ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the period of refusals/admin reviews/tribunal hearing count towards 10 years naturalisation?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

praden
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Does the period of refusals/admin reviews/tribunal hearing count towards 10 years naturalisation?

Post by praden » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I have a query about applying for citizenship/indefinite leave through naturalisation (10 years).

A brief timeline of my visa application is below:
Apr 2016 - applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension
Oct 2016 - application was refused
Dec 2016 - Admin Review rejected
Dec 2016 - made a fresh application for extension of Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Further to this, admin review and upper tribunal document review was rejected again. I have now applied for oral hearing and have got a date in March for the hearing.

I first came to the UK in September 2008 and it will be 10 years in Sept 2018. I have not left the country since April 2016.

My question is will the period since April 2016 count towards my 10 years/naturalisation route? Despite all these rejection and refusals, will I be able to apply for citizenship/indefinite leave through the 10 years route in Sept 2018. My solicitor says it is not possible, however I have heard from friends saying that the period since April 2016 will also count in 10 years. I am finding it hard to find any official document/guidance that states or confirms either way.

I would be very grateful if someone here can advise me and provide more clarity about this. Please ask if you have any further questions. Looking forward to your valued responses - thank you in advance.

morning_grays
Newly Registered

Re: Does the period of refusals/admin reviews/tribunal hearing count towards 10 years naturalisation?

Post by morning_grays » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi,

Can you please confirm the status of your Dec 2016- fresh application for extension of Tier 1 Entrepreneur ?

Thank you

Hiuk77777
China

Re: Does the period of refusals/admin reviews/tribunal hearing count towards 10 years naturalisation?

Post by Hiuk77777 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 pm

No. You cannot unless you will win.

Would u mind sharing the refuse reason?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 am

No it will not count towards long residence unless you regularise your leave. Also naturalisation for BC can only happen after holding ILR for a year in most cases
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice