ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette on expired passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manishsnghl
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Vignette on expired passport

Post by Manishsnghl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied for UK tier 2 visa and found that UKVI issued the vignette to my expired passport. My new passport number is mentioned on the vignette. All other information mentioned on the vignette is correct. Let me know if I can travel with the vignette issued on my old passport with my new passport details?

Manishsnghl
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Vignette on expired passport

Post by Manishsnghl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Manishsnghl wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm
Hi Experts,

I have recently applied for UK tier 2 visa and found that UKVI issued the vignette to my expired passport. My new passport number is mentioned on the vignette. All other information mentioned on the vignette is correct. Let me know if I can travel with the vignette issued on my old passport with my new passport details?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Did you submit your new passport?

Why did you submit an expired passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Why did you submit an expired passport?
Really @CR001? You must know better HO want to see all passports current or expired, which have been used for time spent in the UK.

Also, OP, you should be able to travel fine but will need to carry both passports. You could highlight the issue to the HO and get them to fix it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 am

fielddrive wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 pm
Really @CR001? You must know better HO want to see all passports current or expired, which have been used for time spent in the UK.
I was not aware it was a requirement from outside the UK!! I was not required to aubmit all my old passports even though i had been to the UK previously.

As we have seen so many times, members submit unnecessary documents!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.