ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eTourist Visa for India Q- Have you visited india before

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amber19
Newly Registered

eTourist Visa for India Q- Have you visited india before

Post by amber19 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,
I was an indian citizen before and then after coming to UK, visited India many times on Tier2 visa and have got British Passport recently. Because of lack of time, I need to apply for eTourist Visa.
Now one of the tricky question in the online form is "Have you ever visited india before" and this question appears under Previous/Current Visa details. I did visit India as an Indian but then I cant enter visa details..

Can someone please help urgently on what do I need to fill in ?? I have booked tickets for 20-March

Thanks
Amber

Amritsar singh

Re: eTourist Visa for India Q- Have you visited india before

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi mate you don't need to enter any detail about previous visit to India on India passport I went India first time on British passport with e tourist visa make sure you cant apply e visa less then 72 hour period off departure please take with you Indian passport srunder critifecate and also cancel Indian passport photo copy when you travel OK

kaakili
Newly Registered

Post by kaakili » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 am

Hi Guys, I have same problem. I do not have time to surrender my indian passport as i'm travelling on 20th April. I got my British passport(Naturalized on 5th March) yesterday and i was trying to fill in Evisa.
Should i apply for Evisa?
Should i surrender my Indian passport?
looking forward to expert advise

kaakili
Newly Registered

Post by kaakili » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:57 am

Sorry guys, please can someone respond, which passport should i be showing while going out and which one gets stamped while arriving India and which one to show while coming out of india.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:53 am

IMHO you cannot carry Indian passport alongside a foreign passport.

You have to surrender it straightaway as soon as you receive your British passport. There is a so called "Grace period" for using Indian passport for 3 months even after aquiring foreign citizenship, but I don't think you can avail that if you have already received the foreigh travel document.

Since you have sufficient time, just apply for an evisa online.

This is just my opinion and not based on any first-hand experience.

rajnikakkar
Newly Registered

Post by rajnikakkar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi,

May I ask the same question asked earlier on this topic.

What should I fill in "Have you ever been to India" if I was an Indian citizen prior to getting British nationality recently? I never had an Indian visa so can't say 'Yes' as it asks for previous visa details. But can I say 'no' as I was born in India.

Do they mean to ask "have you even been to India via visa route"

Silly people can't ask simple things clearly.

Please advise guys.

Thanks.