ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric PR Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EUPR
India

Biometric PR Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

Post by EUPR » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi, I've got my Permanent Resident BRP about 3 months ago. I went to my country (India) but when i came back to uk , the guy at the airport checked my card and said there is an error in your card and he is going to keep it. He said to me contact with Home office and ask them for new card. Home office guy did not return my BRP card. He also said this is home office mistake. SO nothing to worry But i am in tension.

Now i have some questions.

1) Does this situation happened with somebody else in the forum.

2) Do i need to apply new card or just call them give them my information (BRP card detail) .luckily i have photocopy of the card.

3) If i apply how long will it take to get new card.

4) Do i need to apply PR again :?: and wait for another 6 months.

Dear admins please answers these questions. I will be very thankful to you. I am going to visit friends in feb out of UK. I hope it will be sorted out by feb 2018.

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Your status remains the same as before. Just apply for a BRP replacement: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Have you subsequently acquired British citizenship? Do you have ILR under the UK Immigration Rules or PR under the EEA Regulations (they are different laws)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 pm
Your status remains the same as before. Just apply for a BRP replacement: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace
Hi zimba88,
Thank you very much for reply.I've gone through these pages. This application form is for replacement BRP in case if it is lost / damage / stolen not if is there any home office mistake. In my case home office forgot to write "family member of EU" on the front of the card.
I see back of my BRP card it is written "EU right to reside" or something like this. I showed this line to Home Office guy at the airport as well. He says this card was issued incorrectly.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm
Have you subsequently acquired British citizenship? Do you have ILR under the UK Immigration Rules or PR under the EEA Regulations (they are different laws)?
Hi secret.simon,
thanks for replying so quickly. I've got PR under the EEA Regulations. I can apply naturalisation after 1 year of PR. I've got PR about 3-4 months ago. so after 8 months i can apply for naturalisation. But now i am worried if they issue me new PR will HO put new issue date or previous PR issue date.

please reply . . .. .. :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am

Many members have experienced the problems of incorrect BRP cards. You will likely receive a new one that is correct.

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-return-to ... 38081.html

eea-route-applications/ho-letter-urging ... 39131.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 am

EUPR wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am
But now i am worried if they issue me new PR will HO put new issue date or previous PR issue date.
For the purpose of applying for naturalisation, the date on the PR card is irrelevant. You can apply for naturalisation any time after one year from the date of acquisition of PR, which will likely be mentioned on the letter that came with the PR card.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am
Many members have experienced the problems of incorrect BRP cards. You will likely receive a new one that is correct.

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-return-to ... 38081.html

eea-route-applications/ho-letter-urging ... 39131.html
thanks. i am relaxed now after reading the threads you provided. thanks for sparing time for me.
do i nee to call them or send them in written form provided online stolen/lost form. But my is not stolen or lost.

Do i need to send documents required in the replacement BRP application.

Please enlighten me if you know more about this.
your answer will help me.

thanks

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 am
EUPR wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am
But now i am worried if they issue me new PR will HO put new issue date or previous PR issue date.
For the purpose of applying for naturalisation, the date on the PR card is irrelevant. You can apply for naturalisation any time after one year from the date of acquisition of PR, which will likely be mentioned on the letter that came with the PR card.
thank you very much. I've got that letter.
regards

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:58 am

hi, would you please tell me "
Do i need to fill the application form or call them or email them only". I am a bit confused.

one more question, do i need to do B1 or B2 for english language requirement for naturalisation (PR under EU regulations). I did IELTS in 2008. Can i use IELTS even it has expired 8 years ago or still i need to do B1 or B2.

please reply me.

thnaks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Do i need to fill the application form or call them or email them only". I am a bit confused.
I can't answer this one, but the assumption is that you will be sent an new card.
one more question, do i need to do B1 or B2 for english language requirement for naturalisation (PR under EU regulations). I did IELTS in 2008. Can i use IELTS even it has expired 8 years ago or still i need to do B1 or B2.

You will need to do a new B1 test from an HO approved test provider and do the Life in the UK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 pm
I can't answer this one, but the assumption is that you will be sent an new card.

You will need to do a new B1 test from an HO approved test provider and do the Life in the UK test.
thank you very much. You are really helpful.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi, i am still waiting for the BRP card. My solicitor called them 2 months ago and send them email. But no luck so far. Last week solicitor send them letter. I am really stressed now.

1)Does it take this long for new BRP card.
2)Can I apply Naturalisation without BRP. I've got letter which came along with BRP card
3)I've got visa on my passport which expire in 2019, can i travel abroad without BRP. Will there be any problem when i come back.
4) I am trying to book LIFE IN THE UK TEST but it asks BRP details. I've got detail but will they ask me when i will go for exam.

Please reply. Your words will really help me...

thanks

Waitinglong
Newly Registered
India

Post by Waitinglong » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm

If you have valid visa on your passport, you should be able to travel.
For life in the UK test, you can show passport or driving licence (option you choose while booking the test) and address proof, no need for BRP.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm

HI Waitinglong, Thank you very much for replying. i've booked my test now for Life in the UK.
Do i need BRP card to apply for naturalisation application. I've read somewhere, brp has to return to Home office within few days after nationality. What i think , it is not required for naturalisation . But i am not 100% sure. I will be really grateful if you or someone else in the forum give me answer of this question.

It has been waiting for more than 2 months now. Does it really take this long.?

Please answer these question as well.

thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

The replacement BRP could take upto 6 months.
You need the information on the card but you do not need to send your BRP for naturalisation. You must return the card to HO after the ceremony
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

Thank you very zimba88. I've sill got 6 months to apply for naturalisation. I have still visa on my passport. If need i can travel, I am but relax now. Everything is OK.

Thanks for clearing the air.
zimba88 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm
The replacement BRP could take upto 6 months.
You need the information on the card but you do not need to send your BRP for naturalisation. You must return the card to HO after the ceremony

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi,
I am still waiting for BRP replacement card. My solicitor send request for replacement BRP cards more 5 times. Yesterday he filed complaint to Home Office. I dont know why it is taking so long. It is almost 4 months now. My nationality is due in couple of months.

Most probably my solicitor is missing something. On the website, it is mentioned that i will receive BRP within 5 days. Why it is taking so long.

Anybody got the same issue like. Actually my card curtailed by home office agent at the airport. He said to me, I can apply again because there is an error in the card. He did not tell me what is the error.

Please reply.

i am waiitng for your help

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 am

As you have PR under the EEA regulations, you do not have a BRP, but a biometric Permanent Residence Card (an Article 20 Residence Card). There are likely different rules and procedures for replacement of cards issued under the EEA Regulations and the delay may be caused by the fact that you have applied for a replacement BRP, which is one issued under the UK Immigration Rules. It is possible that the request is with the wrong team within the Home Office, as different teams deal with UK Immigration Rules and EEA Regulations.

Try contacting the email address listed on the Report a lost or stolen card link. They may be able to guide you further. The following link on that page does suggest that the whole PR application needs to be made de novo if the PR Card is lost/stolen. But it does not clarify if that applies if the PR Card has been held by the Border Force/UKV&I.

I have amended the subject line of your thread to clarify that you have lost a PR Card, not a BRP.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 am
As you have PR under the EEA regulations, you do not have a BRP, but a biometric Permanent Residence Card (an Article 20 Residence Card). There are likely different rules and procedures for replacement of cards issued under the EEA Regulations and the delay may be caused by the fact that you have applied for a replacement BRP, which is one issued under the UK Immigration Rules. It is possible that the request is with the wrong team within the Home Office, as different teams deal with UK Immigration Rules and EEA Regulations.

Try contacting the email address listed on the Report a lost or stolen card link. They may be able to guide you further. The following link on that page does suggest that the whole PR application needs to be made de novo if the PR Card is lost/stolen. But it does not clarify if that applies if the PR Card has been held by the Border Force/UKV&I.

I have amended the subject line of your thread to clarify that you have lost a PR Card, not a BRP.

Thanks secret.simon, I will send email on this address as well. I kept sending on inquiries@biometric-residence-permit.homeoffice.gov.uk

I hope i will get replacement card soon.

my nationality is due soon.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 pm

EUPR wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am
secret.simon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 am

Thanks secret.simon, I will send email on this address as well. I kept sending on inquiries@biometric-residence-permit.homeoffice.gov.uk

I hope i will get replacement card soon.

my nationality is due soon.
Hi,
I sent them emails. All the time they are replying with the following general message .
------------
If you are responding to an e-mail we sent to you we will read your message and then try to help you with your problem.

If you are not responding to an e-mail we sent to you we will delete your message without reading it. You will then need to seek help somewhere else.

Please read the rest of this email carefully. It explains where to find help with the most common problems.

You have received a decision from the Home Office but you are now waiting for your biometric card or an EEA Treaty Rights document
• If you were expecting our courier to deliver it to you please complete the form at www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

• If you were expecting to collect a BRP from a Post Office branch please complete the form at www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect

You have received a biometric card but it contains a mistake
• Please complete the form at www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

You have lost your biometric card, or it has been stolen
• Please complete the form at www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/ ... en-damaged

You have made an application that has not yet been decided by the Home Office
• You have not received a biometric enrolment (barcode) letter to use at the Post Office, please send an e-mail to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

• To ask for your documents to be returned see the guidance at www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

• To obtain an update on the progress of your case or if you have a general immigration enquiry see the guidance at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

• To notify us of a change of address for you or your representative please complete the form at https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml
--------

Please advice me what to do now.

waiting for your assistance.

regards

EUPR
India

Re: Biometric PR Card kept by Home Office Agent at the airport

Post by EUPR » Tue May 01, 2018 8:55 pm

hi,
today i've got email replied by HO saying:

________Message__________
In order to issue you an amended Biometric card (BRC), please reply to this email confirming a dispatch address.
--------------------

Dear admin, please tell me is it a good news or bad news. If it is good news then how long will it take to arrive the card.
please share your experiences.

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Wed May 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Somebody please shed some light into this case.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 am

No experience on this. Surely they want to send you the BRP based on that email

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu May 03, 2018 11:05 am

zimba88 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 am
No experience on this. Surely they want to send you the BRP based on that email
Thanks.......