ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed for EEA applicant and non EEA spouse with permanent residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Ken1234
Hungary

Documents needed for EEA applicant and non EEA spouse with permanent residence

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 am

Hello, I am posting here again after I have received so much help from this forum when we were applying for our permanent residence.

My question is:

As a self-employed EEA member and non EEA husband both with permanent residence do we still need to send:

1. NI contributions covering past 10 years
2. Self Assesment Statement of Account covering past 10 years
3. proof of address covering past 10 years

4. plus listing all absences and work in the last 10 years?

We had to do that all when applying for permanent residence less than a year ago...

Maybe I am wrong but I thought IF we have permanent residence we only have to send documents covering the time period between receiving the permanent residence status and applying for naturalisation.

Sorry if it is obvious but want to save myself the time and hassle.. ;)

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Ken1234
Hungary

Can we apply if permanent residence was given April 17 but date deemed to have acquired PR is in April 2016?

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 am

I have a DCPR as an EEA member and non-EEA husband has the biometric residence card (not sure if it makes a difference).

We applied together, given PR in April 2017 but deemed to have acquired PR is in April 2016.

Just want to confirm whether we can we BOTH apply now?

So was my husband free from immigration restrictions since April 2017 or from April 2016? As his 5 year visa was expired for a few years before applying for permanent residence but he was my husband and I was exercising treaty rights etc .. so now I am a bit confused....

If he sends as evidence his passport, permanent residence card and the letter saying he acquired the PR status 1 year before the card was issued... does that prove he was free from immigration restrictions in the last 12 months?

(The guide says:

Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain
permanently in the UK

• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence that you
were not in the UK without permission between exhausting your appeal rights
and being granted indefinite leave to remain.
• Evidence of being freely landed, if you did not receive specific permission
because you were freely landed as a Commonwealth citizen before 1971...)

I hope my question is clear.
Thank you very much.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents needed for EEA applicant and non EEA spouse with permanent residence

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 pm

AN application is not an extension of the PR process (totally different bases in law, different directorates, etc). Don't rely on what they should know, provide all details going back 5/10 years from date of application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ken1234
Hungary

Re: Documents needed for EEA applicant and non EEA spouse with permanent residence

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Ok thank you, what about my other question do you think we can apply now based on the info I had posted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

If both of you have 'attained/acquired' PR in April 2016, then both can apply for citizenship, provide you both meet the standard requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.