ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport not received after JCAP Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Passport not received after JCAP Ceremony

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am

Hello Members,

Would appreciate some advise on how to resolve this issue regarding my spouse's British passport.

She had applied for Naturalisation via the JCAP route. She attended the ceremony on 23 Nov 2017 and called HMPO today to check status as the passport hasn't come through yet. She was informed that the application was "approved" and has gone for standard checks. Was told to follow-up in 1-2 weeks. Unfortunately, the call agent didn't share any further information about what approval means - does it mean that HMPO has received notification from HO that spouse has attended ceremony, or simply that naturalisation has been approved but yet to attend ceremony?

I wanted to check if anyone has been in this situation in the past, and the best way to resolve?

Many thanks.
Regards,
crowbar6

rdee007
Newly Registered

Re: Passport not received after JCAP Ceremony

Post by rdee007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

Hi,

I am in the same boat, attended the ceremony on the 20th and no Passports yet. HMPO is waiting on confirmation of attendance from HO. I called the council earlier this week and when they checked with UKVI, apparently UKVI had not received the original notification from them, so they had to re-send it (so I assume my clock was reset as of this Monday). I have also written multiple emails to UKVI but no response as yet.

I suggest you follow up with council to start with?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Passport not received after JCAP Ceremony

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

Hello Members,

My spouse received her passport by DX earlier today. Based on the experiences of the members in this forum and the advise provided above, she took the following actions on Thu, 07 Dec.

She shot off emails to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . However, there hasn't been any response till now.

She also tried the council office but they gave her the usual it hasn't been 20 working days since naturalisation ceremony so keep waiting till that time is up. Only then will the council investigate, etc.

Finally, she called up HMPO again on Thu, 07 Dec with an intention to talk to a new call agent and discuss the case from the start. The agent understood the problem and said the status is still the same - HMPO hasn't yet received the go-ahead from HO. However, she agreed to send an urgent internal enquiry to HO to check status on systems about having attended naturalisation ceremony, etc. This seems to have worked as the passports were issued on Fri, 08 Dec and we received them today Mon, 11 Dec.

So if you are stuck in the same boat - try the above ideas. Good luck!
Regards,
crowbar6