ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askhans786

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by askhans786 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:19 pm

One piece of Intel for everyone waiting impatiently for their letter who have seen last status as 'decided' Online. You could always call your council if you have made application via them to check if they have received your certificate.

I was one of them who got accepted on 30 Nov 2017 and online said decided on 1 Dec 2017 but today is 10th working day and no letter form yet. However when I called my council they have confirmed that they have received my certificate so its a case of just waiting for letter to book the ceremony.

Hope this helps every one.

PS: I did email UKVI and I got one of the generic reply 'Thank you for your e-mail. A communication has been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.'

Thank you

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:19 pm
One piece of Intel for everyone waiting impatiently for their letter who have seen last status as 'decided' Online. You could always call your council if you have made application via them to check if they have received your certificate.

I was one of them who got accepted on 30 Nov 2017 and online said decided on 1 Dec 2017 but today is 10th working day and no letter form yet. However when I called my council they have confirmed that they have received my certificate so its a case of just waiting for letter to book the ceremony.

PS: I did email UKVI and I got one of the generic reply 'Thank you for your e-mail. A communication has been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.'

Thank you
Do you or anyone knows if that info from HO goes to local Council or to the office where NCS was done??

peachy36
Newly Registered

Post by peachy36 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm
peachy36 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm
Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm
The same here. Approved/letter sent on 29th, saw on website "Decided" - on 30th. Yesterday passed 10th day..nothing... 😔😔😔
They told me a "communication has been sent" but that it can "take up to three weeks to arrive." So....there's that. No idea why it would take three weeks. :? :?
Have no idea if Im answering wright...never used that forum before. Hmmmm...I dont understand what does it mean. Before they took website down I have been told if after 10 working days I wont receive any letter I can call. 29th was Wednesday...they exactly told me I can call Thursday. Obvieusly after they said no point to call...before 6 months will pass..
Where did U tke that 3 weeks from? 🤔
Turns out they say that to everyone who emails them! So it's just a generic response to the email. Will see what they have sent but I don't think it means they have made a decision on my application. :(

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 pm
askhans786 wrote:

Thank you
Do you or anyone knows if that info from HO goes to local Council or to the office where NCS was done??
I think the people we are speaking to are based in call center, with very little information hence they are not capable of answering most of our question, I am sure HO is aware what they have sent to council as my council confirmed they receive certificate once a week from HO which by all means would be recorded delivery given the importance of this certificate.

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Georgia wrote:
askhans786 wrote:

Thank you
I think the people we are speaking to are based in call center, with very little information hence they are not capable of answering most of our question, I am sure HO is aware what they have sent to council as my council confirmed they receive certificate once a week from HO which by all means would be recorded delivery given the importance of this certificate.
Hi

What reference number do we have to give to council in order to track the citizenship certificate and is it one’s local council or the council that was used for JCAP?

Thanks

saj626

Post by saj626 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm

ichs12 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 pm
My status changed to ‘decided’ on the 8th of December as well, but I’ve not received a letter yet. If I don’t receive it tomorrow, I’ll call them on Thursday.
I’m guessing that the bad weather has had a significant impact on Royal Mail deliveries.
Hello mate

My status changed to decided on 8th of December as well, still waiting for letter ...have you received letter ?

ichs12
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ichs12 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 pm

saj626 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm
ichs12 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 pm
My status changed to ‘decided’ on the 8th of December as well, but I’ve not received a letter yet. If I don’t receive it tomorrow, I’ll call them on Thursday.
I’m guessing that the bad weather has had a significant impact on Royal Mail deliveries.
Hello mate

My status changed to decided on 8th of December as well, still waiting for letter ...have you received letter ?
Nop, not yet.

sham30
Newly Registered

Post by sham30 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi everyone!
Naturalization application for my son(2 years old)
Applied on 31st September 2017 via NCS
Online status showed Decided on 8th December just before the website down.
Still I haven't received anything yet. I called few times to HO but unable to give any information.
I emailed to HO and got reply like they passed the inquiry to relevant department.
Eagerly waiting for the passport as we are travelling in 2nd week of January.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 pm

The service seems to have been taken down.... the page states that it is "under review"

Is there a new link or was that it for now?

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm
About the way how we are treated and have been left with all of that questions and every phonecall different information I think it can be that " hello and how are U" only.. 😂 where they took that 3 weeks from now?
English is my second language to be honest :) someone may translate it for me :)
I asked the same question! When did you send it! Let’s see tomorrow :)

_kay_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by _kay_dee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Georgia wrote:
askhans786 wrote:

Thank you
In my case, the local council (Ealing) did not have JCAP service, so I went through Hammersmith council which had the JCAP service. Even though I mentioned in my application form that I would like to have the ceremony at the Hammersmith council, UKVI sent my certificate to the local council (Ealing)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 am

Just emailed Local Council.. Let's see if they reply by lunch time otherwise will call them or just pop around (5 min only)

Quick question. Even if they have received letter from HO, I can't attend ceremony without my letters ?

What if I can get the PDF letter . Can I attend it then ?

Thanks

M

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:44 am

Hi..

i am in similar situation. Applied on Aug 12 2017 in Redbridge ..Biometric on 22 Aug 2017. Status changed to decided on 30 nov 2017. Still waiting for letter from home office. When i called at my council a week back, they told they will not have any of my details and only i will receive details from home office.

By reading the above posts, can i approach my council again to ask for certificate if they received any? Any other ways to know the status. pls reply if any one has done it successfully previously. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
PC

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 am

Not sure if I would recommend calling to Council...🤔 Im at the same situation like you with online "Decided"on 30th. After two weeks gone Ive decided to call council where I had my NCS done (not the local one). On the day of check Lady told me that ceremony will have to be in council where I had a NCS done.
I email then and have been told they didnt received anything...so from that day I'm much more stressed. Options can be: refused, mistake of the online system and is not decided yet or certificate goes to your local council .... but now Im not brave enough to call local council and ask... what if its nothing? My worry will be worst until six months, that maybe my refusal letter is disapear 😔 your head can imagine anything and is soooo sad that we have no right to know? If not that bloody Decided I would never call HO until first day of passed 6 months. But if they said A they should to say B! Even B would have to be: sory it was a mistake, I would understand and accept! But no... we have to live will all of that investigations and bad imaginations. I will leave it like that...i will try to do not think about this anymore. One day it will be clear 😔😔😔

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am

...and one more thing. Yesterday my friend who was usuing NCS told me that her checking Lady said..we are just checking and passing documents to Liverpool...thats it. The rest belong to your council. Her letter came to local one and she had a ceremony in local one too. Soooo.... bilion stories and opinions and at the end we end up with knowing nothing. Again: sad, sad, sad...

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Anapplicant wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm
askhans786 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Georgia wrote:
askhans786 wrote:

Thank you
Hi

What reference number do we have to give to council in order to track the citizenship certificate and is it one’s local council or the council that was used for JCAP?

Thanks
Hi,

What I did was called up my council through which I applied for British citizenship and said I have received letter confirming my approval but have not yet received booking reference for ceremony can I check if they have received my certificate by any chance.

And my council kindly did confirm this to me they have received my certificate and hence have asked me to wait for the letter which have number to book the ceremony.

Kind Regards,

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 am

I have checked with my council and told the same thing that you mentioned above. But they say unless i have Home office reference number which i will receive, they cant tell any information.

I also called Home office, they say the online checking service is withdrawn as that is inaccurate and cant tell any information until 6 months of application.

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by P1ZZA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:12 pm

My application was "decided" on the 1st of Dec, to this day I'm still yet to receive any communication from home office. But, I called my council the very next working day and was told they get new certificates on Fridays. So i called again on Friday the 8th asked to book a ceremony, as they should have received my certificate.

The council just checked my name & address and I booked & attended private ceremony this Wednesday.

If i followed the HO procedure, then today would be the 10th working day after decided. I'd still be contacting HO and asking them where the hell is my letter.

I think the trick here is to be assertive and say, "my application was approved", "Im looking to book the ceremony as you should have my certificate"

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm

thanks for your mail. But when i say my application is approved, they are asking to give home office reference number which will be only in the letter sent by HO. I have also asked them to check my certificate basef on my details...but they just say it will come from HO to me and need HO reference number to book ceremony. Not sure what i miss here.

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by P1ZZA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm
thanks for your mail. But when i say my application is approved, they are asking to give home office reference number which will be only in the letter sent by HO. I have also asked them to check my certificate basef on my details...but they just say it will come from HO to me and need HO reference number to book ceremony. Not sure what i miss here.
the reference number will be the same as the one in your biometric letter, remove the 0, should have 8 digits

P.S for NCS I did not use my local council. Certificate was still sent to local council.

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks a lot mate. i wasted 10 days without knowing about this reference number. just one more thing...is it the same as case id which the home office send to us in email about receipt of application. its also 8 digits. i used the same case id to check online naturalization status...as i am out of city, need to go home and check for biometric letter. pls confirm.

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by P1ZZA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 pm

I never received an confirmation email but I believe so. I used that id to check online, and inform my local council

Georgeta73
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Georgeta73 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi all,i'm trying to access the link but it says page not found does anyone have an alternative URL?
Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Georgeta73 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm
Hi all,i'm trying to access the link but it says page not found does anyone have an alternative URL?
Thank you in advance.
The service is no longer available, was taken down on 8th or 9th December, as most members have posted over the last week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

P1ZZA wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:48 pm
Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm
the reference number will be the same as the one in your biometric letter, remove the 0, should have 8 digits

P.S for NCS I did not use my local council. Certificate was still sent to local council.
Hi,

I am sure ref number is not same as the reference number for application, they require POLL Cover number to book the ceremony which will be on the letter, without that I am afraid they wont be able to book the ceremony.

Kind Regards,