ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got the Approval Letter, When should I travel

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tarek131
Newly Registered

Got the Approval Letter, When should I travel

Post by tarek131 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:13 pm

Dear All,
I have got my HSMP approval letter two weeks ago. However, I don't want to travel know, I want to stay for one year at my current job.

My questions are:
- Should I travel immediately when I receive the EC (Visa)?
- For how long will the visa be valid?
- If I receive two years visa and I travel after one year, can I apply for Extension?

Thank you very much.

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Post by priya.agrawal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Tarek,

It seems that we are in same boat. Just the difference is you have got the approval and I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Visa.
I also don't want to come immediately after the approval. I have put my query at various forums and what I unbderstand is:

You can come anytime during the validity of your Visa. However, the extension may be a problem as you can not spend more than 3 months in continuation outside UK after the visa issue date. If you do so your further application for extension may not be considered.

IMHO: You should think twice and confirm twice before making decision.

All the best!!

Cheers,

friefox

Post by friefox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 pm

you should also be aware of Post Dated EC. You can ask the office to stamp Post Dated Application with the intended date, within 3 months of date of application