ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Guys

Just changed the tactics.. Instead of asking for status update. tell them that your case was decided and you still haven't received the letter. Then they will tell you when the case was decided and when the letter was posted.

If you ask them for status update, they know that you don't know about case decision yet. But if you tell them you know about the decsion, they would just give you all details :)

Happy calling

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 am
davemcmillan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am
davemcmillan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am
Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience following up about a nationality application after 5 months? I know they say you should / can only contact after 6 months, but thought I'd ask anyway. A lot of people seem to have had their decision after only 3 months, and I did move house during my application, so wondering if I can follow up at this point. Cheers
Did you notify HO of the change of address and do a Royal Mail redirection service?
Hi Admin, yes I did all of that. So I guess I'm mainly wondering if there is any point in following up after 5 months rather than 6. I've just heard a few horror stories of people phoning after 6 and being told the letter was sent back to receiver after 3 months and no one knew. Will it actually harm my application if I follow up now for eg? Cheers
It won't harm your application, but HO won't tell you anything until the 6 months mark has passed usually.
Hi

Is the 6 months from date of submission or date of acknowledgement? I submitted my application on 12 July and got acknowledgement letter dated 18 July. Now that tracking has been taken off just have to wait and hope for the best but failing that when is the earliest that I can call is it the 13 January or 19 January? Although just 7 days but appear huge when the full 6 month wait is taken into account!

Thank you

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Acknowledgment date

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm
Acknowledgment date
Thank you Mass - your posts have been really helpful. With every passing day it appears less and less likely that application will be decided anytime soon :( I just called them and they said it is 6 months from date payment was taken from your account so 19 July in my case.

Never been so anxious!!!

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm
Guys

Just changed the tactics.. Instead of asking for status update. tell them that your case was decided and you still haven't received the letter. Then they will tell you when the case was decided and when the letter was posted.

If you ask them for status update, they know that you don't know about case decision yet. But if you tell them you know about the decsion, they would just give you all details :)

Happy calling
That’s exactly what I did and they said they used the same system to check the date of the decision so since it’s been taken down she can’t see that information and I have to wait for the letter or till 6 months have passed and then it’s delt by different team who had acess to different system.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm

I just called them and they literally told me that the decision was made on 4th dec and letter will be posted in next 10 working days.. They can't give information on decision itself

BTW - when you go through options e,g 1 for nationality, 2 for this, 3 for this etc.. I always took 4 which is for anything else..

This will connect you to someone who is not specifically sitting in call centre but in back office. They have more time and resources
Thanks

akz

Post by akz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm
I just called them and they literally told me that the decision was made on 4th dec and letter will be posted in next 10 working days.. They can't give information on decision itself

BTW - when you go through options e,g 1 for nationality, 2 for this, 3 for this etc.. I always took 4 which is for anything else..

This will connect you to someone who is not specifically sitting in call centre but in back office. They have more time and resources
Thanks
what number you have used to contact HO?
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Ibiyemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibiyemi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm

mo_1 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm
navinw wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:15 pm
Ibiyemi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:04 pm
Ibiyemi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am
My application was on 14th Febuary, 2017, biometrics done 2weeks after. My status was last updated 25th of June and is still saying 'awaiting decision'. Hopefully that will change soon because am worried sick. Its more than 8months & am Keeping my finger crossed. Thanks
are you able to see your status online with date reference? that's so long that I can't wait that much I don't know what I am gonna do to myself if I waited more than 3 month :( hope you will hear soon bro
It will be 10months next week. Still awaiting dexiaon as stated on line. Am gettting fustrated......

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:34 pm

MAS99 wrote:

Thanks

The thing is that you called them on Friday when the system was still working. I might try tomorrow and use the “other” options.

Nzshay

Post by Nzshay » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi team,

I know the issues with the online checker, and that it has been taken down for that reason. I have a dilemma though. My application said decided on the 28th of November, and was pretty consistent over the application time frame. The application is a family of 5, and the tracking number was attached to my application only. However I am yet to receive any documents from the Home Office or from our council. Do I contact the HO to find out what is going on? If so when, and how should I contact them, phone or email? Any advice much appreciated.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

bmstein wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:34 pm
MAS99 wrote:

Thanks

The thing is that you called them on Friday when the system was still working. I might try tomorrow and use the “other” options.
I contacted them today around 3pm.. I am going to call them everyday :) and my council too :)

Rushy
Newly Registered

Post by Rushy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:13 pm

It says page not found for me too. Checked Fri morning awaiting decision. I applied 19 July 2017. Should I call them?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Unless you know it is decided or your case is decided,, there is no point in calling them before 6 month. They will never give you any real update

Try emailing then and ask them if your case has been forwarded to any case.. then you can have some idea.

Sufyan2090
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Sufyan2090 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 am

Hi guys i have applied by post so do i still have the chance to apply for passport and if so how then ??
Thanks guys

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

Sufyan2090 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 am
Hi guys i have applied by post so do i still have the chance to apply for passport and if so how then ??
Thanks guys
The only time is JCAP at NCS. If you sent off already them you have to wait to approved first.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 am

akz wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm
MAS99 wrote:

Thanks
So I called them again following your number option advice and I got an INFORMATION out of them (shocker) that my decision was posted on the 6th. So relieved it was a true “decided” and not a glitch cuz they shutting down the service.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm

bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 am
akz wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

Thanks
So I called them again following your number option advice and I got an INFORMATION out of them (shocker) that my decision was posted on the 6th. So relieved it was a true “decided” and not a glitch cuz they shutting down the service.
One thing, I can't get my head around. when they send acknowledgement letter it reaches us in two days. like my acknowledgement letter dated 12 october was received on 14th. i rang them up this morning using option 4 they didn't disclose any information. same old reply.

orientallion
BANNED
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by orientallion » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:27 pm

power-lost wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm
bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 am
akz wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

Thanks
One thing, I can't get my head around. when they send acknowledgement letter it reaches us in two days. like my acknowledgement letter dated 12 october was received on 14th. i rang them up this morning using option 4 they didn't disclose any information. same old reply.
[/qu

Hi guys which number you calling at ? please advice

mine one was also Decided on friday,

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:31 pm

orientallion wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hi guys which number you calling at ? please advice

mine one was also Decided on friday,

Many Thanks
I have repetitively asked to please refrain from posting in this BRITISH CITIZENSHIP ONLY topic. Please desist from posting in this topic regarding you PR application.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm
orientallion wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm
mohit1986 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm
I called up and they said they have discontinued the service as it was not accurate and not always correct. I asked them if they can help me confirm my status which showed Decided on Friday, the lady said she cannot tell as they don't have access to the system and the only thing now is to wait.

Anyone else encountered similar situation ?
hello mohit1986

I called them and had a similar response just wait and we will write you, and told that it was a trial service so no guarantees .. just wait for our letter and if you don’t get any post in 10 working days you can write us..

That’s for now if someone gets an answer from those who got status DECIDED on last Friday afternoon please update here for Good.
@ orientallion - Can you please refrain from posting in this topic which is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications ONLY and NOT for EEA/EU PR queries, as has already been asked earlier today.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am
orientallion wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm
Dear fellows,

I applied for EEA PR in mid-September 2017,
i was checking my application status regularly and eventually on 8/12/2017 around 13:45 the status changed from awaiting a decision to DECIDED.it made me super relaxed and I made a snapshot, but to be sure once again I tried to check on 9/12/2017 but the link was down kind of strange at once its gone ?..no clue at all…super frustration times..

i am a bit worried what is next ..any suggestions

Many Thanks
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications and not EEA PR or other visa routes. Kindly post in the EEA route sub forum, link below.

eea-route-applications/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Guys

Sent an email in the morning asking what was the outcome of my case .

just got an reply

"Your application was authorized on the Xth December. "

What does that mean ? Does it mean it was granted ?

Thanks

@CR001 ??
M

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:00 pm

hi can you send me E-mail address where you send them e amil.
thank you

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm
Hi Guys

just got an reply

Thanks

@CR001 ??
M
That's a tough one, very open to interpretation I'm afraid. Is the date of the "authorization" same as your Decided status?
Im curious which e-mail address did you use to get such a (useless) but quick reply. All e-mails I've used were simply ignored or just got an generic reply days later.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm

KH1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:00 pm
hi can you send me E-mail address where you send them e amil.
thank you
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 pm

bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm
Hi Guys

just got an reply

Thanks

@CR001 ??
M
That's a tough one, very open to interpretation I'm afraid. Is the date of the "authorization" same as your Decided status?
Im curious which e-mail address did you use to get such a (useless) but quick reply. All e-mails I've used were simply ignored or just got an generic reply days later.
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

British Citizenship

Post by kb8551 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for my British citizenship on 12th of August 2017 through NCS (10 years long residence + 1 year ILR). The status was "awaiting decision" on the online link until Friday, 8th December, when the link stopped working but I've been told that the link was not 100% correct. On top of this, I have recently changed home address and although Home Office acknowledged the change, I'm worried they may send their letters to the wrong address.I am not able to get any information from UKVI/HO on the phone (whether they've sent anything out or made their decision) as they keep saying they have no access to my application. Is there any other way I could get some information from them? Do you guys have an email address or telephone number I could write to or call to get an update? It's been more than 4 months now and It usually takes about 2-3 months for HO to make a decision
on straight forward case like mine.

Thanks very much for your help in advance everyone!!!