ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Himaloy2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:47 pm

aliraza_23 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
dylan_far wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 am
Hey everyone!

Just an update for you all...

We got a reply to our FLR (FP) application from August 31st 2016. We received a decision around October time this year and it was a refusal.

Luckily, as there was a recent court ruling on in-country appeals, we have the right to appeal within the UK and have instructed a solicitor. We had a date for the hearing and it's been adjourned, so hopefully, we should get a new date for around January time where we can put our case to a judge who will rule in our favour.

The case is pretty watertight, so hopefully, it shouldn't be a problem getting a judge to see reason.
Unluckily after waiting almost 1 year and 2 months got a refusal, they accept family life but raise an issue about TOEIC which doesn't make sense if you have a family life so same got the right of appeal and have 14 days so hopefully we will get the date soon for hearing.

if anyone wants to suggest anything please do let me know. Thanks!

Good luck all of you.
Don’t worry u will get it human rights in appeals.i got psw refused false representation (2008).since over stayer make new application flr fp basis of 2 British child 17th January.waiting for decision.

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm

aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

We got a reply to our FLR (FP) application from August 31st 2016. We received a decision around October time this year and it was a refusal.

Luckily, as there was a recent court ruling on in-country appeals, we have the right to appeal within the UK and have instructed a solicitor. We had a date for the hearing and it's been adjourned, so hopefully, we should get a new date for around January time where we can put our case to a judge who will rule in our favour.

The case is pretty watertight, so hopefully, it shouldn't be a problem getting a judge to see reason.
Unluckily after waiting almost 1 year and 2 months got a refusal, they accept family life but raise an issue about TOEIC which doesn't make sense if you have a family life so same got the right of appeal and have 14 days so hopefully we will get the date soon for hearing.

Good luck all of you.
So sorry about your refusal, you have a strong claim when you go to court. Was just wondering is TOEIC part of flr(fp) requirement, why did you include it in your application in first place ?

dylan_far
Thailand

Post by dylan_far » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 pm

doctorsholly wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm
aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.
So sorry about your refusal, you have a strong claim when you go to court. Was just wondering is TOEIC part of flr(fp) requirement, why did you include it in your application in first place ?
From what I could tell when I was filling out our application over a year ago, the English language requirement only comes in if you are applying under the 5 year Family route, and not the 10 year private/family life route. If I remember correctly we applied under "Leave outside the Rules on the basis of family or private life". If you look on the application form I'm sure it says to only fill in the English language section if you are applying under a particular heading.

dylan_far
Thailand

Post by dylan_far » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm

aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.

I'd say at this stage it's now for you to show insurmountable obstacles that would stop you living in your partner's country of origin. Bear in mind though that the bar is set extremely high for insurmountable obstacles and the HO are under the impression that continuing a marriage via Skype is an option... At appeal, I'd say any reasonable judge should disagree with that.

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm

dylan_far wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm
aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.

I'd say at this stage it's now for you to show insurmountable obstacles that would stop you living in your partner's country of origin. Bear in mind though that the bar is set extremely high for insurmountable obstacles and the HO are under the impression that continuing a marriage via Skype is an option... At appeal, I'd say any reasonable judge should disagree with that.
He has a British spouse and child so EX1 should have applied to him and he should’nt
be required to prove insurmountable obstercle anymore, it’s just a matter of reasonability; if it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the country. I’m just about puzzled about the TOEIC refusal for an flr(fp) 10 year route

Jay900
Mexico

Post by Jay900 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 pm

aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.
After 14 months
This is sad and ridiculous

aliraza_23

Post by aliraza_23 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am

doctorsholly wrote:
aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.
It was not the part of requirement even I didnt submit for this application they just refused because i used a toeic certificate in my previous application in 2012.

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 am

aliraza_23 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am
doctorsholly wrote:
aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck all of you.
It was not the part of requirement even I didnt submit for this application they just refused because i used a toeic certificate in my previous application in 2012.
That is just so cruel, so they refused the application on a document that had been submitted long ago, I know it’s in the law that they can do that; if they find out that deception or bad document was used previously, but it seem to me that they were just looking for something to refuse the application and they had to dig deep, maybe why it took that long to make a decision smh

Did they refuse the previous 2012 application bcos of the TOEIC or is this the first time they mentioned it ?

aliraza_23

Post by aliraza_23 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm

doctorsholly wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 am
aliraza_23 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am
doctorsholly wrote:
aliraza_23 wrote:

Good luck all of you.
So sorry about your refusal, you have a strong claim when you go to court. Was just wondering is TOEIC part of flr(fp) requirement, why did you include it in your application in the first place?
It was not the part of requirement even I didn't submit for this application they just refused because i used a toeic certificate in my previous application in 2012.
That is just so cruel, so they refused the application on a document that had been submitted long ago, I know it’s in the law that they can do that; if they find out that deception or bad document was used previously, but it seems to me that they were just looking for something to refuse the application and they had to dig deep, maybe why it took that long to make a decision smh

Did they refuse the previous 2012 application bcos of the TOEIC or is this the first time they mentioned it?
This is the first time although they accepted relation is genuine and family life as well but just they have raised an issue about toeic and given right of appeal within 14 days..

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm

How much appeal fee? Thanks

Kmkhaled

Post by Kmkhaled » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Nakapiripit wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Kmkhaled wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am
Nakapiripit wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 pm
I applied 31 March 2017 as parent of British child
The home office have now (december) returned my daughters passport to the solicitor. Does this mean my decision is coming soon??? Any one had this experience?
Only your daughter passport they returns? Should be some kind of letter they sent with they passport. Unless u asked for her passport return otherwise ukvi normally gave documents back after made decision. Best wishes from me...hop u get ur visa... let us know da update...
The solicitor said there was a letter saying they’re still dealing with the case I’m really worried
What's ur update....any luck ? Let us know... reason of ur daughter passport returns? Have u find out why they return ur daughter passport...?

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Himaloy2 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm
Hi, I applied for FLR FP British child and British partner living in Mexico we returned a year ago cause my partner was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I applied in July 2017 and back in November they refused my application due to my tourist status and they said I had no insurmountable obstacles which I totally have anyway I’m going through an appeal and the appeal fee was £140 court fee obviously solicitor and barrister is at an extra fee !!

mister123

Post by mister123 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 pm
Himaloy2 wrote:
Hi, I applied for FLR FP British child and British partner living in Mexico we returned a year ago cause my partner was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I applied in July 2017 and back in November they refused my application due to my tourist status and they said I had no insurmountable obstacles which I totally have anyway I’m going through an appeal and the appeal fee was £140 court fee obviously solicitor and barrister is at an extra fee !!
i applied on 3rd may 2017 flr fp british wife and british child, im on tourist visa as well. If they are rejecting application due to tourist status i should have received my refusal long time ago then even before you.but why until now i haven't heard anything from them.almost 8 months.just prolonging the agony.anyway best of luck on your appeal.hopefully it goes well and hoping for fast recovery of your partner.

dylan_far
Thailand

Post by dylan_far » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Another update for you all...

We got a new date in for the appeal hearing, and it's in April. So it's off to the solicitor on Friday to look at our options, as April just isn't workable for us at all for a variety of reasons. I can already hear you all screaming at your screens "you've waited this long, get on with it!" but depending on what we decide regarding the hearing, I'll of course post an update 8)

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 am

mister123 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 pm
Amelia4784 wrote:
Himaloy2 wrote:
i applied on 3rd may 2017 flr fp british wife and british child, im on tourist visa as well. If they are rejecting application due to tourist status i should have received my refusal long time ago then even before you.but why until now i haven't heard anything from them.almost 8 months.just prolonging the agony.anyway best of luck on your appeal.hopefully it goes well and hoping for fast recovery of your partner.

I thought it was going to be quite a long wait after reading this thread but surprisely it was rather quick 3.5 months unfourtunate outcome though my partner is disabled now I obviously look after him and our 8 year old and I was quite shocked when HO said well the extended family can look after them when in our case that could not be the scenario he receives medical treatment here that in Mexico is not available anyway I keep you posted I’ve recently read another post from an American lady that was refused due to the tourist visa I mean I do know we shouldn’t apply from here under the tourist visa but sometimes it is the only way. Hopefully your application is with someone with a different perspective, my solicitor though is quite confident that it’ll be ok in appealing. Good luck! Let’s just enjoy the festive season and let’s hope the nightmare will end up soon.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 am

Amelia4784 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 am
mister123 wrote:
Amelia4784 wrote:
Himaloy2 wrote:

I thought it was going to be quite a long wait after reading this thread but surprisely it was rather quick 3.5 months unfourtunate outcome though my partner is disabled now I obviously look after him and our 8 year old and I was quite shocked when HO said well the extended family can look after them when in our case that could not be the scenario he receives medical treatment here that in Mexico is not available anyway I keep you posted I’ve recently read another post from an American lady that was refused due to the tourist visa I mean I do know we shouldn’t apply from here under the tourist visa but sometimes it is the only way. Hopefully your application is with someone with a different perspective, my solicitor though is quite confident that it’ll be ok in appealing. Good luck! Let’s just enjoy the festive season and let’s hope the nightmare will end up soon.
If you dont mind, what exactly HO write in the refusal letter regarding tourist/visit visa?

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:15 pm

mister123 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 am
Amelia4784 wrote:
mister123 wrote:
Amelia4784 wrote:

If you dont mind, what exactly HO write in the refusal letter regarding tourist/visit visa?

Hi, all in all 6 pages it states that my claim was
Made under the human rights it was refused.
Because at the time of the application I was under a tourist visa and that I knew no legal exceptions were applicable to me, that they considered there were no excepcional circumstances therefore my disabled partner and my 8 year old could be looked after by the extended family and I could maintain myself in mexico and whilst aplying for a proper visa keep in contact through modern comunication. Short version of course they’ve sent me 6 pages but these are the highlights.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:15 pm
mister123 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 am
Amelia4784 wrote:
mister123 wrote:

Hi, all in all 6 pages it states that my claim was
Made under the human rights it was refused.
Because at the time of the application I was under a tourist visa and that I knew no legal exceptions were applicable to me, that they considered there were no excepcional circumstances therefore my disabled partner and my 8 year old could be looked after by the extended family and I could maintain myself in mexico and whilst aplying for a proper visa keep in contact through modern comunication. Short version of course they’ve sent me 6 pages but these are the highlights.
Thanks a lot. Atleast now i can prepare myself for worst case scenario and be ready for next possible action. I keep telling myself now "expect for the worst and just hope for the best"

corasson

Post by corasson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 am

1) Myself and 2 dependants
Application flr (fp):1st and last extension postal
Application sent: 17/05/17
Acknowledgement letter: 3/06/17
Biometric letter received: 25/08/17
Application enquiry: 29/11/17
Decision: granted
Documents returned: 14/12/17
Biometric returned: 14/12/17

2) Hubby flr (fp): 1st and last extension postal
Application sent: 27/05/17
Acknowledgement letter: 29/06/17
Biometric letter received: 29/06/17
Part of the application form sent back for him to feel it properly: 5/09:17
More documents requested: 05/11/17
Docs returned: 14/12/17

Thank you Jesus.
So guys keep holdings tight. The amount of stress is real. Coming here everyday to read everyone timeline kept me going.
That is our Christmas present.
Good luck for those still waiting.

sulimu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sulimu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 am

aliraza_23 wrote:
dylan_far wrote:
Hey everyone!

Unluckily after waiting almost 1 year and 2 months got a refusal, they accept family life but raise an issue about TOEIC which doesn't make sense if you have a family life so same got the right of appeal and have 14 days so hopefully we will get the date

I recived a email from my solictor may be this will help u

Who Can Benefit:

1. All cases refused by the Home Office for relying on TOEIC

2. All cases where deception was alleged by the Home Office they may rely on the reasoning enunciated in this judgement.

3. Any one who has issues relating to Human Rights can make an unpaid application for leave to remain the UK. It is not a statutory requirement to pay for the Home Office fees in such cases.

4. It is to be explored that applicants removed from the UK due to TOEIC result should be reconsidered by the Home Office

Please contact us if you know anyone who has been a victim of TOEIC

By a unanimous decision, the Court of Appeal has allowed the appeal in Ahsan v The Secretary of State for the Home Department [2017] EWCA Civ 2009.

The background to the four appeals before the court can be summarised, in bare outline, as follows. The Immigration Rules require applicants for leave to remain in some circumstances to pass a test of proficiency in written and spoken English. The principal form of approved test is the "Test of English for International Communication" ("TOEIC") provided by a US business called Educational Testing Service ("ETS"). ETS's TOEIC tests have been available at a large number of test centres in Britain. The spoken English part of the test involves the candidate being recorded reading a text, with the recording then being sent to an ETS assessor for marking.

In February 2014 the BBC Panorama programme revealed that there was widespread cheating at a number of centres, in particular – though not only – by the use of proxies to take the spoken English part of the test. In response to the scandal, ETS at the request of the Home Office employed voice recognition software to go back over the recordings at the centres in question and try to identify cases in which it appeared that the same person had spoken in multiple tests and could thus be assumed to be a professional proxy. In reliance on ETS's findings the Secretary of State in 2014 and 2015 made decisions in over 40,000 cases cancelling or refusing leave to remain for persons who were said to have obtained leave on the basis of cheating in the TOEIC test.

All four Appellants, including our client, were the subject of decisions taken by the Secretary of State on the basis (or, in one case, partly on the basis) that they had cheated in TOEIC tests. All of them denied that allegation.
The primary question raised by these appeals was whether they could challenge the Secretary of State's decision (whether by judicial review or appeal) from within the UK or whether they can only do so by an appeal brought after they have left the country – a so-called "out-of-country appeal".

By a unanimous decision by the Court of Appeal bench, the appeal was allowed.

The Court of Appeal has also held that in the case, a certification of a human rights claim should be quashed, and the person should be allowed to appeal from within the United Kingdom.

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:03 am

1st and 2nd December couple of friends application decided.whats ur determination please share with us .its helping us thanks.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 am

corasson wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 am

Thank you Jesus.
So guys keep holdings tight. The amount of stress is real. Coming here everyday to read everyone timeline kept me going.
Congrats!!!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 am

Update: MP letter from House of Commons received. Details included the history of my husband's application history. The case is still under consideration and UKVI wishes to assure us that they are working on it.

MP wishes us the best and nothing can be done but has said he will chase up again in 3 months if a decision has not been made.

In 3 months further proof of cohabitation, private life can be submitted. I really wish we made the decision for him to return and come back on Spousal last year - will be entering the 17th-month wait time. Life goes on, God is with Us all!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Matee2
Newly Registered

Post by Matee2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 pm

corasson wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 am

Thank you Jesus.
Congrats!!! I applied in the same month hoping to hear some goodnews soon !!!

Samirriyad05
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Samirriyad05 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Hello .I apply nearly the same time as you on 19th may hopefully hear good news soon .congratulation