + Life in the UK
Nationality: EEA
Method of application: NCS Rutherglen
Date of application: 27.10.2017
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI: 31.10.17 as per Royal mail
Date of acknowledgment: 6.11.17
Date money gone off account: 3.11.17
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 4.11.17
Biometrics done: 17.11.17
Date of approval: DECIDED on the 1.12.17, waiting for the letter
Date of ceremony:

Ele231703
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Ele231703 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi mates, same boat than you, applied 27 of july, E.U citizen married to a B.C. and still trying to be patient.Keep hope mates, hopefuly soon, we will see the word " DECIDED' too in our screen.Having saying that still can't figure out our HO works, as you said, august, september, october got their reply before ours.....

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:15 pm

The lack of consistency in treatment of these applications is really quite astounding but nothing unexpected from an HO which has never seemed to have its house in order since I have arrived in the UK.

Maram
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Maram » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 pm

when Check my visa or immigration application status

Reference number not recognised

I called HO and they say you need to write
which email I need to send this compaine
is it poet or email ?

saj626

Post by saj626 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Anapplicant wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:44 am
Waiting since 12 July but no sign - was really smooth initially as applied on 12 July and got acknowledgement on the 18 and did the biometrics same day as well but it has been silence since.

Had T2 (general visa) + 1 Year on ILR thought it would have been a straightforward case but I can see applications from September are being decided but no sign of progress on my July application :(

Status says awaiting decision if I use my Case ID number and says decided when I use my biometric card number - I called to confirm and they said it was still pending as Biometric card number is showing decided for ILR status and not citizenship - but the status checker says you could use either reference number to find status of application.

On 11 December it would have been 5 months still within maximum 6 months but I really don't know why the delay but guess just have to be patient...

Is anyone else waiting for decision on July application?

Thank you for your posts everyone one gets a lot of hope from this forum!

Hello

I am waiting since 29th June mate .. it is so frustrating ..

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

saj626 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:50 pm
Anapplicant wrote:
Waiting since 12 July but no sign - was really smooth initially as applied on 12 July and got acknowledgement on the 18 and did the biometrics same day as well but it has been silence since.

Had T2 (general visa) + 1 Year on ILR thought it would have been a straightforward case but I can see applications from September are being decided but no sign of progress on my July application :(

Status says awaiting decision if I use my Case ID number and says decided when I use my biometric card number - I called to confirm and they said it was still pending as Biometric card number is showing decided for ILR status and not citizenship - but the status checker says you could use either reference number to find status of application.

On 11 December it would have been 5 months still within maximum 6 months but I really don't know why the delay but guess just have to be patient...

The biometric card will always show decided as the it is a previous application... I applied in August and still waiting - it's frustating to see no update / progress and just having worst thoughts! While seeing cases from September (and even some from October) being decided already. Hope for the best for everyone!

By the way, I also applied through Tier 2 - it would be interesting to see if we can see some trends for Tier 2 applicants in particular...Most people i see here are either EEA, Tier 1 or family route...

viyadav
Newly Registered
India

Post by viyadav » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 am

Hi ,

I applied for Naturalization and Citizenship ( British passport) on 7th September 2017 through NCS, I checked the status on the below link

ontact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus.

Status says : Decided .
I checked the status on 1st Dec ,But when the status was updated to Decided is not clear. Can somebody suggest how to track this.

BR,
VY

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 am

viyadav wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 am
Hi ,

I applied for Naturalization and Citizenship ( British passport) on 7th September 2017 through NCS, I checked the status on the below link

ontact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus.

Status says : Decided .
I checked the status on 1st Dec ,But when the status was updated to Decided is not clear. Can somebody suggest how to track this.

BR,
VY
You can't track it only approximately. Just give it 10 days to see if you get anything in the post. After that contact them.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 am

silverchloride wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am
saj626 wrote:
Anapplicant wrote:

The biometric card will always show decided as the it is a previous application... I applied in August and still waiting - it's frustating to see no update / progress and just having worst thoughts! While seeing cases from September (and even some from October) being decided already. Hope for the best for everyone!

By the way, I also applied through Tier 2 - it would be interesting to see if we can see some trends for Tier 2 applicants in particular...Most people i see here are either EEA, Tier 1 or family route...
BRP won't always show up as decided. My BRP for ILR is not on system and number is not recognised.

PS89
Newly Registered
India

Post by PS89 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 am

MYA wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:07 pm
Anyone please tell me the email addresses on which I can ask about the progress of the application
Please see as requested
Citizenship and nationality enquiries
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges

MYA

Post by MYA » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:15 am

Thank you very much PS89

It’s first time that I asked about something and no one bothered to reply, you came forward and reply me much forward , otherwise this my question would be lost under heavy questions as every one is tense specially May June july applicants .

Much appreciated

RuwanP
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by RuwanP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 am

Hi All
I applied for my Tier 2 visa extension and the tracking process returns "The reference number has not been recognised." when I have used the application, health surcharge, Royal Mail and BRP no." I contacted UK Visa customer services and they told me that it's just a trial service. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 am

RuwanP wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 am
Hi All
I applied for my Tier 2 visa extension and the tracking process returns "The reference number has not been recognised." when I have used the application, health surcharge, Royal Mail and BRP no." I contacted UK Visa customer services and they told me that it's just a trial service. :?
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP application status checking ONLY.

Kindly post in the Tier 2 visa sub forum further up the main page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am
saj626 wrote:
Anapplicant wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Just have to be patient I guess. The BRP number is only issues once you get the ILR so not sure why would someone check whether they have received the ILR if they already have the BRP? Anyways this is still a trial beta service so it is not completely accurate...I have seen some people post that they got the approval but still online status shows Awaiting Decision!

Also today someone posted on July 2017 timeline for citizenship that they got the approval letter and they had T2 visa as well :)

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I have a slightly off topic question (apologies in advance CR001), but didn't know where else to put it and didn't think it was worth starting a new thread about it.

Royal Mail claims on their website that second class mail takes 2-3 business days to be delivered.

HO mail is sent via second class mail, however, looking at most timelines it does appear to usually take about 10 days to receive the letters.

Is the Royal Mail completely understating how long second class mail takes to be delivered on their website, or is there something else going on here? E.g. they may date their letter as X, but in fact it only gets posted at X+7 days?

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 am

I have a bit of an odd question. I randomly decided to check the reference that is 1 digit before mine (e.g. ends on a 6 if mine ends on a 7) and it was decided. Then I checked the one before the 6 (e.g. 4 because 5 did not seem to exist) and it was still Awaiting Decision.

Have we had any information if cases are decided in batches? I know someone in this thread used to do a daily script to see how groups of apps are doing.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 am

tallahassee wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm
I have a slightly off topic question (apologies in advance CR001), but didn't know where else to put it and didn't think it was worth starting a new thread about it.

Royal Mail claims on their website that second class mail takes 2-3 business days to be delivered.

HO mail is sent via second class mail, however, looking at most timelines it does appear to usually take about 10 days to receive the letters.

Is the Royal Mail completely understating how long second class mail takes to be delivered on their website, or is there something else going on here? E.g. they may date their letter as X, but in fact it only gets posted at X+7 days?
For your reference folks:

My application status is on "Decided" (changed on 30/11 after 1pm and still showing at such). Nothing in the post as yet. I don't expect anything until some time next week, if received earlier than that's a bonus.

To answer your question: yes, 2nd class normally takes about 3 days, but let's not forget we are now approaching Xmas and all the cards that are sent, plus online orders etc etc may delay the matter further!

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am

Right wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 am
I have a bit of an odd question. I randomly decided to check the reference that is 1 digit before mine (e.g. ends on a 6 if mine ends on a 7) and it was decided. Then I checked the one before the 6 (e.g. 4 because 5 did not seem to exist) and it was still Awaiting Decision.

Have we had any information if cases are decided in batches? I know someone in this thread used to do a daily script to see how groups of apps are doing.
Hi right
I have the same experience one case before me is decided one aftee me is awaiting decesion and one after is also decided and mine says not recognised. (Eg if me is 7 one before is 6 and thats decided and 8 thats after so thats awaiting decesion.)

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Right wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 am

Yes, this discussion is a few pages further back in this thread, probably 3-5 pages, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Of course everything we found out is just 'speculation', but the general consensus was:
- All HO applications are included in the case ID system, which is why you may have case IDs way after yours that change to Decided more quickly (not all applications take as long as Citizenship to be decided)
- The 'non-existing' case IDs are presumed to be of dependent applications, i.e. if a family of 4 applies together for citizenship, only one main case ID can be tracked and the other three will show up as not recognised
- With regards to the batches, it does appear that a lot of online statuses seem to change around 12.00 (midday) each day. Not sure if anyone can disprove this and had their status definitely change at another point in time. This would suggest that the application statuses get updated with a daily batch job running around midday, but does not (necessarily) mean that applications get decided in batches.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks, tallahassee, you make very good points and I really should have thought of them myself seeing as I've had 3 other case IDs myself.

All we can do is wait and hope, I guess.

Edit: In fact, I just checked those other 3 refs and the only one not recognised is the one from 2008.

pinoy_possum
Newly Registered

Post by pinoy_possum » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 am

Hi yall,

I applied back in August 14 2017 for Citizenship and i have been a silent follower of the forum. My status shifted to "Decided" last November 25, 2017. I was informed that the letter has already been posted and that I should receive it within 10 working days.

Aside from this phone number: 00 44 203 481 1736, is there any number that i can call to check the status of the post. I am looking to get the Tracking Number from HO and check the status of the post on my end.

Hoping to hear from you soon folks, Goodluck to all application!

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 am

pinoy_possum wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 am
Hi yall,

I applied back in August 14 2017 for Citizenship and i have been a silent follower of the forum. My status shifted to "Decided" last November 25, 2017. I was informed that the letter has already been posted and that I should receive it within 10 working days.

Aside from this phone number: 00 44 203 481 1736, is there any number that i can call to check the status of the post. I am looking to get the Tracking Number from HO and check the status of the post on my end.

hi there,
in a similar boat myself, "Decided" from 30/11 but I hope to get the post soon. There is no tracking for it as it's sent 2nd class postage. Try calling UKVI on 0300 123 2253. That seems to be teh phone number to call as far as all the posts on here and success rates at getting through to them.

good luck!

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:03 pm

pinoy_possum wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 am
Hi yall,

hi,
i am in the same boat,decided 24/11/17 online but not recieved any letter yet.