ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by ariskar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 am

orientallion wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm
Dear fellows,

I applied for EEA PR in mid-September 2017,
i was checking my application status regularly and eventually on 8/12/2017 around 13:45 the status changed from awaiting a decision to DECIDED.it made me super relaxed and I made a snapshot, but to be sure once again I tried to check on 9/12/2017 but the link was down kind of strange at once its gone ?..no clue at all…super frustration times..

i am a bit worried what is next ..any suggestions

Many Thanks
Two EEA(PR) cases I know the letters were received 1-2 weeks after decision was made and the PR sticker was printed. I would advise you contacting them if two weeks from status change pass. Good luck!

P.S. My BC (form AN) application was showing reference not recognized 1.5 months after sumbission...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am

orientallion wrote:
Dear fellows,

i was checking my application status regularly and eventually on 8/12/2017 around 13:45 the status changed from awaiting a decision to DECIDED.it made me super relaxed and I made a snapshot, but to be sure once again I tried to check on 9/12/2017 but the link was down kind of strange at once its gone ?..no clue at all…super frustration times..

Many Thanks
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications and not EEA PR or other visa routes. Kindly post in the EEA route sub forum, link below.

eea-route-applications/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

orientallion
BANNED
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by orientallion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

ariskar wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 am
orientallion wrote:
Dear fellows,

Many Thanks
Two EEA(PR) cases I know the letters were received 1-2 weeks after decision was made and the PR sticker was printed. I would advise you contacting them if two weeks from status change pass. Good luck!

P.S. My BC (form AN) application was showing reference not recognized 1.5 months after sumbission...
Thanks fellows,

Thanks for your replies and support,

There were so many mixed experiences of different people actually it depends on case to case i believe online application status check service was an amazing tool and relief for many, well i am quite optimistic about my case.. Only worry is that i want to have my PR before my baby’s birth in 3 months time… and all this struggle is for my little one’s BC.

As you never know what can happen in few years because of Brexit.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am

orientallion wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am
ariskar wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 am
orientallion wrote:
Dear fellows,

Many Thanks

Thanks fellows,

Thanks for your replies and support,

There were so many mixed experiences of different people actually it depends on case to case i believe online application status check service was an amazing tool and relief for many, well i am quite optimistic about my case.. Only worry is that i want to have my PR before my baby’s birth in 3 months time… and all this struggle is for my little one’s BC.

As you never know what can happen in few years because of Brexit.
As long as it gets approved it doesn't matter if the sticker/certificate is issued before or after your baby is born. The PR is valid from your eligibility start time (when you first completed 5 qualifying years in the past). You may need to wait for the certificate to arrive in order to apply for British passport for your child (assuming UK birth). This is the only (slight) inconvenience.

A letter will arrive with your PR mentioning that you held PR since xx/xx/xxxx (could be months or years before you even first applied for PR)

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 am

An update, I called up HO helpline on a separate matter and they mentioned that the online checking service was taken down due to "falling below HO performance standards". I took the opportunity to ask if it will be restored/restarted and they answered "this is being evaluated at the moment".

HO generalities as ususal.

davemcmillan
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by davemcmillan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience following up about a nationality application after 5 months? I know they say you should / can only contact after 6 months, but thought I'd ask anyway. A lot of people seem to have had their decision after only 3 months, and I did move house during my application, so wondering if I can follow up at this point. Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am

davemcmillan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am
Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience following up about a nationality application after 5 months? I know they say you should / can only contact after 6 months, but thought I'd ask anyway. A lot of people seem to have had their decision after only 3 months, and I did move house during my application, so wondering if I can follow up at this point. Cheers
Did you notify HO of the change of address and do a Royal Mail redirection service?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davemcmillan
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by davemcmillan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am
davemcmillan wrote:
Did you notify HO of the change of address and do a Royal Mail redirection service?
Hi Admin, yes I did all of that. So I guess I'm mainly wondering if there is any point in following up after 5 months rather than 6. I've just heard a few horror stories of people phoning after 6 and being told the letter was sent back to receiver after 3 months and no one knew. Will it actually harm my application if I follow up now for eg? Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 am

davemcmillan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am
davemcmillan wrote:
Hi Admin, yes I did all of that. So I guess I'm mainly wondering if there is any point in following up after 5 months rather than 6. I've just heard a few horror stories of people phoning after 6 and being told the letter was sent back to receiver after 3 months and no one knew. Will it actually harm my application if I follow up now for eg? Cheers
It won't harm your application, but HO won't tell you anything until the 6 months mark has passed usually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

So the system is still down !... I wonder if people should start calling them which will annoy CS staff

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone here whose status changed to "Decided" on friday 8th December got letter of approval yet?
Mine was changed to "Decided" too but don't knowif it was due to an error in the system or actually they have decided the application as link is down since then. please advise.
Last edited by power-lost on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am

power-lost wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am
Hi Folks,

Is there anyone here whose status changed to "Decided" on friday 8th December got letter of approval yet?
Mine was changed to "Decided" but don't if it was due to an error in the system or actually they have decided the application as link is down since then. please advise.
Mine was decided on 08th dec too. I called them and asked them when I will recive letter and they told me that "Your case was decided on 04th so you should expect letter by next friday withing 10 working days"

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am

MAS99 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am
power-lost wrote:
Hi Folks,

Mine was changed to "Decided" but don't if it was due to an error in the system or actually they have decided the application as link is down since then. please advise.
Mine was decided on 08th dec too. I called them and asked them when I will recive letter and they told me that "Your case was decided on 04th so you should expect letter by next friday withing 10 working days"
you received no letters yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am

power-lost wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am
MAS99 wrote:
power-lost wrote:
Hi Folks,

The 8th was last Friday. Highly unlikely anyone got a letter so quickly over the past weekend. Perspective.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am
power-lost wrote:
MAS99 wrote:
power-lost wrote:
Hi Folks,

No.. At least 10 working days.. but I am hoping to get them before month-end
The 8th was last Friday. Highly unlikely anyone got a letter so quickly over the past weekend. Perspective.
Some poeple has recieved within 3-5 days..so finger crossed

davemcmillan
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by davemcmillan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

power-lost wrote:
Hi Folks,

Mine was changed to "Decided" too but don't knowif it was due to an error in the system or actually they have decided the application as link is down since then. please advise.
From what I can tell it takes around 10 days to get the letter after it changes to "decided", so I'm sure you'll get it somewhere around the 18th or so.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 am

MAS99 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am
power-lost wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

No.. At least 10 working days.. but I am hoping to get them before month-end
Some poeple has recieved within 3-5 days..so finger crossed
once letter is in the post it should normally reach within 2-3 working days even if it is ordinary post. i rang HO this morning asking why the link is down. they said they haven't got clue only they were told that this option is no longer available and don't know when it will be back to normal.
please keep posting specially when you receive your letter of approval.

mohit1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by mohit1986 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am

what number did you use to call HO ?
my status changed to decided on Friday as well.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am

mohit1986 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am
what number did you use to call HO ?
my status changed to decided on Friday as well.

mohit1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by mohit1986 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:07 pm

thanks a lot

mohit1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by mohit1986 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm

I called up and they said they have discontinued the service as it was not accurate and not always correct. I asked them if they can help me confirm my status which showed Decided on Friday, the lady said she cannot tell as they don't have access to the system and the only thing now is to wait.

Anyone else encountered similar situation ?

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Well, that's just disappointing. They cold have at least put a notice on the website. I cannot wait to never have to deal with these people again.

orientallion
BANNED
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by orientallion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

mohit1986 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm
I called up and they said they have discontinued the service as it was not accurate and not always correct. I asked them if they can help me confirm my status which showed Decided on Friday, the lady said she cannot tell as they don't have access to the system and the only thing now is to wait.

hello mohit1986

I called them and had a similar response just wait and we will write you, and told that it was a trial service so no guarantees .. just wait for our letter and if you don’t get any post in 10 working days you can write us..

That’s for now if someone gets an answer from those who got status DECIDED on last Friday afternoon please update here for Good.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm

orientallion wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm
mohit1986 wrote:

hello mohit1986

I called them and had a similar response just wait and we will write you, and told that it was a trial service so no guarantees .. just wait for our letter and if you don’t get any post in 10 working days you can write us..

That’s for now if someone gets an answer from those who got status DECIDED on last Friday afternoon please update here for Good.
@ orientallion - Can you please refrain from posting in this topic which is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications ONLY and NOT for EEA/EU PR queries, as has already been asked earlier today.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am
orientallion wrote:
Dear fellows,

Many Thanks
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications and not EEA PR or other visa routes. Kindly post in the EEA route sub forum, link below.

eea-route-applications/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm

mohit1986 wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what they told me