ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for my BRP Replacement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manar
Newly Registered
Oman

Waiting for my BRP Replacement

Post by manar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 pm

Hey, guys

I'm due to travel on the 15th of December (In a week) and I still don't have neither my passport nor my BRP replacement (I sent my passport with my BRP form). I'm a second year student in UoM. My timeline is as follows:

Date of BRP(RC) application form submission via Special Delivery by 1 PM post: 10/10/2017
Received by Home Office in Durham: 11/10/2017
Fees deducated from bank account: 12/10/2017
Biometric letter requirement arrived: 25/10/2017
Biometrics submitted: 30/10/2017
Completes eight weeks processing time: 06/12/2017 (TODAY)

Since then, I haven't received any word from the Home Office and I'm becoming increasingly worried as the date of my flights nears (I'm an international student from Oman -- I booked this flight in September and I didn't realize or think that it would ever take this long).

My question is: Do you think that I'll receive it before my flight? Will I have to reschedule? And can I go to Durham Home Office and pick it up myself? Is there any way to track my application (I tried a number and it was permanently closed)?

I would really apreciate some insight or advice on my issue to ease my mind. Thank you for your help in advance.

Manar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Waiting for my BRP Replacement

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

Do you think that I'll receive it before my flight?

Possibly not. BRP(RC) applications can take a couple/few months.
Will I have to reschedule?
Possibly.
And can I go to Durham Home Office and pick it up myself?
No you cannot.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am

Get advice from the international student adviser at your university. They will have a better sense of current processing times than anyone here. They can also contact the Home Office on your behalf for information, however they cannot expedite the application. If you wanted it quickly, I'm afraid you should have used the premium service.

If you wish, you can withdraw the application, although it may now be too late for that since you are travelling next week. Again, your international student adviser can advise on this. You would need to apply in Oman for a single-use replacement BRP visa in order to re-enter the UK, then apply again for the replacement BRP.

Or be prepared to postpone or cancel your trip.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

manar
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by manar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am
Get advice from the international student adviser at your university. They will have a better sense of current processing times than anyone here. They can also contact the Home Office on your behalf for information, however they cannot expedite the application. If you wanted it quickly, I'm afraid you should have used the premium service.

If you wish, you can withdraw the application, although it may now be too late for that since you are travelling next week. Again, your international student adviser can advise on this. You would need to apply in Oman for a single-use replacement BRP visa in order to re-enter the UK, then apply again for the replacement BRP.

Or be prepared to postpone or cancel your trip.
Thank you for answering!

I did go to them yesterday and have them send an enquiry email notifying the HO that my flight is nearing. Unfortunately, there was nothing much they could do or tell me, like you said.

Withdrawing the application would be too much of a hassle. I've already wasted enough time on this. I just wish that someone would have told me that it would take all this time; I definitely would have considered the premium service option then.

Since you mention it, I lost my BRP back home in Oman, meaning I had to apply for a single-entry visa once before. The reason why I can't do it this time like you suggested is because I sent my passport along with my application. I read somewhere (possibly on this site) that it takes gross amounts of time for an application to be withdrawn and for documents to be returned. So for me it's literally come down to a waiting game.

manar
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by manar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am
Do you think that I'll receive it before my flight?

Possibly not. BRP(RC) applications can take a couple/few months.
Will I have to reschedule?
Possibly.
And can I go to Durham Home Office and pick it up myself?
No you cannot.
Thanks for replying!

What I read in mulitple sites before submitting my application is that Tier 4 BRP(RC) take around eight weeks, whereas Tier 2 (and maybe other can take up to 6 months). Is this not true?