ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Replacement BRP visa hasn't arrived and need to travel ASAP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

midnightbloo
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Urgent! Replacement BRP visa hasn't arrived and need to travel ASAP

Post by midnightbloo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me:

I lost my BRP over a month ago, and have since made a police report, reported its loss to the Home Office and applied for a replacement BRP. I've also enrolled my biometrics 3 weeks ago, and am still waiting for my replacement BRP to arrive.

I have to travel urgently to Paris at the end of the week, and have tried booking an appointment for a single-entry/BRP replacement visa but the only available date for me to apply is on the 18th and 19th of December - I am flying back to the UK on the 20th, and know of cases where even the single-entry visa takes a long time to process. Facing my current situation, would it be possible to even board the plane back to the UK from Paris, and get through the border, if I explain my case to the immigration officers and provide them the letters regarding my replacement BRP?

Any advice/stories of past experiences would be much appreciated! Thank you

vinny

Re: Urgent! Replacement BRP visa hasn't arrived and need to travel ASAP

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Before traveling, get a written response from the airline. Also ask a Chief Immigration Officer at the airport of arrival.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

midnightbloo
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by midnightbloo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:58 am

HI Vinny,

How do I request for a written response from the airline? After reading a few other forums posts, I've noticed that a lot of airlines do not allow passengers to board without their BRP, as they are unwilling to take responsibility for flying someone back into the UK without their visa.

Also, do I contact the Chief Immigration Officer at immigration once I arrive in London, or should this be done while I attempt to check in at Paris airport, before my flight?

Thank you very much!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:40 am

Better to make sure before you travel.

If you are able to contact a Chief Immigration Officer at the airport before your departure, then s/he may be able to authorise the airline to allow them fly you back when you return.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

midnightbloo
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by midnightbloo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Since my flight would be at London Luton, I attempted calling the Border Force but they didn't answer my calls. Couldn't even leave a message because apparently their inbox was full.

Guess I'll have to forgo my travel plans and hope the best comes from this situation.

Thanks for all the help!