ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card Lottery 2019

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EEA National
Bulgaria

Green Card Lottery 2019

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Hello
As the new lottery is approaching (3rd of October, 17 pm)
I did my photos today. I am applying on the grounds of my Bulgarian this will be the second time I am entering the lottery
Is anyone here had more experience with entering Green Card Lottery?Anyone been successful?
Will dual citizenship be an obstacle as I don't visit my home country very often?
Good luck to anyone

Jew70
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Green Card Lottery 2019

Post by Jew70 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm

How can I apply?? Send me link please

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Official site to enter lottery
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/application.aspx

Official site to check entry AFTER 01.05.2018
www.dvlottery.state.gov

Official instructions for lottery
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/ ... tions.html

Official site for photo requirements
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/e ... -page.html

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Jew70 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm
What country are you from if I may ask?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:42 pm

EEA National wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 pm
Jew70 wrote:
Profile flag indicates Bangladesh but user posting from what appears to be a UK provider IP address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:42 pm
EEA National wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 pm
Jew70 wrote:
Profile flag indicates Bangladesh but user posting from what appears to be a UK provider IP address.
Thank you CR001
I am only asking because obviously not all countries are eligible, although they may be exceptions.
Bangladesh seems to be not eligible for the Green Card Lottery.
However the web link for registration isn't active yet.
We have to wait till Wednesday, after 5 pm

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am

For anyone unaware the website for registration experienced problems and the lottery will be restarted. Anyone applied before 18th of October will be notified via email to fill application again as all applications so far become invalid.
Below is the official information
Did you submit a U.S. Diversity Visa application already this year?
Due to technical issues, the registration period for DV-2019 is being restarted, and all entries made prior to October 18, 2017, will need to be resubmitted. We regret this inconvenience but in order to ensure fairness and protect the integrity of the process we must restart the entry process for this year (DV-2019). The new registration period for DV-2019 opens for electronic entries at noon, Eastern Daylight Time, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, and closes at noon, Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday, November 22, 2017. If you submitted a DV entry before Wednesday, October 18, 2017, that entry will not be considered, and you will need to submit another entry during the new registration period. You may submit one new entry without being disqualified for submitting multiple entries. Individuals who submit more than one entry during the new registration period will be disqualified.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm

EEA National wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 pm
Hello
I did my photos today. I am applying on the grounds of my Bulgarian this will be the second time I am entering the lottery
Is anyone here had more experience with entering Green Card Lottery?Anyone been successful?
Will dual citizenship be an obstacle as I don't visit my home country very often?
Good luck to anyone
When you say "grounds of my Bulgarian" , what do you mean?
Check out the links that EEA NATIONAL has sent in previous posts and confirm that Bulgaria is eligible. I'm sure it is and you should apply on the site.

yes, i'm a winner from previous draws; and you can apply multiple times in your lifetime, but for each year, you should only apply once. If you apply more than once for a given year, you will be disqualified.

Good luck.
sean

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

seanjoe wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm
EEA National wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 pm
Hello
Good luck to anyone
When you say "grounds of my Bulgarian" , what do you mean?
Check out the links that EEA NATIONAL has sent in previous posts and confirm that Bulgaria is eligible. I'm sure it is and you should apply on the site.

yes, i'm a winner from previous draws; and you can apply multiple times in your lifetime, but for each year, you should only apply once. If you apply more than once for a given year, you will be disqualified.

Good luck.
Thank you seanjoe

I meant my bulgarian citizenship, I was born there. Silly me I didn't finish the sentence
And thank you I will defenitely check the links, after all I post them!:)

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:01 am

I have applied for GC Lottery 7 times unsuccessfully (including this year) on the basis of Spouse EU citizen. Yes Dual nationals can apply on the basis of their country of birth I suppose.
I have met 3 persons (all of them Nepal students in USA) who cleared Diversity Visa Lottery. It helps if one is already in the USA-then it is simple change of status of Visa - from F-1 to Green Card.
I am not very convinced about the future of this program as every year they say that this is the last year it is happening.

Statistics is usually old-I wonder why they have stopped updating the list of number of applicants who were successful from each country after DV 2015. Atleast 3 years data is missing.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... stics.html