ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G to ILR - different names on passports

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Tier 2 G to ILR - different names on passports

Post by mt0007 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 am

Hello,

I'm preparing to apply for my ILR and have a few questions. Hope you can shed some light on them. Thank you in advance.

1. My timelines are

* UK Entry Clearance Visa issue date for Tier 2 G: 02 Jan 2013
* First entry in UK: 17 Jan 2013

Hence I can in theory start applying in premium service centre from (02 Jan 2018 - 28 days) ie 5 Dec 2017, correct?

2. I have 6 passports - 1 inforce & 2 expired HK passports as well as 1 inforce and 2 expired British National (Overseas) passports.

I have used HK passport for my first Tier 2 visa and my entry clearance visa (no BRP issued then) was on this passport. During these 3 years, my HK passport expired so I renewed it. Then I decided to change name, via a deed poll in HK, to add the English bit beside my chinese name and so I had a new HK passport with a longer first name (no change in last name).

In summer 2015, then I was preparing to renew the tier 2 visa and I decided to have it on my British National (Overseas) passport. I then bought another deed poll to change the name of my BNO passport. Due to naming convention, my english first name was put in different order than my HK passport i.e. on BNO passport and my BRP issued for renewal of tier 2, my name is "ENGLISH FIRST NAME + CHINESE FIRST NAME + LAST NAME" but on my current HK passport, my name is "CHINESE FIRST NAME + ENGLISH FIRST NAME + LAST NAME".

I plan to use the current BNO passport for applying for ILR.

2a) should I bring along and submit all 6 passports?
2b) Would there be a high risk of refusal due to the differences in passport names?
2c) A lawyer friend has suggested me to write a cover letter to UKVI and attach it along with my application form explaining the differences in names. Any other points to note in my cover letter to UKVI?

3. Is the payslip required to be at most 1 month old from ILR appointment date? My salary date is 28th of the month and there is no printed payslip so I need it certified by HR. If my appointment date is anytime from 29 Dec 2017 onwards, does it mean I am not able to use the 28 Nov 2017 payslip and I have to use the Dec 2017 payslip?

4. Do we need to provide 1 month of payslip only but not 3 months? (and of course accompanying with bank statement)

Thanks!

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 G to ILR - different names on passports

Post by mt0007 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello, any advice on the matter esp. on #2 different names. Thanks loads in advance!!

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by mt0007 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello, anyone who could shed some light please? :)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 am

In summer of 2015 when you changed your name, did you report this change of circumstances to UKVI ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by mt0007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:42 am

Yes, I have applied for my biometric permit and renewed my passport using the new name in 2015.

Thanks!!

mt0007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by mt0007 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 pm

As a follow-up, got my ILR approval in person today. YAY!