ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ext swith to ILR 10years!!!documents with HO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rock27
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ext swith to ILR 10years!!!documents with HO

Post by Rock27 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:14 pm

First of all would like to thank all the members of this forum and experts. I have gained more information from this platform than my solicitor.

I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur 50k extension in oct. I am due ILR in march 2018 on 10 year basis. I want to apply for ILR on 1 day window appointment. I am very confused as how I can request my passport and other documents to the window application. I would need passport,Brp and english qualification to get my ILR approve on the day. My solicitors isnt sure how that will.be requested and he is advising me to switch via postal route. I dont want to wait for postal application as it may take months.

Experts and gurus here please advise me how should i switch to ILR from tier 1 extension and request HO to send my all documents to the window appointment.

Many thanks

natsha
United States of America

Re: Tier 1 ext swith to ILR 10years!!!documents with HO

Post by natsha » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 pm

same Situation someone friend. so he went on the window for ILR 10 YEAR. They ask where your documents he said already pending application so he just gave All 10-year history and Life in UK test.

He got the approval letter ILR and they said him, he needs to withdrawal application and documents request by HO.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:46 pm

You will not get a same day answer. You have to vary your extension to ILR on the day as your documents must be requested to be sent to PCS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Faizlvmt

Post by Faizlvmt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Better wait your ti entrepreneur extension decision then u can go same day I am in situation such nightmare varied in 25th may still waiting for biometric fingerprints more then 6 moths

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for your reply...

Well, what I have researched is that it depends on the case worker on that day. Sometimes they find your documents and issue ILR same day.

I am afraid to apply ILR via post as sometimes they can dalay it and dont want to be stuck for another 6 months.

If I switch my application from t1 extension to ILR 10 year window same day appointment. If my solicitor request my documents to be sent to my new window appointment will that work?

As i have applied in a team and we both hsve spouse applications aswell. How the spouse application will work out?

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:11 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:46 pm
You will not get a same day answer. You have to vary your extension to ILR on the day as your documents must be requested to be sent to PCS
Thanks for your reply. If my solicitor request HO for my documents to be sent to the window same day appointment will that work? As i am thinking to switch my case from tier 1 extension to ILR.
We applied in a team and my partner ILR date is few months after my mine.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm

No as you need to vary your application first before documents are requested to be sent there
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:56 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm
No as you need to vary your application first before documents are requested to be sent there
Thanks again for your informative respone. So if the application for tier 1 extension is varied to ILR same day appointment. I hope the documents will be with the case handler for my window same day appointment. On 10 year legal basis there arent many requirements. In that scenario they should be able to conclude the application same day? Would you agree?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 am

As I repeated several times, your documents will not be at the PSC unless you apply at Sheffield. Therefore you are unlikely to get a same day answer

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 am
As I repeated several times, your documents will not be at the PSC unless you apply at Sheffield. Therefore you are unlikely to get a same day answer
Okay great. There is another way around this scenario that we request HO our documents for Identification purpose. By law they have to provide us with the documentation which needs to be returned in 28 days. In the mean time we can book same day appointment and everything will be self explanatory on the appointment.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Still there will be no same day guarantee. Your application can be held for extra checks even if you have all the documents. This is quite common for people who vary Tier 1E extension to SET(LR)

JL2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by JL2015 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

@Rock27
I am in the similar boat.

I have been waiting for my ILR since July 2016, as my husband has got his ILR in Nov-16 so I now decided to switch my ILR application for FLR (M); My solicitor has said I can’t go to the window service as I don’t have the original documents. I will need to apply by post the enclose a letter to the Home Office stating original docs are with HO etc.

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am
Still there will be no same day guarantee. Your application can be held for extra checks even if you have all the documents. This is quite common for people who vary Tier 1E extension to SET(LR)
Agree with you mate. Nothing can be guranteed when it comes to HO. I feel and its my own opinion doing this way still better then sending via post application as there are more chances of being delayed further. If we have original documents in hand during same day application for 10 year ILR at least we argue decision to be made on the same day as premium fee paid. Its worth trying. Fingers crossed!

Appreciate your help
Last edited by Rock27 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm

JL2015 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm
@Rock27
I am in the similar boat.

I have been waiting for my ILR since July 2016, as my husband has got his ILR in Nov-16 so I now decided to switch my ILR application for FLR (M); My solicitor has said I can’t go to the window service as I don’t have the original documents. I will need to apply by post the enclose a letter to the Home Office stating original docs are with HO etc.
Its quiet shocking reading about it. Its more than 6 months i would suggest going to your local.MP and request a letter to be sent to HO. All the best

JL2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by JL2015 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:59 pm

@Rock27

Thanks

Are you still going to risk it to go for Window service? I am meeting my solicitor to finalise my switching application, I can check with him and let you know.

Rock27
Newly Registered

Post by Rock27 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm

JL2015 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:59 pm
@Rock27

Thanks

Are you still going to risk it to go for Window service? I am meeting my solicitor to finalise my switching application, I can check with him and let you know.

I believe window same day service is better than the postal application. Its worth trying as in some.cases they give decision on the same day.

You can ask your solicitor what he think the best course of action if we have tier 1 extension with HO and 10 years time.line completed and eligible for ILR.

Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience.