ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Graduate Tier 1 to Entrepreneurship Tier 1 Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Switching Graduate Tier 1 to Entrepreneurship Tier 1 Visa

Post by alikoza » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Dears,

I hope you have a good time. I need some advises about the visa switching. I would strongly appreciate if you help me.

After I graduated from the University of Liverpool MBA degree I applied for Graduate Entrepreneurship visa and this visa expires on 19th of March 2018. I have not Attended for the second year. now I want to switch the current visa to the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

According to this I have some questions :

1) Till what time I can apply for this visa ? I mean what is the latest day ?

2) How long time before I should put the 50.000£ to my account ? is it 90 days again ?

3) Can I apply from the outside of the UK ?

4) Can I show my bank statements from outside of the UK bank ? (banks in the outside of the UK)

I strongly need your help and advice . Can you please help me regarding wit these points.

Kind Regards,

Ali

marcnath

Re: Switching Graduate Tier 1 to Entrepreneurship Tier 1 Visa

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:56 pm

alikoza wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm
After I graduated from the University of Liverpool MBA degree I applied for Graduate Entrepreneurship visa and this visa expires on 19th of March 2018. I have not Attended for the second year. now I want to switch the current visa to the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

19th March 2018
alikoza wrote:
2) How long time before I should put the 50.000£ to my account ? is it 90 days again ?
Yes.
alikoza wrote:
You should be able to.
alikoza wrote:
4) Can I show my bank statements from outside of the UK bank ? (banks in the outside of the UK)
Only if you are applying from outside UK.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:07 am

Dear marcnath,

I really Appreciate your reply and help! Thank you very very much.

Only two things confused me:

1) Which one would increases my chance to get the visa without any problem ?
a: Applying from the UK
b: Applying outside of the UK

2) The last question is may I apply to the visa if it is not 90 days ? I mean will I get refuse if the money is there for 60 days for example?

I want to thank you in advance again!

Best Regards,
Ali
Last edited by CR001 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Kindly refrain from stating your full name and surname on the forum.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:50 am

alikoza wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:07 am
Dear marcnath,

I really Appreciate your reply and help! Thank you very very much.

Only two things confused me:

1) Which one would increases my chance to get the visa without any problem ?
a: Applying from the UK
b: Applying outside of the UK

2) The last question is may I apply to the visa if it is not 90 days ? I mean will I get refuse if the money is there for 60 days for example?

I want to thank you in advance again!

Best Regards,
Ali
1) I don't think there is a difference. Of course, if you are in the UK and went abroad just to apply for the Visa, the CW may wonder why.
2) Yes, if you don't have the money for 90 days, you don't get the points for having access to the funds. Which means you don't meet the requirements for the VIsa
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Dear marcnath ,

I appreciate your support! Thank you so much!

The last question is: Can I put the 50.000£ as a $ in my bank account ? (I am applying outside of the UK, and the bank is not UK bank).

Best Regards,
Ali

moderator edit : please refrain from posting full name and surname when you post. The forum is frequently visited by scammers and spammers.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:56 pm
alikoza wrote:

19th March 2018
alikoza wrote:
Yes.
alikoza wrote:
You should be able to.
alikoza wrote:
Only if you are applying from outside UK.
You mentioned that I should be able to switch my current Graduate Entrepreneurship visa from outside of the UK. My mind is confused because of this part from the Application form :
Leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant and £50,000
funding
70.You must be applying from within the UK and have last been granted leave as Tier 1 (Graduate
Entrepreneur) migrant. You will not be asked to provide documentary evidence of this because
we will use your travel document or passport and our records.
71.You must also have £50,000 of your own money available to make a fresh investment into
business in the UK. Your funds must be held in the UK.
According to this, I confused because there is mentioned that you MUST be applying from within the UK. In that case it means I must be in the UK ?

Please help me with this .. This is the most important point I am trying to understand that Can I apply for switching my Tier 1 Graduate visa to Tier 1 Entr. visa ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am

My mistake, sorry. Obviously you can only apply from within uk.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Thank you for your message !
funding
70.You must be applying from within the UK and have last been granted leave as Tier 1 (Graduate
Entrepreneur) migrant. You will not be asked to provide documentary evidence of this because
71.You must also have £50,000 of your own money available to make a fresh investment into

But according to this quote ,it is not related to Tier 1 entrepreneurship visa.. it says Tier 1 Graduate visa as it is clearly mentioned in the heading of the paragraph. This still confuses me .. because I am not going to apply for Graduate one but I am going to switch to tier 1 entrepreneurship from Graduate tier 1 . So what is the right answer I dont know.

Regards

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am
My mistake, sorry. Obviously you can only apply from within uk.
funding

But according to this quote ,it is not related to Tier 1 entrepreneurship visa.. it says Tier 1 Graduate visa as it is clearly mentioned in the heading of the paragraph. This still confuses me .. because I am not going to apply for Graduate one but I am going to switch to tier 1 entrepreneurship from Graduate tier 1 . So what is the right answer I dont know.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant and £50,000 funding

This is just the title that separates the various categories of entry to the Tier 1 E route.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 pm

This is just the title that separates the various categories of entry to the Tier 1 E route.
So that meAns that I am not allowed to apply the visa from outside of the UK?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 pm

alikoza wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm
marcnath wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 pm

So that meAns that I am not allowed to apply the visa from outside of the UK?
The immigration rules sets out, in the attributes for investment, the following:
(c) The applicant:

(i) is applying for leave to remain,
(ii) has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant, and
(iii) has access to not less than £50,000,

I read that as meaning that as you T1(GE), you can only apply for leave to remain, not for entry clearance. That means you need to apply from within UK.

alikoza
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alikoza » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you very much !

That means that I have to forget about this visa then unfortunately. I have put 70.000$ to my personal non uk bank account.. now need to take it out..

Regards