ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for Newborn - ILR holder - Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Passport for Newborn - ILR holder - Documents

Post by 1tadmin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:13 pm

I wonder if I could seek some help regarding my newborn's first passport.

I am settled in the UK and hold ILR. Looking at HO's website, if a baby is born in the UK whilst one of the parents hold an ILR (father in this case); baby is a British Citizen by birth and can directly apply for a passport. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Looking at the passport form and guidance notes, I am not clear if I am supposed to send my original passport + BRP or should I send certified copies of the both. Can someone kindly clarify what is the best approach?

- Application Form
- Birth Certificate (Original)
- Marriage certificate of parents. (Certified or Original) ?
- Father's Passport (Certified or Original) ?
- Father's BRP showing ILR (Certified or Original) ?
- Mother's Passport and BRP (Not needed) ??

Thanking you much in advance.

sud315

Re: Passport for Newborn - ILR holder - Documents

Post by sud315 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Congrats on your new born!
I applied about 10 months ago.
Doc of the parent who does not hold ILR is not relevant in these cases.

I don't think I sent the marriage certificate.
Only what the application form had asked I provided. As I remember it was only the application forms, baby passport photos and baby birth certificate.
But later on I got few letters asking this/ that and I had to give my British passport details and ILR letter and all.
So my advice would be to get an application form and fill it as per the guidance and send what is relevant.
If they need anything in addition, they will write to you.
Good luck!

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks sud315, I rather provide the documentation they need in advance rather than waiting for them to ask me for it later. I have travel plans in a couple of months hence don't want to delay for my own laziness. :)

Anyone else with some advice on what to do on the following please?

- Father's Passport (Certified or Original) ?
- Father's BRP showing ILR (Certified or Original) ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am

What documents to send with your application wrote:You must send original documents or official copies of certificates. Photocopies aren’t accepted, even ‘certified copies’.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.