ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mughlii
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Oliver12 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 am
Hi guys,

Since you know its been a week I have got my Family Permit Visa,
I had few confusion going on since I received my FP, I did try to google it out but theres no specific information mentioned for what I'm looking out for,
I hope in this forum will guide me thru....

1) Since Family Permit is valid for only 6 months, what happens if the family permit is expired after 6 months, do we have to leave the UK and apply for 1 or we can still reside in the UK after the visa has expired but on what condition or is it termed illegal to stay in the UK after Visa expired.
2) I do know about applying for a residence card, however in my case, my spouse is not in the UK, I will be travelling with her to the UK and not joining her, hence she'll be looking out for a job, hence I'm not sure that will I be able to apply for a residence card, cause as per the condition she wouldn't have 3 months salary slip to show during my application for residence card.
3) and what happens when applying for the residence card just before a month of family permit is about to expire do we have to leave the UK.

Ill really appreciate any information given to clear my doubts from any of you awaiting visa or who have already gor the visa and may be the OP as well.

thanks some1
Oliver
hi
dont need to worried about ur visa expire u can apply residence card after six month or even after 1 year they will send you email after ur visa expire they will ask you to leave country or mad any application and 3 wage slips you can make in uk with some refrences i thing u can understand what i mean u will find lods of people they will help u abut it dont need to worry abut the cant do anything as long as u r a eea family member

hachel

Post by hachel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Rajput345 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm
Hello friends *Update*
I have rcvd msg from vfs yesterday that proccesed application rcvd.i have collected.
Applied 2016 refused
Appealed and wait a year result dismiss
Again apply 05.10.17
Contact Mp: No
Contact solvit: No
Collected 05.12.17
Visa granted ALHAMDULILLAH
40 working day
I pray friends you will get your EEA family permits soon INSHALLAH
Very glad for you ;) Enjoy it !!!
Was your application "not straightforward" ?

Cheers,

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Rajput345 wrote:
Hello friends *Update*
I have rcvd msg from vfs yesterday that proccesed application rcvd.i have collected.
Applied 2016 refused
Again apply 05.10.17
Collected 05.12.17
40 working day
salam rajput,
can you share the full msg of vsf so that can get idea for positive decision. appreciate your sharing.

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm

progazna wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm
Rajput345 wrote:
Hello friends *Update*
Applied 2016 refused
Again apply 05.10.17
Collected 05.12.17
40 working day
salam rajput,
can you share the full msg of vsf so that can get idea for positive decision. appreciate your sharing.
Walykum salam
I have rcvd text msg
The proccesed visa application has been rcvd at vfs
GWF.......
my application is not straitforwd.
Stay positive please i note that all applicants have been got EEA FP in this period.you will also get INSHALLAH

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Submitted 20.06.2017
123 working days
172 days
Still waiting
It

unuojeye
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by unuojeye » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 am

biometrics 20 june 2017 from madrid
123 working days
still waiting

Suarez11
Newly Registered

Post by Suarez11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 am

I have been granted a visa on 01/12/2017 , applied on 15/08/2017 from Islamabad
Alhamdulillah
I have a question in how long time do I have to enter the uk
And what do I have to do when I am in the uk?

Thank you

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm
Oliver12 wrote:
Hi guys,

I had few confusion going on since I received my FP, I did try to google it out but theres no specific information mentioned for what I'm looking out for,

1) Since Family Permit is valid for only 6 months, what happens if the family permit is expired after 6 months, do we have to leave the UK and apply for 1 or we can still reside in the UK after the visa has expired but on what condition or is it termed illegal to stay in the UK after Visa expired.
2) I do know about applying for a residence card, however in my case, my spouse is not in the UK, I will be travelling with her to the UK and not joining her, hence she'll be looking out for a job, hence I'm not sure that will I be able to apply for a residence card, cause as per the condition she wouldn't have 3 months salary slip to show during my application for residence card.
3) and what happens when applying for the residence card just before a month of family permit is about to expire do we have to leave the UK.

Ill really appreciate any information given to clear my doubts from any of you awaiting visa or who have already gor the visa and may be the OP as well.

thanks some1
Oliver
hi
dont need to worried about ur visa expire u can apply residence card after six month or even after 1 year they will send you email after ur visa expire they will ask you to leave country or mad any application and 3 wage slips you can make in uk with some refrences i thing u can understand what i mean u will find lods of people they will help u abut it dont need to worry abut the cant do anything as long as u r a eea family member

Thanks mate, thanks for the info

additionally you say 3 wages slips,as u know Ill be on a family permit Visa, If I wanna take up a job, will I get a job while I'm on a Family Permit Visa in the UK or I need to have a Residence card

sshirodker
Newly Registered
India

Post by sshirodker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi guys....
Need some info two days back my status changed frm "complete" to "in active" what does this mean.... My timeline biometrics on 8th August 2017... Non straightforward mail on 24th August since then nothing heard.... Thanks in advance..😊

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm

sshirodker wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm
Hi guys....
Need some info two days back my status changed frm "complete" to "in active" what does this mean.... My timeline biometrics on 8th August 2017... Non straightforward mail on 24th August since then nothing heard.... Thanks in advance..😊

HOw did you know your status ! where we can checkout?

Nitnav
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nitnav » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello,

It was a gruelling wait for 110 working days and close to 5 months since I applied for my EEA FP to join my husband in London, and finally I’m glad to inform you all that I got my visa to travel to the UK.

I must say the information and suggestions posted in this forum helped me immensely to expedite our process. We kept escalating after every 15 or 20 day period, wrote to our MP, solvit after crossing 90 working days. Our MP had also sent us a letter explaining the situation and assured that he will be working on our case. Lo and behold, guess it worked for us. So please hang in there, your visa might be on it way.

Application submission: 3rd July from chennai, India
Not starlight forward email: 15th nov
No of escalations: 3
Got a confirmation mail: 4th dec
Received my passport with FP: 6th dec

sshirodker
Newly Registered
India

Post by sshirodker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Rheeb1 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm
sshirodker wrote:
Hi guys....

U can chk ur status in visa application confermation mail der Ul find link below completed application...

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 pm

sshirodker wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm
Rheeb1 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm
sshirodker wrote:
Hi guys....

U can chk ur status in visa application confermation mail der Ul find link below completed application...

Thank you 😊

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi everyone, i tried creating an account on tlscontact website after submitting my spouse's eea family permit application online but it says that same email address has been used and it would not allow me use same address.

Yes, my spouse used the same email address to create an account on tlscontact website for her first application which was refused, Now another application has been submitted, but creating an account on tlscontact website is not possible with same email address. The details of the first application is still on tlscontact website, but the second one cannot be seen as there is no way to create another account with same email address. I did not want to use a different email address as this could cause a confusion.

Has anyone had this experience before. Any opinion is helpful pls.
Thanks a lot.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 am

U have to change the email id. Create a new one just for this purpose and you can go ahead. Do not waste time

THere is no option

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 am

Oliver12 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm
Mughlii wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm
Oliver12 wrote:
Hi guys,

thanks some1
Oliver
hi

Thanks mate, thanks for the info

additionally you say 3 wages slips,as u know Ill be on a family permit Visa, If I wanna take up a job, will I get a job while I'm on a Family Permit Visa in the UK or I need to have a Residence card
obviously u can take a job on cash in hand and on ni number but find someone and make wages slips of ur spouse

Tmaran
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Tmaran » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 am

Martina shujau wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 am
EEA family member permitt
Reading this forum from the beginning of my journey as well.
my husband Maldivian national applied for eea fam permitt in colombo sri lanka 31.7.
All documents submitted no problem.
No communication what so ever, 4th escalatiom sent today. Got in touch with local MP and nothing, send a complaint and nothing. Today it has been 90 working days. My marriage is falling appart:-( this is just shocking. I am czech national living and working in Uk for seven years.I feel absolutelly hopeless . If anyone have any other idea how can I get things moving please let me know.

Hi iam applied from colombu srilanka 15/5/2017 this is very long day for me my visa is eea ok I need some docments dowd for me please contact t me (077) 445 2041 please I need talk u 5 mit cal me plz

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am

Guys, Finally my wife got her EEA family permit this time. we have waited to long. we had applied on 24 July 2017 from Lahore, Pakistan.

Waiting is one of the most difficult thing. I wish best of luck all of you guys. I hope everyone will get the visa soon.

Guys one question: On her visa it is mentioned "EEA family member FP to acc faisal(me)".

I guess "Acc" mean accommodate. So, my question is, can she travel alone, If I join her on the London airport?
I think on London airport they will definitely ask this question before clearance.

But at the time of departure from Pakistan, will they refuse her to travel alone?

Any suggestion or past experience will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 am

faisal3100 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am
Guys, Finally my wife got her EEA family permit this time. we have waited to long. we had applied on 24 July 2017 from Lahore, Pakistan.

Waiting is one of the most difficult thing. I wish best of luck all of you guys. I hope everyone will get the visa soon.

Guys one question: On her visa it is mentioned "EEA family member FP to acc faisal(me)".

I guess "Acc" mean accommodate. So, my question is, can she travel alone, If I join her on the London airport?
I think on London airport they will definitely ask this question before clearance.

But at the time of departure from Pakistan, will they refuse her to travel alone?

No, 'Acc' DOES NOT mean 'accommodate. 'ACC' means 'Accompany'. If it was to 'join' it would have said 'join'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am

Nitnav wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm
Hello,

It was a gruelling wait for 110 working days and close to 5 months since I applied for my EEA FP to join my husband in London, and finally I’m glad to inform you all that I got my visa to travel to the UK.

I must say the information and suggestions posted in this forum helped me immensely to expedite our process. We kept escalating after every 15 or 20 day period, wrote to our MP, solvit after crossing 90 working days. Our MP had also sent us a letter explaining the situation and assured that he will be working on our case. Lo and behold, guess it worked for us. So please hang in there, your visa might be on it way.

Application submission: 3rd July from chennai, India
Not starlight forward email: 15th nov
No of escalations: 3
Got a confirmation mail: 4th dec
Received my passport with FP: 6th dec
Congratulations,
Finally someone from the month of July has been granted their visa.
I also applied in July but still waiting 99days today.
Once again congratulations have a great time with your family

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

Acc mean accompany. I wrote it wrong in above post. My English :)

hachel

Post by hachel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am

sshirodker wrote:
Hi guys....
Hi sshirodker,
I guess you are talking about the status on the visa4uk right ?
If that's so then it doesn't mean anything. I had the same question a while ago.

Cheers,

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 am
faisal3100 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am

No, 'Acc' DOES NOT mean 'accommodate. 'ACC' means 'Accompany'. If it was to 'join' it would have said 'join'.

CR001. thank you for the reply. So, it means She can travel alone?

Here is one email regarding this topic. one of my friend forwarded me this email.

One of my friend forwarded me the following email. According to the email it seems "accompany" and "join" is a same thing but not sure if the rules has changed because the email is from 2014.

From: European Operational Policy Enquiries <EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
To: 'c l' <xxxxx>
Cc: European Operational Policy Enquiries <EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2014, 16:15
Subject: RE: EEA family permit: to accompany/to join: Easyjet carriage.

Dear C,

With regards to your below query, the EEA Family Permit is issued in line with regulation 12 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. This regulation states that the purpose of an EEA Family Permit is to allow the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to accompany or join his/her sponsor in the UK.

Although the wording on the vignette says only “to accompany”, in practice this means “to accompany or join”; the omission is simply due to a lack of space on the vignette and it will not prevent your civil partner from joining you in the UK. This right is enshrined by Article 5 of Directive 2004/38/EC and the UK has fully implemented it into the Regulations as cited above.

I hope this is of assistance.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxx
Euro Ops Policy

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm

danny27 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 am
U have to change the email id. Create a new one just for this purpose and you can go ahead. Do not waste time

THere is no option
I have changed the email address but still no luck, it seems that tlscontact staff used their own email when she submitted her biometrics and documents scanned. this means that i would not be able to track her application to see status. thanks for your reply anyway.

Ola2

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
danny27 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 am

THere is no option
I have changed the email address but still no luck, it seems that tlscontact staff used their own email when she submitted her biometrics and documents scanned. this means that i would not be able to track her application to see status. thanks for your reply anyway.

Ola2
My father’s first application got refused & we tried again. TLS website did give me problems initially on how to see 2nd application but it did work out(cannot remember how).
Application date: 9th May 2017
Working days waiting : 151 days
(Probably the longest waiting time now )