ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emilia95
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Emilia95 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm

twitwi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 pm
Emilia95 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:05 am
Hi
I applied on 15 September 17. Still waiting. Called the paid service last Friday and they said I should wait for 15 working days. Yesterday I got this email.

Thank you for your enquiry

Please be assured that we are still working on your application. I appreciate it is out of SLA, however we are doing all we can to get a decision back to you as soon as we can. Your patience would be appreciated in this matter.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
ED
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Does anyone know what happens next?? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I got the same email one week after i called their paid service. Since then i am still waiting...
Where did you apply from and when?

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Applied from Karachi in may but nothing no answer yet still waiting more 149 working days

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm

One of my friend applied from Madrid Spain in March but waiting no answer have to withdraw the application got passport back with no visa or refusal stamp he wait 9 months is long time waiting for EEA family permit

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Near to me the delay is only on EEA family permit applications the rest of application are dealing with normal time frame which setup by them

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:34 am

Ans wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 pm
Near to me the delay is only on EEA family permit applications the rest of application are dealing with normal time frame which setup by them
Hi Ans
Sure the delay is only on eea family permit !!

128 WD and still waiting
Submitted application on 20.06.2017

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:54 am

byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm
Hello Everyone,

I have been waiting for 188 working days. ( applied on 24th March from Mumbai) and today I finally got my Family Permit stamped dated 4/12/17. There was no email, no sms, just that the courier guy came and handed the passport. Finally all my stress is gone.

I also received a not straightforward email when I had applied. I escalated for 3 times and waited patiently. For all those who are waiting, just be patient and you will get your FP too.

From all that I researched, I want to share this- If anyone are planning to apply and want their application to be straightforward, provide all the original documents specially of your sponsor(I.e the EEA national). If you cannot provide original, then provide certified copies of passport, national Id, job letter, rental agreement ( you can ask your Eea national partner to get it certified by a notary etc from UK). Provide proof of relationship- pic of you both together( if pics are dated it is good, if not then too will do), original marriage certificate, chat history- get screenshot of Skype calls, whatsapp chat. If you have your pics on Facebook take a screen shot of it too.

You and your partner both should provide a written note about how you met and a little about you marriage etc. List all the documents you are providing.

IMP- count the number of pages of all the documents you will be submitting because at the visa application center they will scan all the papers.

IMP- your EEA national partner should be earning above the avg PTE after tax is cut. So approx monthly salary should be around 1000 and more. If your EEA national partner does not have enough bank balance then you can show your bank balance so as to show that you will have money.

After application just have faith in God and have patience. You will get the FP.

I wish everyone who are wiaiting all the best. I pray that everyone get their visa and join their partner.

Thank you all for the prayers.

Regards,
Byron
Hi Byron,

Congrats! I bet yours was the longest wait in this post.

-Tony

aboveandbeyond
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aboveandbeyond » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to update.

Biometric was done on 8th September 2017 in Lahore, Pakistan.

Got a non-straightforward email on 11th September 2017.

Did not escalate, no SOLVEIT, no contacting MP.

On 5th December, we got an email requesting scans of two documents that we definitely provided at the processing centre. However, as we have all original documentation present, we sent scans again.

Yesterday we called to collect the passport.

Today, 15th December 2017, my wife received the passport with the visa effective from 8th December 2017.

It took 69 working days.

Due to Brexit, and the on-going xenophobia I had experienced in London, I made sure that the I use a lawyer to process the application, just to make sure that we do not miss out any items.

The last 3 months and a week have been stressful, specially because in September the timelines were revised on the HO's website. We were expecting to receive a response by March (6 full months), but luckily we have received it earlier.

I would like to wish all of you best of luck. Just try and keep calm, pray, hope and keep the relationship with your partner strong! These are testing times but if you go through this, hopefully the future will be easier.

I am not even sure if my wife and I will live in the UK forever. But at least now we can live together to find out :).

Happy to answer any questions that are allowed within the forums rules and regulations.

Good luck!

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:50 pm

aboveandbeyond wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 pm
Hi Guys,

Just to update.

Biometric was done on 8th September 2017 in Lahore, Pakistan.

Got a non-straightforward email on 11th September 2017.

Did not escalate, no SOLVEIT, no contacting MP.

On 5th December, we got an email requesting scans of two documents that we definitely provided at the processing centre. However, as we have all original documentation present, we sent scans again.

Yesterday we called to collect the passport.

Today, 15th December 2017, my wife received the passport with the visa effective from 8th December 2017.

It took 69 working days.

Due to Brexit, and the on-going xenophobia I had experienced in London, I made sure that the I use a lawyer to process the application, just to make sure that we do not miss out any items.

The last 3 months and a week have been stressful, specially because in September the timelines were revised on the HO's website. We were expecting to receive a response by March (6 full months), but luckily we have received it earlier.

I would like to wish all of you best of luck. Just try and keep calm, pray, hope and keep the relationship with your partner strong! These are testing times but if you go through this, hopefully the future will be easier.

I am not even sure if my wife and I will live in the UK forever. But at least now we can live together to find out :).

Happy to answer any questions that are allowed within the forums rules and regulations.

Good luck!
My congrats
Happy to hear that

Pleas can you tell us where are you from (i mean ee nationality)
And how long you lived in uk befor !
And you work with contractors or self employed!!
Thank you 😊 i know its much qutions

aboveandbeyond
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aboveandbeyond » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm

German National. No PR yet (too lazy to apply but should be a straightforward application).

Living in London since 2006.

In full time employment in the finance industry since 2013.

I hope this helps.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm

aboveandbeyond wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm
German National. No PR yet (too lazy to apply but should be a straightforward application).

Living in London since 2006.

In full time employment in the finance industry since 2013.

I hope this helps.

Thank you 😊
Sure it’s useful
Agine my congrats wish you and your family happy time together

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm

hi guys i am going to withdrawal my application which i made on 17 aug still pending but know i find out that i can travel without eea family permit because one of my friend from uk came to visit me in spain and he is gone yesterday i gave him the job to find out about travelling without eeafp and he did it very well he spoke to the spanish immigration authorities about my situation and they gave him positive answer which is yes i can travel without eeafp conditions with your spouse eea national ,family member residence card ,which i have one and certificate of civil partnerships/merriage and he said you shouldn't have any problem in uk aswell and secondly when he get to uk he spoke to one of uk immigration officer they even said that yes i can travel without eeafp they will let me in (he recorded all conversations) now you guys tell me should i take a try or kep waiting for another 6 monts

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm
hi guys i am going to withdrawal my application which i made on 17 aug still pending but know i find out that i can travel without eea family permit because one of my friend from uk came to visit me in spain and he is gone yesterday i gave him the job to find out about travelling without eeafp and he did it very well he spoke to the spanish immigration authorities about my situation and they gave him positive answer which is yes i can travel without eeafp conditions with your spouse eea national ,family member residence card ,which i have one and certificate of civil partnerships/merriage and he said you shouldn't have any problem in uk aswell and secondly when he get to uk he spoke to one of uk immigration officer they even said that yes i can travel without eeafp they will let me in (he recorded all conversations) now you guys tell me should i take a try or kep waiting for another 6 monts
Hi,
Based on what your friend has found out at the Spanish/UK border, I would say go for it! Just in case, prepare with you your spouse UKs details ( work details, accommodation...), maybe more proves of your relation and maybe some printed conformation of your rights to enter in that way.Just be well prepared in case. And by the way, seems like applications made in October/ November are being considered more or less on time, so who knows if the UKs border officer doesn't let you enter and you have to apply again, maybe, your application will be considered on time.
Just my thoughts...
In any case I wish you luck and enter without any problem. Don't forget to update us.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Mughlii wrote:
lET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, yes you can travel to uk without an eea family permit if you are and EU family member in possession of a residence card issued under article 10. All you need to do is to travel with your EU/EEA spouse, with your marriage certificate and all documents that proves that your relationship is genuine, you can also choose to take some of your pictures (your pic with your spouse together) and thats all. this can only work if you are travelling together with your spouse.

If your spouse is already in uk, and you happen to make your way to the boarder, pls make sure you have above documents with you, including your EU's spouse prove of employment, they will surely let you in, its much better that your spouse is contactable also via telephone incase immigration officer wants to call him/her on phone.

This info is also on Home Office website.

Hope this would help many of you who want to travel by road to the uk boarder or those who have the above mentioned residence card in another EU member state.
thats all !!

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Mughlii wrote:
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Regs201 ... ulation_11

Print this and highlight regulation 11 (4). This is the uk legislation concerning what i am explaining to you. Please, read it also and highlight as said above, you can show the highlighted part to the immigration officer if he/she seems not to know that you have a right of admission.

Also highlight regulation 11 (3) but only the part that says "a qualifying EEA State residence card" . What you have is a qualifying EEA State residence Card.

But for someone who does not have an eea residence card issued under article 10, then you need to have all the documents mentioned above and as many as you have to prove your relationship to the EEA/EU CITIZEN and the activities of the eu citizen in uk if he/she is already in uk. but if the eu spouse is travelling with you, just have all the mentioned documents and the eu/eea citizen should have his/her passport or ID WITH HIM/HER.

thats all i can do for you and others that are in same situation as you.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 pm
[quote=Mughlii post_id=<a href="tel:1574180">1574180</a> time=<a href="tel:1513374292">1513374292</a> user_id=183654]
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Regs201 ... ulation_11

Print this and highlight regulation 11 (4). This is the uk legislation concerning what i am explaining to you. Please, read it also and highlight as said above, you can show the highlighted part to the immigration officer if he/she seems not to know that you have a right of admission. thats all i can do for you and others that are in same situation as you.
[/quote]

I applied for my father’s EEA permit from Ireland on 9th of May(158 working days). Probably waiting for the longest on this forum now after some other friends got their EEA permit recently.

I could have brought in my father via road (even by plane) as there is no border check.

Please let us know how it goes with withdrawal. I have waited long enough, escalated it 4/5 times, followed it via solvit & MP and got the same response through all channels that “application is complex”. I am at the end of my wits now and I want to move my wife & kids to London but they are all still in Dublin as we cannot leave my father alone there.
What if I just move my father here without border checks? Can I then apply for his residence card from UK?

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 pm
Mughlii wrote:
lET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, yes you can travel to uk without an eea family permit if you are and EU family member in possession of a residence card issued under article 10. All you need to do is to travel with your EU/EEA spouse, with your marriage certificate and all documents that proves that your relationship is genuine, you can also choose to take some of your pictures (your pic with your spouse together) and thats all. this can only work if you are travelling together with your spouse.

If your spouse is already in uk, and you happen to make your way to the boarder, pls make sure you have above documents with you, including your EU's spouse prove of employment, they will surely let you in, its much better that your spouse is contactable also via telephone incase immigration officer wants to call him/her on phone.

Hope this would help many of you who want to travel by road to the uk boarder or those who have the above mentioned residence card in another EU member state.
thats all !!

Please don’t make confusion about this. I am Spanish and my husband is here in Spain with spanish residence. He try travel WITH ME to London and police on airport denied to enter because my husband NOT HAS A VISA. So, that information is irrelevant, he can try enter but sure 99% possibilities to not enter in England.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:24 pm

thanks alot mate my friend spoke to spanish immigration officer on airport he told him about me about my status in spain as a family member of spanish citizen then he showed him the picture of my residence card aswell after that officer told him yes i can fly to uk without any problem he mentioned that you can only fly with your spouse and thats what i am gona do. and he said bring your merriage/civil partnership certificate, which i have and they cant refuse it because it is from spainish authorities my wife she never worked in uk she been there just for visit many times now she is going with me and i have been uk 3 years ago now i am going again and other proofs we have mobiles fully loaded with pictures and over conversations and my uk friend already spoke to his solicitor and clearly said that yes i can come and if there is any problem they try to make he will stand behind me
i saw many pp here they are waiting from last 6 monts they haven't got any answers till now and future how long it will take no idea so better take a chance if it is not gone through will apply for it again but i am waiting for thier response of my 3rd escalation they will be in touch with me in next week if they have a same shit on email i will go for withdrawal

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Merzit wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 pm
Ola2 wrote:
Mughlii wrote:

thats all !!

Please don’t make confusion about this. I am Spanish and my husband is here in Spain with spanish residence. He try travel WITH ME to London and police on airport denied to enter because my husband NOT HAS A VISA. So, that information is irrelevant, he can try enter but sure 99% possibilities to not enter in England.
hi
can you please explain your experience waht exatly happen to you what they said to you when did you fly last time?

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:07 am

yanaveron wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm
Mughlii wrote:
Hi,
Based on what your friend has found out at the Spanish/UK border, I would say go for it! Just in case, prepare with you your spouse UKs details ( work details, accommodation...), maybe more proves of your relation and maybe some printed conformation of your rights to enter in that way.Just be well prepared in case. And by the way, seems like applications made in October/ November are being considered more or less on time, so who knows if the UKs border officer doesn't let you enter and you have to apply again, maybe, your application will be considered on time.
Just my thoughts...
In any case I wish you luck and enter without any problem. Don't forget to update us.
I agreed with you
Try but be prepare well
Good luck in any case

Syd2017
Newly Registered

Post by Syd2017 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 am

Hii Guys Finally I got my EEA-FP today after three escalation :D :D :D
as per my knowledge not only me but three of my friends also got the FP this week.

Here's my timeline
application date :03-07-17
PLace: mumbai
working days: 116
third escalation done on 12th December
visa stamped on 13th december
delivered on 16 december.

after my third escalation,
12th dec i got mail from uk visa and imm.. saying they will contact me
13th dec than i got mail from Delhi saying that my application is under process and will contact me once its completed
14th dec The most awaited mail "processed visa application has been received "
16th got the passport

good luck guys... i think everyone should get by this month.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 am

Merzit wrote:
Ola2 wrote:
Mughlii wrote:

thats all !!

Hi Merzit,
The problem is that you lack information and yet you are not willing to learn. We dont know the circumstances surrounding you and your spouse, that could be why he was denied entry, perhaps you need to share that experience here. If you dont know something, pls dont call it "confusion". we are waiting to read your experience here pls. Thanks.

twitwi
Newly Registered
China

Post by twitwi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:58 am

Emilia95 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm
twitwi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 pm
Emilia95 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:05 am
Hi
I applied on 15 September 17. Still waiting. Called the paid service last Friday and they said I should wait for 15 working days. Yesterday I got this email.

Thank you for your enquiry

Please be assured that we are still working on your application. I appreciate it is out of SLA, however we are doing all we can to get a decision back to you as soon as we can. Your patience would be appreciated in this matter.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
ED
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Does anyone know what happens next?? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I got the same email one week after i called their paid service. Since then i am still waiting...
Where did you apply from and when?
I applied from paris on 11 october 2017.

patrasatya
Newly Registered
India

Post by patrasatya » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Finally I got my EEA-FP today after few escalations

Here's my timeline
application date :29-06-17
Place: Hyderabad
visa stamped on 14th december
delivered on 16 december.

I will be flying Jan 15th. Wish to spend sometime with my parents.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Merzit wrote:
Ola2 wrote:
Mughlii wrote:

thats all !!

hi
can you please explain your experience waht exatly happen to you what they said to you when did you fly last time?
Hi! Yes sure, I’ll share mi experience here:

My husband is Albanian and I am Spanish. He married with me in October 2016 in Spain, so my husband has the residence spanish for 5 years. Im 23 years old then Im not have work in Spain or my own house because im still studying. My parents consented that they take care of me and my husband at home while waiting for a Visa basically.
I contracted lawyer english for help about documents to send, about information etc.. he said everything its ok, my husband never been criminal or anything, he is clean.
Then around 100 persons told me (including embassy english) my husband isn’t allowed to enter in England just with residence because probably the police stop you. We try and the police in airport told us, before speaking about brexit not problem for enter, but right now 2017 no one chance to enter if you don’t get the Visa. That’s all.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

yeth1216
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by yeth1216 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Merzit wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Mughlii wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Merzit wrote:
Ola2 wrote:

thats all !!

hi
Hi! Yes sure, I’ll share mi experience here:

My husband is Albanian and I am Spanish. He married with me in October 2016 in Spain, so my husband has the residence spanish for 5 years. Im 23 years old then Im not have work in Spain or my own house because im still studying. My parents consented that they take care of me and my husband at home while waiting for a Visa basically.
I contracted lawyer english for help about documents to send, about information etc.. he said everything its ok, my husband never been criminal or anything, he is clean.
Then around 100 persons told me (including embassy english) my husband isn’t allowed to enter in England just with residence because probably the police stop you. We try and the police in airport told us, before speaking about brexit not problem for enter, but right now 2017 no one chance to enter if you don’t get the Visa. That’s all.
Hello Merzit,
I know how you feel.This is so frustrating.I think they've just need more time to study your case as you have said you just married recently (oct.2016).This is very important to them.If you tried to fly and got refused why don't try overground? That is I am going to try on feb. If the permit doesn't come.Some experience had success when tried to overground.And many unsuccesfully tried to fly.