ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm
P1ZZA wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:48 pm
Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm
thanks for your mail. But when i say my application is approved, they are asking to give home office reference number which will be only in the letter sent by HO. I have also asked them to check my certificate basef on my details...but they just say it will come from HO to me and need HO reference number to book ceremony. Not sure what i miss here.
the reference number will be the same as the one in your biometric letter, remove the 0, should have 8 digits

P.S for NCS I did not use my local council. Certificate was still sent to local council.
Hi,

I am sure ref number is not same as the reference number for application, they require POLL Cover number to book the ceremony which will be on the letter, without that I am afraid they wont be able to book the ceremony.

Kind Regards,
The number was the same case id which was used to check the online checker and same used to book the ceremony for us. They actually asked for surname first.

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by P1ZZA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Yeah I used the same case id for everything. Its even on my certificate, as well as my "profile" the council gets from HO.

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

i just called my council with my case id i got from HO email received on receipt of application. they say they could not retrieve my details.

i also just found a online link for my council to book cermony. there too it asks for home office reference number where i have given case id. there too it could not retrieve my details.

so chances are that case id is not same as home office reference number or my application may not have been approved. As few people confirmed ..its the same, i am sensing the worst .. feeling low. Good luck to others.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm
i just called my council with my case id i got from HO email received on receipt of application. they say they could not retrieve my details.

i also just found a online link for my council to book cermony. there too it asks for home office reference number where i have given case id. there too it could not retrieve my details.

so chances are that case id is not same as home office reference number or my application may not have been approved. As few people confirmed ..its the same, i am sensing the worst .. feeling low. Good luck to others.
Or they just haven’t received your certificate yet. My council for example receives naturalisation certificates on Wednesdays, once a week only.

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

i too thought that, but as my application got decided on 30th nov, its 15 days lapsed...which will be very less likely that council may not have received my certificate within this time.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm
i too thought that, but as my application got decided on 30th nov, its 15 days lapsed...which will be very less likely that council may not have received my certificate within this time.
But since you haven't received it either maybe there is just some hold-up on HO side. It is so hard and the toughest thing is not knowing. My paper was supposedly posted on the 6th and I'm too waiting. Soooo incredibly frustrating. The xmas period is not helping with the post, nor the fact that they have some sort of melt down down there with the checker and all. If I get refused, I think I'll be more upset about the fact that I still have to deal with these people rather than the lost money.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Additionally, in their new generic e-mail reply they say it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the letter from them. Sounds like they are drowning.

madmegnik
Newly Registered
India

Post by madmegnik » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 pm

My application status changed to decided on December 8 and the page gone vanished. I slightly concerned with the postings on this thread, but calmly waited for the letter. To my surprise I had my approval letter today. The date on the approval letter is December 11. Status changed to decided on December 8 will have your approval letter soon.
Goodluck everyone.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Hiya,

Just an update, my ceremony invite letter came this morning. Am so happy, and I already booked ceremony with my local council already

Letter dated 6th December, and it came a week after I got approval letter.

So for letter dated 6th of December, and came today 15th December, it shows the HO postal system is now slow for a reason, unless if it's the royal mail issues.

My approval letter came last week 6th December,, dated 4th December. During this period,, my status online didn't change at all to decided, till the service went down.
So maybe applicants can ignore the decided online status, it may not be accurate.

Called council yesterday to try influence to book ceremony, they said no, until I get HO ceremony letter, with the poll/cover number on it.

But luckily the letter Arrive today, and I booked it immediately.

Wish u all the best too.

And pls, do anyone have idea if necessary to return the PR card to HO? It says on the ceremony letter, to return the BRP card.
I have PR card, as family member of EU citizen, not a BRP card under British law.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm
About the way how we are treated and have been left with all of that questions and every phonecall different information I think it can be that " hello and how are U" only.. 😂 where they took that 3 weeks from now?
Finally got my approval letter today dated on 07 December :)
Call to council ! When they ask for a reference then give the same reference which you used to check the website. My certificate arrived before my letter. Nothing was in in council for two weaks and they were very kind to me! Always said it comes later! I booked my ceremony today only with my name and the same reference ! If you are approved council got a copy! If it’s not there it dose not mean that you are not approved ! It means they have not received it! I hope it helps! Good luck all ;)

nisha2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by nisha2020 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm

humanityrultz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Same for me applied on 8/3/17
"Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.
The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided."

Note: This online service seems trail version.
hi how do I CHECK my visa status ?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 pm

nisha2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm
humanityrultz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Same for me applied on 8/3/17
"Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.
The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided."

Note: This online service seems trail version.
hi how do I CHECK my visa status ?
There is no way to check now. You wait like the rest of us until the letter with an update comes through. If six months is up you can contact them or they will contact you.

Georgia
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Georgia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 pm

massoud32 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm
Georgia wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm
About the way how we are treated and have been left with all of that questions and every phonecall different information I think it can be that " hello and how are U" only.. 😂 where they took that 3 weeks from now?
Finally got my approval letter today dated on 07 December :)
Call to council ! When they ask for a reference then give the same reference which you used to check the website. My certificate arrived before my letter. Nothing was in in council for two weaks and they were very kind to me! Always said it comes later! I booked my ceremony today only with my name and the same reference ! If you are approved council got a copy! If it’s not there it dose not mean that you are not approved ! It means they have not received it! I hope it helps! Good luck all ;)

Unfortunately we got a phonecall from HO today morning and have been told that case is not decidet yet and it was system error 😔

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has recieved approval letter since the day the tracker down taken down? I can only see people getting letters who have had their decision status changed on the system back when it was working... Just trying to think worst case scenerio if there's a major hold up with the HO! :(

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm

@ silverchloride, hope this help enough?

Post by madmegnik » December 15th, 2017, 7:23 pm

My application status changed to decided on December 8 and the page gone vanished. I slightly concerned with the postings on this thread, but calmly waited for the letter. To my surprise I had my approval letter today. The date on the approval letter is December 11. Status changed to decided on December 8 will have your approval letter soon.
Goodluck everyone.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

omorfos3
Newly Registered
Tuvalu

Post by omorfos3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Same situation. Status changed to 'Decided' on 30th of November but no letter and similar response by HO (u need to wait 6 months etc.). I called the council any they have the certificate since Monday, but without the letter there is not possibility to go ahead with the ceremony. I call the HO and they say there is nothing they can do, either I will receive letter or wait... Needless to say this is nerve-wracking

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 pm

omorfos3 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm
Same situation. Status changed to 'Decided' on 30th of November but no letter and similar response by HO (u need to wait 6 months etc.). I called the council any they have the certificate since Monday, but without the letter there is not possibility to go ahead with the ceremony. I call the HO and they say there is nothing they can do, either I will receive letter or wait... Needless to say this is nerve-wracking
Hi, but council confirmed they have your certificate with them?

If so, you should be well off stress, knowing it has been approved,, at least.

Mind you, you can email HO to notify, you didn't get approval letter, but council confirm your certificate.
If that will help.. To re issue??
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by P1ZZA » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am

I finally received my invitation + approval letter, 15 days after "decided", and 3 days after i've attended the ceremony.... Don't even know if Royal mail being slow or HO taking its sweet time sending it

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:10 pm

P1ZZA wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am
I finally received my invitation + approval letter, 15 days after "decided", and 3 days after i've attended the ceremony.... Don't even know if Royal mail being slow or HO taking its sweet time sending it
Any updates on letters for 8 December decision?

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:44 pm

I got “Decided” on the 8th and no letters yet.

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm

aimu123 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 am
Eligibility criteria: ILR +2years
Language criteria met: uk masters +life in uk
Nationality:Indian
Method of application: NCS. Hounslow (JCAP)
Date of application:26/06/2017
Payment method:debit card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:27/06/2017
Date of acknowledgement:03/07/2017
Date money gone off account:03/07/2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics:03/07/2017
Letter received by 06/07/2017
Biometrics done: 06/07/2017
Date decided : 06/12/2017. Saw it on 08/12/2017
Date of approval:08/12/2017( received via email)
Date of ceremony: 16/12/2017 private
Date applied for passports:26/06/2017
Money gone off account: 05/07/2017
Date passports received: waiting

Thanks to god

Good luck to everyone waiting

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm

aimu123 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks to god

Hi many congratulations!

How can one request decision by email? Is it automatic?

Many thanks

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:08 pm

aimu123 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks to god

Congrats!!! But how come did you get the approval via e-mail??? and even on the same day as Decided. Sounds super bizarre.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm

smallpie wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm
@ silverchloride, hope this help enough?

Post by madmegnik » December 15th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Goodluck everyone.
Many thanks for this. I guess most people recieving letters are the ones whose cases were decided round about that time and were able to see the status change online. Hope by next week or so we can start seeing people who have no idea what their online status is (since the system is down). It's so frustating! :(

jake9
Newly Registered

Post by jake9 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Now with the online status check service down it`s more concerning that approval letters may get lost in the post. One may have to wait until the 6 month processing time has passed only to find out that their application was approved 4 months ago but it seems that the approval letter was lost. Then they may need to re-apply paying the full fee again as they haven't attended a ceremony within the specified timeframe. Probably the letter won`t get lost the second time...or the third...

According to info I found in posts from 2014 the Home Office used to send naturalisation approval letters by Royal Mail second class post (not recorded) in a brown envelop. Is this still the case? How about those people who don`t use the NCS and HO have their original documents (e.g. passports) with them. Are these being sent back not recorded as well? Are these sent in the same envelope as the approval letter and not recorded?

I`m wondering if HO have started sending approvals by e-mail because the online checking system was shut down. See a post further up as a possible example. If not then I would suggest they do so as this would improve the reliability of the approval deliveries.