ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

balanair
Newly Registered

Surrender Indian passport

Post by balanair » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 pm

I got my British passport in aug2016.... but I haven’t surrendered my Indian passport till date.
I am planing to travel back India on tourist visa and going to use my BP.
I just want to get suggestions if it will be ok and I won’t have any troubles

settledintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Surrender Indian passport

Post by settledintheuk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Do you know that having two passport is illegal. Where have you been?
"The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian Passport / acquiring Indian Passport / travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties."

"Under the Indian law, Persons of Indian Origin who have acquired foreign Nationality are required to surrender their Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship."

If you travel with your Indian passport and if they find it out then be ready to face the music. Carry plenty of cash to bribe those assholes at immigration. If you are landing at Mumbai then good luck. Those c***suckers are waiting for "Murgas" like you to make extras. Same at Delhi. You may get away at Bangalore.

Moral of story is surrender it ASAP and avoid all troubles. You don't want to mess with these Indian bloodsuckers. They will make your life hell. Have been there seen that. My personal experience.

Here is the link if you feel too lazy to Google....

http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Surrender.html

tmonaghan
Mood:

Re: Surrender Indian passport

Post by tmonaghan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955? Who do they think they are? Surrender your Indian Passport and be proud to be a British Citizen...