ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child british citizenship/MN1/EEA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boxxak
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Child british citizenship/MN1/EEA

Post by boxxak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 am

Hello,

Is anyboddy here who could help with this.
We are EEA citizens. We would like to apply for british citizenship for our daughter through form mn1. What isn't clear: do I have to make status permanent resident? I just became settled automatically but have no PR card.

Logically I could send my P60 with application where is clear I'm here for 5 years working.

I found some information that I could do it, than I could not. Please tell me what is true. In application was written:

he or she has been granted indefinite leave in the United Kingdom, or
he or she has been exercising EEA free movement rights in the United
Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006.

What kind of proof they take? I would like to avoid application PR as it is another 6 months of waiting. Thank you

twgal

Re: Child british citizenship/MN1/EEA

Post by twgal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:34 am

Where and when (which year) was your daughter born, and what was the parents' (yours and your wife's) immigration status at the time of her birth?

boxxak
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Child british citizenship/MN1/EEA

Post by boxxak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Daughter was born in the UK, 2017, 2 months before I reached 5 years in the UK. So I wasn't settled and she will not get british citizenship automatically . Now I'm 5 years working in the UK and can prove it by p45,p60. Daughter is 2 month old, her Czech citizenship is on the way, just hesitating with british as I'm not sure if first step should be PR for me. Wife is 3 years in the UK and EEA nationality like me.