ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT - Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
France

EEA FAMILY PERMIT - Help

Post by Elizabeths03 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some advice in relation to the EEA Family Permit Application.

I am French living in the UK and my soon to be Husband is Nigerian. We are thinking of applying for the permit straight after the wedding but I have some questions:

1- Will it be risky applying straight after the wedding?

2- Does he need to do a TB test. It's not part of the required documents but I see some people submitting it on this forum.

3- He is self-employed but I am the one who will be sponsoring the whole thing, does he still need to provide his business documents like tax returns, incorporation documents etc...

4- Which documents submitted need to be ORIGINALS?

Any overall general advice anyone has would be appreciated.

Thank You

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT - Help

Post by dan1988uk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm

1. Even if there isn’t any requirement in terms of time after the wedding, there is a court judgment which says that a marriage can be considered of convenience even if the couple is real if it has been celebrated only for the purposes to bypass UK immigration laws.

2. I always suggest to have the TB test done, my wife did as well, it’s quick and not so expensive.

3. You are the sponsor, you need to show them that you are a qualified person in the UK and have a proper accommodation. They don’t care about non EEA spouse’s income.

4. With the new procedures from some countries all the documents will be scanned and sent to Sheffield, all the documents must be A4 format, we recently applied for my wife’s daughter FP and we provided originals of marriage certificate and birth certificates, my ID was a certified true copy, then we had pictures, bills, tenancy agreement, all was scanned and sent to Sheffield.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Ohh... You will have to prove that your relationship is genuine. Where is he now? If he lives in Europe than he won`t have to have a TB test.
As to when to apply, it would be strange if you didn`t straightaway. The main thing is to convince the HO that you are really a couple.
Marriage certificate - original, translated and certified;
His passport - original;
Papers showing your financial standing and accommodation (as you are a sponsor) - originals;

Best of luck and be happy! :)

P.S. There must be something else, I just can`t remember.

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
France

Post by Elizabeths03 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm
1. Even if there isn’t any requirement in terms of time after the wedding, there is a court judgment which says that a marriage can be considered of convenience even if the couple is real if it has been celebrated only for the purposes to bypass UK immigration laws.

2. I always suggest to have the TB test done, my wife did as well, it’s quick and not so expensive.

3. You are the sponsor, you need to show them that you are a qualified person in the UK and have a proper accommodation. They don’t care about non EEA spouse’s income.

4. With the new procedures from some countries all the documents will be scanned and sent to Sheffield, all the documents must be A4 format, we recently applied for my wife’s daughter FP and we provided originals of marriage certificate and birth certificates, my ID was a certified true copy, then we had pictures, bills, tenancy agreement, all was scanned and sent to Sheffield.
Thank You very much for your response

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
France

Post by Elizabeths03 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 pm

NatCam wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:39 pm
Ohh... You will have to prove that your relationship is genuine. Where is he now? If he lives in Europe than he won`t have to have a TB test.
As to when to apply, it would be strange if you didn`t straightaway. The main thing is to convince the HO that you are really a couple.
Marriage certificate - original, translated and certified;
His passport - original;
Papers showing your financial standing and accommodation (as you are a sponsor) - originals;

Best of luck and be happy! :)

P.S. There must be something else, I just can`t remember.
Duly Noted!!! Thank You

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Elizabeths03 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:28 pm
Hi everyone,

I need some advice in relation to the EEA Family Permit Application.

I am French living in the UK and my soon to be Husband is Nigerian. We are thinking of applying for the permit straight after the wedding but I have some questions:

1- Will it be risky applying straight after the wedding?

2- Does he need to do a TB test. It's not part of the required documents but I see some people submitting it on this forum.

3- He is self-employed but I am the one who will be sponsoring the whole thing, does he still need to provide his business documents like tax returns, incorporation documents etc...

4- Which documents submitted need to be ORIGINALS?

Any overall general advice anyone has would be appreciated.

Thank You
I would advice you to take your time to read through these posts on eea family permit very well. Also read through the requirements for eea family permit on Home Office website. Do not leave any stone unturn as it takes time to get a decision these days, so save yourself the stress of waiting for approximately 4 months and later have to reapply due to not submitting certain documents.

Your need to submit documents showing that you are in communication and pictures of wedding and pictures of you two together in various occasions. Dont forget to submit your payslips and Bank statement reflecting your deposits of your wages. your marriage certificate is important and the certified copy of EU citizens Passport/ID. Evidence of your accommodation is also helpful, for the benefit of doubt, pls submit also bank statement of your spouse and evidence of his business, eg business registration, i dont mean business bank account, but personal bank account, but whichever is okay.

ENSURE that you make photocopies of all the documents you want to submit, tls contact Abuja only require , and can only scan your photocopies not originals, understood? the only document they would require in original would be the applicants passport/travel document. Please, i dont know about Lagos visa centre, do check on their website and read. Personally, whichever visa centre in Nigeria, i would advice you to go also along with the originals (including the photocopies)

where are you planning to get married, in Nigeria?

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm

eea-route-applications/sheffield-visa-s ... 27282.html

Read through the above also, this thread is very helpful, you will learn alot.

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
France

Post by Elizabeths03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 pm

[quote=Ola2 post_id=1574177 time=1513373400 user_id=183025]
eea-route-applications/sheffield-visa-s ... 27282.html

Read through the above also, this thread is very helpful, you will learn alot.

Thank You so much for all this information.

We are getting married at the Ikoyi Registry.