ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Questions, probably easily answered.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Two Questions, probably easily answered.

Post by SoConfused84 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:06 am

Hello.

Just have two quick questions, that you wonderful people can probably EASILY answer for me. :)

1) When filling out the visa application, there are questions about being refused entry to the UK and being deported from the UK.
A few months ago I was traveling to the UK for a second time, and they refused my entry because I did not have enough cash on me at the time. Which was VERY confusing for me, but not much I could do about it, and it's really pointless to argue with immigration. ANYWHO. My question is, on the application it has those two questions.....which one do I answer. I think I am supposed to answer yes to where it says HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED ENTRY ON ARRIVAL TO THE UK.
And I think I am supposed to answer no to where it says HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DEPORTED OR REMOVED FROM THE UK.
Because when I tried to answer YES to the second question....it did not have ANY of my immigration forms listed as a option. So should I answer YES to the first and NO to the second question?
I can give a list of my forms if that helps....I have a IS-81, IS-91R, IS-83, IS-86, and my final form before I had to go home which was a IS-82A.
When I answered yes to the second question, NONE of those forms were listed.

And question 2) My fiance makes 25000pounds a year, plus random bonus money, and he owns four cars that total around 8000pounds. We only will be paying 280pounds a month in rent to his Mum while we are starting out in the UK.
My fiance NEVER keeps bank statements.
He has a few pay slips, his p60, a statement of earnings, and a letter from his employer listing all the important facts about his job. Is this enough information to prove we do not need help from benifits, or are the bank statements more important?

I really hope it is, because I really do not want to have to wait another 3 months or more to finally get married. We have waited soooooo long, we were supposed to be married earlier this year but my Grandfather passed away and we had to move lots of things around. It's been a rough start to the year, and I am just hoping we can finally get married and be together like we are meant to be.

Thanks so much for all your help!

junosword
Newly Registered

Post by junosword » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:04 am

I would have thought he could contact his bank and get his bank statements re-issued.

You can probably get the bank to send the last 6 months of statements but they may charge you for each statement they send.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:20 am

Bank statements = CRUCIAL!

Banks easily give you duplicates.

May even be free.

The 4 cars bit not so relevant!

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:12 am

in my case file my lawyer told to get as many bank statments for both the sponsor and the person who is applying as possible going back up to 8 months plus pay slips and any other froms of income. it aslo helps to put in relevent qualification to show you are an asset to the u.k. i put in my degree and my husbands electical qualifcations.

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Two Questions, probably easily answered.

Post by djb123 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 am

SoConfused84 wrote:My fiance NEVER keeps bank statements.
Something you both need to consider is that when you come to apply for ILR in a couple of years time you need 20 letters or other documents ideally addressed to you jointly from at least 5 different sources spread over the whole 2 years.

If you've thrown all your official letters/documents away you really would cause yourself problems.

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Post by SoConfused84 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Ok, but what if perhaps he was overdrawn once or twice in the past six months, would that pretty much make our application get refused? Or would his current earnings factor more into getting our application approved?

Would it perhaps be better to wait two months and get a few more positive bank statements?