ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good news on Maintenance funds latest

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

santosh_katakam

Good news on Maintenance funds latest

Post by santosh_katakam » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 am

guys. good news on maintenance funds.

just called them up today and they have confirmed that if you show them you had £800 atleast for one day/month for 3 months is more than enough . hopefully it should be officially updated very soon in the bia site. i would suggest you better call them up and confirm for double confirmation.

Hope its a fantastic news.

cheers,
Santosh

lolo
Newly Registered

Post by lolo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:41 am

hey guys, i just called them as well and they told me the same thing. she said as long as you can prove you have the funds available to you at the time of the application ie. a bank statement or a letter from the bank, it should be fine. The new rules are coming in on the 29th June.

She also said in the covering letter, just include that you are aware of the transitional arrangement have included the proof of the £800.

Woo!

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:42 am

lolo wrote:hey guys, i just called them as well and they told me the same thing. she said as long as you can prove you have the funds available to you at the time of the application ie. a bank statement or a letter from the bank, it should be fine. The new rules are coming in on the 29th June.

She also said in the covering letter, just include that you are aware of the transitional arrangement have included the proof of the £800.

Woo!
Thats a great news guys.

but i am just wondering about ( The new rules are coming in on the 29th June.)

kan u plz explain

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:53 pm

santosh_katakam,

great news really.. :lol: ..

lolo,
Btw can you xplain wt the new rules you mentioned about?

Can someone give the list of docs needed for FLR?

Cheers
Lion

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:00 pm

I spoke to HO. Was told that people appplying till 29 June need to show 800 on any one day in past 1 month of application. And this is called transitional arrangement. Hope it helps. This is a great news.

prem12

Post by prem12 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:42 pm

I have Fixed deposists worth about 800 pounds. Please let me know if the Fixed deposits are aceptable form of funds or not.
________
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FORUM
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:42 pm

vipul1981 wrote:I spoke to HO. Was told that people appplying till 29 June need to show 800 on any one day in past 1 month of application. And this is called transitional arrangement. Hope it helps. This is a great news.
Thanks a lot vipul

kan u plz forward me the number u kalled in.

regards

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 pm

lolo
Newly Registered

Post by lolo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 pm

Sorry to confuse you guys. The new rules are the current rules as we know: that you must have evidence of at least £800 in your account for 3 months. The transitional arrangements are that you need to show you have £800 around the time of applying.

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Link confirming transitional arrangement for maintenance fun

Post by priya.agrawal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Guys.. The news is absolutely true.. follow the link to see details..

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Cheers,

FLO

Post by FLO » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:41 pm

Remember that applicants from India and other parts of the world will show maintainace fund of 2800 GBP and not 800GBP. Apart from this the information on the suspension of 3 months proof of maintenace fund is true till 28th June. For those other people who have not started Tier 1, the indication appears that it will be made global from June 29th. Wishing you all the best.

hsmp_aspirant
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_aspirant » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks for the link Priya - indeed very useful. One thing not clear though. Under transitional arrangement, what is the condition for dependents. If I have my wife and my kid dependent on me, do I need to show 3200 GBP for them for three months or for only one month.

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Post by priya.agrawal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:16 pm

Hello hsmp_aspirant,

Although they have not mentioned clearly in the link about the dependents but I am sure that the same rule will be applicable for dependent applications.

Actually they maight have made the transitional arrangement after ppl raise the concerns that they can not ask for statements for previous period. 3 months rule will come in effect after 3 months i.e. 29 June.

So I think there is nothing to worry about. If you have 4000 (800+1600+1600) GBP in your account at the time of application, it should be enough for consideration of your applications.

Cheers,

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:02 pm

thanks everyone,, this is a good news.

Anyone, any idea how did this happen??

I mean was there any appeal in the court for this??

Can we do somthing for India as well..

( Instead of money in the bank for 3 months to be in the bank for 1 month before apply)

That will be great...
Regards
Ammu

Aviator111

ref: ammu

Post by Aviator111 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I think Indian MP Keith Vaz from Liecester who'd have lobbied for us.

I did send a request to Mr. Vaz explaining how this Maintenance Funds for 3 months is illogical, esp for student HSMP Approval holders (WITH 20-HR WORK LIMIT). I also sent a formal complaint to Home Office explaining the illogicality of the clause.

Either Mr. Vaz or the Home Minsitry saw the point and the HO made corrections to this policy. I need to send a msg of thanks to Mr. Vaz & his Parliament Secretary Ms. Bigham, btw. He had promised to look into this issue. :)

Long Live Keith Vaz!

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 am

priya.agrawal wrote:Hello hsmp_aspirant,

Although they have not mentioned clearly in the link about the dependents but I am sure that the same rule will be applicable for dependent applications.

Cheers,
Hi, i think the bia website indicates something else.. as far as i can understand . the 29 June is only for UK applicants..
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

I quote from the website (as on 2nd April 2008)
" For applications submitted within the United Kingdom on or after 30 June 2008, and for applications submitted from within India, you will have to meet the requirements below...."

From the construction of sentence it appears , the grace period is only being granted to within UK applicants.
Umesh Sethi

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Could anyone call HOME office and confirm??
Is this applicable those who apply from India as well.

Good Job Aviator111 !!! :D
Regards
Ammu

vnvijay

Re: Good news on Maintenance funds latest

Post by vnvijay » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi,

Does this rule apply for Indians also,

R u in UK at the moment?

Thanks,
VJ

santosh_katakam wrote:guys. good news on maintenance funds.

just called them up today and they have confirmed that if you show them you had £800 atleast for one day/month for 3 months is more than enough . hopefully it should be officially updated very soon in the bia site. i would suggest you better call them up and confirm for double confirmation.

Hope its a fantastic news.

cheers,
Santosh

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi,

Does this rule apply for Indians also,

R u in UK at the moment?

Thanks,
VJ
lolo wrote:hey guys, i just called them as well and they told me the same thing. she said as long as you can prove you have the funds available to you at the time of the application ie. a bank statement or a letter from the bank, it should be fine. The new rules are coming in on the 29th June.

Woo!