ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More info on best way to apply for visa to ireland with moroccan nationality

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Edina
Newly Registered
Belgium

More info on best way to apply for visa to ireland with moroccan nationality

Post by Edina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

I'm a Belgian citizen and have lived for over 6 years in morocco.
Since a year i have a Moroccan boyfriend, we are looking to relocate to Ireland. I can easily find work there in the tech industry.
But i'm not sure to how to let him join me or come together with me the easiest way.
What would you recommend? We are not married, he is an Arabic speaker so he might find a job in a callcenter there.

What options would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

joker
Ireland

Re: More info on best way to apply for visa to ireland with moroccan nationality

Post by joker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 am

Try renting an apartment or laugh house be prepared to drop 2500 a month :oops:

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: More info on best way to apply for visa to ireland with moroccan nationality

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Based on your circumstances by far the best option would be to get married and then move over to Ireland in order to exercise Freedom of Movement Rights. Your partner will get a 5 Year Residence Card.

Fiancé visa would be another option but this would be limited to the amount of time he can stay in ireland.

Another option would be through employment if your partner is a highly skilled professional and the job he does is in demand in Ireland. In this occasion your partner obviously will need to speak an acceptable level of English.

Edina
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by Edina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi @shpirtshqipe,

Thanks for your reply.
But wouldn't you have to be married for a certain amount of time before applying for this kind of visa? Or doesn't that matter?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Edina wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi @shpirtshqipe,

Thanks for your reply.
But wouldn't you have to be married for a certain amount of time before applying for this kind of visa? Or doesn't that matter?
There's no requirement for the length of marriage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Edina
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by Edina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm
Edina wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi @shpirtshqipe,

Thanks for your reply.
There's no requirement for the length of marriage.
Hi shpirtshqipe,
Ok that's great but i think we will keep the marriage for a later time. :D
We actually found out that he falls under the critical skills jobs as an electrical engineer.
But to be able to apply for this visa, he will need to find a job first correct?
Are employers likely to accept foreigners to fill these positions?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Does speak English?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Edina
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by Edina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 pm
Does speak English?
Hi casa,
Yes he speaks English not perfect but very understandable. Mine is a little bit better.

neuron

Post by neuron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Then by far the least painful option is for him to find a job in Ireland with a company that would sponsor him, and then for you guys to move together.