ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sufyan2090
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Sufyan2090 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Good luck guys
Sorry just a question
I have applied by post so basically i sent the original documents so if i want my documents back shall i call them and ask to send them back or shall i sent email to them or do i have to wait till they decide my application?
Thanks guys

MYA

Post by MYA » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 pm

You can request to take your documents but your application will be considered as withdrawn and fee will not be refunded and if you will apply again you have to pay the full fee again and have to wait again.

Se wait till your application is decided otherwise no point of wasting money and time.

Samirriyad05
Newly Registered
Algeria

Flr (fp) application

Post by Samirriyad05 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Hello guys .I'm wondering if anyone can help me .
I did send application on 19th may 2017
Received by HO on 22nd may it's been nearly 7 months and they are still didn't make desicion anyone have the same situation can help me .
Many thanks

orientallion
BANNED
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by orientallion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 pm

EEA PR Applied Mid September 2017

Application Status Decided 08/12/2017

PR Issue date 4th Dec

EEA PR Received Today

Best of Luck guys and bye for now... : :D

bateristt
Newly Registered

Post by bateristt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:44 am

Hi All,

I applied for citizenship and have seen the online status changed to decided on 1st of December, 2017.

It has been 2 weeks and I haven’t received neither home office letter nor the ceremony letter from the council.

Is this normal letter waiting time or something wrong?

drake1988
Newly Registered

Post by drake1988 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 am

Sufyan2090 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm
Good luck guys
Sorry just a question
I have applied by post so basically i sent the original documents so if i want my documents back shall i call them and ask to send them back or shall i sent email to them or do i have to wait till they decide my application?
Thanks guys
Hi Sufyan2090,

You can request your documents back but make sure you do not tick the "withdraw your application" box.

It takes about 10 working days to receive the documents back.

Please see below for the link...

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr (fp) application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am

Samirriyad05 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 pm
Hello guys .I'm wondering if anyone can help me .
I did send application on 19th may 2017
Received by HO on 22nd may it's been nearly 7 months and they are still didn't make desicion anyone have the same situation can help me .
Many thanks
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications ONLY. Please post in the correct sub forum, link below.

immigration-for-family-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peachy36
Newly Registered

Post by peachy36 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 am

power-lost wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm
bmstein wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm
Just lucky

Use this email address

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They are very quick but a little bit dumb or don't want to give too much info.. They were not giving me any info before the application status changed to decided

But I keep sending them emails and as soon as I get email, reply same time and ask them again for more information

Now let's hope Royal mail is quick or might have to email them too :)

Good luck everyone else.
All I got was “communication has been posted to you” blah blah blah
Do they reply same day the above email address?
I also got "A communication has been posted to you" but I guess it's better than nothing - Fingers crossed!

akz

Post by akz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 am

My email To HO (my application status was not decided I made it up to get the actual status)

Hi

Online status at website "https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus" was "decided" for my two children alpha and bravo Nationality application ( Case ID: 00000000).

Can you please let me how long it will take to receive the passports.

Thanks

///////////////////////////////////////

HO reply

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 20th July 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker. The applications have not been decided
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 am

peachy36 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 am
power-lost wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm
bmstein wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm
Just lucky

Use this email address

They are very quick but a little bit dumb or don't want to give too much info.. They were not giving me any info before the application status changed to decided

But I keep sending them emails and as soon as I get email, reply same time and ask them again for more information

Now let's hope Royal mail is quick or might have to email them too :)

Good luck everyone else.
All I got was “communication has been posted to you” blah blah blah
Do they reply same day the above email address?
I also got "A communication has been posted to you" but I guess it's better than nothing - Fingers crossed!
Any luck anyone??

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 am

Hello All, Just for informational purpose, since i've seen so many applicants waiting very nervously and anxiously for their results, some negative elements are making use of it. I received a call today morning from +44 20 7035 4848 and told me they are calling from HO. they asked me to login to a gov.co.uk website to confirm few details, i told him i would start my laptop and login in. In the mean time i asked him what was the call about and he said it's very urgent and important matter and he cannot tell anything until i confirm my details through the website. i knew from the start of the call it was not HO and wanted to get as much details from them. i've recently changed my phone number from the one in application form so i asked him a simple question from where he got this number from, he was like "We are HO, we can get any details of immigrants" that was not correct and was very rude answer for a HO member. Even the police do not talk to anyone like this, i insisted on knowing where they got my number from and he continued his threat stating that we will be sending police and immigration officers to my doorstep and will get me arrested, blah blah. I told him, please do send them and i'm very happy to give answers at a HO location rather than by phone,

Everyone out there who are very nervous and anxious please have some patience and do not give out any details through phone, ask for a letter to be mailed to your address mentioned in the application for any details to be provided. My application has been sitting with HO since first week of August and i've seen many who had applied after me had got their approval. It's sometimes pure luck and sometimes it is valid delay due to verification's, Please have patience and wait for 6 month period.

Even thought this is not relevant i know many people are following this post as this thread get's maximum updates on a daily basis hence i updated here, moderators please allow this to be visible for the members.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 am

pyare_16 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 am
Hello All, Just for informational purpose, since i've seen so many applicants waiting very nervously and anxiously for their results, some negative elements are making use of it. I received a call today morning from +44 20 7035 4848 and told me they are calling from HO. they asked me to login to a gov.co.uk website to confirm few details, i told him i would start my laptop and login in. In the mean time i asked him what was the call about and he said it's very urgent and important matter and he cannot tell anything until i confirm my details through the website. i knew from the start of the call it was not HO and wanted to get as much details from them. i've recently changed my phone number from the one in application form so i asked him a simple question from where he got this number from, he was like "We are HO, we can get any details of immigrants" that was not correct and was very rude answer for a HO member. Even the police do not talk to anyone like this, i insisted on knowing where they got my number from and he continued his threat stating that we will be sending police and immigration officers to my doorstep and will get me arrested, blah blah. I told him, please do send them and i'm very happy to give answers at a HO location rather than by phone,

Everyone out there who are very nervous and anxious please have some patience and do not give out any details through phone, ask for a letter to be mailed to your address mentioned in the application for any details to be provided. My application has been sitting with HO since first week of August and i've seen many who had applied after me had got their approval. It's sometimes pure luck and sometimes it is valid delay due to verification's, Please have patience and wait for 6 month period.

Even thought this is not relevant i know many people are following this post as this thread get's maximum updates on a daily basis hence i updated here, moderators please allow this to be visible for the members.

Thanks
The number you quote though, is an HO official telephone number, from their website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office
Contact Home Office
Home Office
Direct Communications Unit

2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Email :public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Telephone :020 7035 4848

Minicom :020 7035 4742
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am

pyare_16 wrote:

Thanks
Hi there, it would be great if you can call HO yourself today to verify these details they wanted from you.
That could clarify any doubts.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:57 am

Yes it is, but i know there are ways you can show the caller any number you want with a simple software. This has happened many time in US for Incometax issues and i've read them in articles. Right or wrong, i would not give any details to anyone through phone, i'm happy to answer them through written mails or at their office. My details are private and i do not have to disclose it over phone.

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

smallpie wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am
pyare_16 wrote:

Thanks
Hi there, it would be great if you can call HO yourself today to verify these details they wanted from you.
yes, i would be doing it shortly. i'll update here what response i got.

-Pyarelal

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 am

pyare_16 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am
smallpie wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am
pyare_16 wrote:

Thanks
yes, i would be doing it shortly. i'll update here what response i got.

-Pyarelal
"as always no information provided, was asked to write to Public.Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk which i know would not be an immediate response. i will update when i have more details about this. however the callcenter lady told me that HO calls from a 'witheld' number and no number would be displayed in our calledID which i think answers that 'it might have been a phishing call'"

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 am

bateristt wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:44 am
Hi All,

I applied for citizenship and have seen the online status changed to decided on 1st of December, 2017.

It has been 2 weeks and I haven’t received neither home office letter nor the ceremony letter from the council.

I'm the same as you. Decided on 1st. Nothing arrived yet.

omorfos3
Newly Registered
Tuvalu

Post by omorfos3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:12 pm

massoud32 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 am
bateristt wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:44 am
Hi All,

I'm the same as you. Decided on 1st. Nothing arrived yet.
Same situation as you guys. First called them when the tracker was still active and told it was decided on 30th but nothing. I called them today and was told that the tracker is now down as it was inaccurate and it is possible that it was a mistake. There is nothing I can do (or anyone else) but wait up to the full 6 months.

Entela1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Entela1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello!
Please is anybody there who can tell me how can I check my status online? Which Link can I use?
Thank you!

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm

The same here. Approved/letter sent on 29th, saw on website "Decided" - on 30th. Yesterday passed 10th day..nothing... 😔😔😔

peachy36
Newly Registered

Post by peachy36 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm
The same here. Approved/letter sent on 29th, saw on website "Decided" - on 30th. Yesterday passed 10th day..nothing... 😔😔😔
They told me a "communication has been sent" but that it can "take up to three weeks to arrive." So....there's that. No idea why it would take three weeks. :? :?

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm

peachy36 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm
Georgia wrote:
They told me a "communication has been sent" but that it can "take up to three weeks to arrive." So....there's that. No idea why it would take three weeks. :? :?
Have no idea if Im answering wright...never used that forum before. Hmmmm...I dont understand what does it mean. Before they took website down I have been told if after 10 working days I wont receive any letter I can call. 29th was Wednesday...they exactly told me I can call Thursday. Obvieusly after they said no point to call...before 6 months will pass..
Where did U tke that 3 weeks from? 🤔

omorfos3
Newly Registered
Tuvalu

Post by omorfos3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm
peachy36 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Have no idea if Im answering wright...never used that forum before. Hmmmm...I dont understand what does it mean. Before they took website down I have been told if after 10 working days I wont receive any letter I can call. 29th was Wednesday...they exactly told me I can call Thursday. Obvieusly after they said no point to call...before 6 months will pass..
Guys, it is possible that a lot of the 'Decided' were false positives i.e the applications had not actually been decided but the system was wrong. That's why they took it down (or so they say). So what is happening is: if it was correct you will receive the letter within 2-3 weeks - HO acceptance letters are 2nd class and send out in batches so can take up to that long to arrive. If you don't, then it hasn't been decided and you must wait until it is. You cannot chase it up or call them as they will simply tell you the same - wait until 6 months are over.

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm

omorfos3 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:39 pm
Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm
peachy36 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Guys, it is possible that a lot of the 'Decided' were false positives i.e the applications had not actually been decided but the system was wrong. That's why they took it down (or so they say). So what is happening is: if it was correct you will receive the letter within 2-3 weeks - HO acceptance letters are 2nd class and send out in batches so can take up to that long to arrive. If you don't, then it hasn't been decided and you must wait until it is. You cannot chase it up or call them as they will simply tell you the same - wait until 6 months are over.
Got an email today: They told me a "communication has been sent" but that it can "take up to three weeks to arrive." Someone please tell me what dose communication means: Dose it mean that the decision sent to you or just a hello and how are you?

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm

About the way how we are treated and have been left with all of that questions and every phonecall different information I think it can be that " hello and how are U" only.. 😂 where they took that 3 weeks from now?