ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Additional info requested

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Additional info requested

Post by Kingfisher2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for citizenship on 11th September 2017 as an EU national. On 1st December I received a letter requesting the following additional information and evidence:

1. do you own or rent a house in the UK or abroad
2. do you have any other assets (bank accounts, shares, etc.) in the UK and abroad

Does anyone have the same experience and any idea why this information is required?

Thanks for sharing.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation - Additional info requested

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:20 pm

I am following this forum for nearly 16 months but haven't seen any reference relating to property or bank accounts. The application as such doesn't ask for anything like this in the first place. As a wild guess, maybe they are probing your intention of staying in the UK post-naturalisation (but why?). Maybe someone else here may have come across this before.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm an EU national too and they haven't asked for any such evidence.

In my opinion the request may be due to them having some doubts of your intention to make the UK your home. It is likely that if you own substantial overseas assets they may infer that you do no intend to stay in the UK.

Have you provided them with your application any documents that may cast doubt on your intention tho make the UK your permanent home?

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 pm

I sent that information when I applied precisely to avoid my application delayed with questions like that.
I’d guess you may have employment gaps or aren’t married, etc. They don’t have a full picture of your life.
From what I’ve read, people tend to treat Naturalisation as a residency application, while in fact HO wants proof that you are committed to living here

My advice is to send proof of your living arrangements and bank statements.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 am

HO is entitled to ask for anything they want. I would suggest you provide them with information requested & hopefully it will be fine. They normally decide on or around the last date mentioned in the letter requesting further documents.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:03 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 am
HO is entitled to ask for anything they want. I would suggest you provide them with information requested & hopefully it will be fine. They normally decide on or around the last date mentioned in the letter requesting further documents.
Well, I did send them what they wanted - bank account statements, insurance policy... My friends think that it might be related to the age as I am mid-aged and will not be able to work 35 years altogether before reaching pensionable age. Otherwise, I really am not aware of giving any reason for such questions.. Living here for 11 years and employed all the time.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 pm

If you have provided them the requested information then I am pretty sure you will be fine. Expect your application to be decided around the date mentioned on your letter.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi All, thank you for all your replies. I will let you know once I hear back from HO.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Just saw this and then thought, I'm sure I had to declare that I owned my house, but then realised that this was a question asked during ILR, not citizenship. Maybe it is just a case of missing information which they usually get when people apply for ILR.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:48 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:40 pm
Just saw this and then thought, I'm sure I had to declare that I owned my house, but then realised that this was a question asked during ILR, not citizenship. Maybe it is just a case of missing information which they usually get when people apply for ILR.
I remember sending P60 for last 6 years and recent pay slips when applying for Permanent Residence but no questions regarding houses and assets in any country.

Kingfisher2
Newly Registered

Post by Kingfisher2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi All,
I just wanted to let you know that my application for citizenship was successful. I still have no idea what was the purpose of the questions but I am grateful for your replies and support. As Bruteforce said, they decided on the date mentioned in the letter.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Congratulations. Thanks for updating every one.