ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zanibimtiaz
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by zanibimtiaz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm

hi
everybody
I have submitted application for eea family permit from pakistan dated 11th august. My wife and one daughter got visa 23rd november but my two daughter still waiting decision. if someone tell why UKVI doing this. ALL applicant have same documents with their DNA test. please someone tell me how i contact home office. I have also contacted ukvi but no respose

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 pm

zanibimtiaz wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm
hi
everybody
I have submitted application for eea family permit from pakistan dated 11th august. My wife and one daughter got visa 23rd november but my two daughter still waiting decision. if someone tell why UKVI doing this. ALL applicant have same documents with their DNA test. please someone tell me how i contact home office. I have also contacted ukvi but no respose
This topic is for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP applications ONLY. please post in the EEA/EU route subforum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

IS the online status checking service not working anymore?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm

keeno wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm
IS the online status checking service not working anymore?
No it is not. Simply read the last couple of pages of this topic to see what members are posting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm

bmstein wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:08 pm
aimu123 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm
aimu123 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 am
Eligibility criteria: ILR +2years
Language criteria met: uk masters +life in uk
Nationality:Indian
Method of application: NCS. Hounslow (JCAP)
Date of application:26/06/2017
Payment method:debit card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:27/06/2017
Date of acknowledgement:03/07/2017
Date money gone off account:03/07/2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics:03/07/2017
Letter received by 06/07/2017
Biometrics done: 06/07/2017
Date decided : 06/12/2017. Saw it on 08/12/2017
Date of approval:08/12/2017( received via email)
Date of ceremony: 16/12/2017 private
Date applied for passports:26/06/2017
Money gone off account: 05/07/2017
Date passports received: waiting

Thanks to god

Good luck to everyone waiting

Congrats!!! But how come did you get the approval via e-mail??? and even on the same day as Decided. Sounds super bizarre.
I don't think this is true. They won't send letters even after 1 week let alone sending the approval letter on same day

Unless they change the policy overnight...

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 pm

This will be the last week of Dec where we can expect letters for those applications that has been decided.

The normal service will then be resumed in Jan 2018.. Let's hope we do get letters this week

mmali

Post by mmali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:55 am

rafabeton wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am
So, the UKVI office is testing a new online service which is great as I won't be anxious about the post every single day

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Still in beta, and it seems like applications done in less than 4 weeks might not be traceable yet.

Is the online application status checking service still available?

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 am

mmali wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:55 am
rafabeton wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am
So, the UKVI office is testing a new online service which is great as I won't be anxious about the post every single day

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Still in beta, and it seems like applications done in less than 4 weeks might not be traceable yet.

Is the online application status checking service still available?
Read just 3 and 4 posts above yours... :)

cathrin78
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by cathrin78 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 am

I just called the UK Visas and Immigration Helpline to check what their official advice is for us people who have seen the Decided status on the status checker but have not received the letter yet.
I spoke to a lady called xxxxxxx (on 03001232253) who explained that the status checker online service has been taken down again as the trial was malfunctioning. So even when it said Decided, it might not yet have been decided. Once a decision has been made, a letter will be sent which has to be signed for when you receive it, so xxxxx explained the HO would know when the letter has not been received. So contrary to an earlier post, it cannot happen that the letter gets lost, I don't attend a ceremony within the timeframe, and the application has to be started again and fees have to be paid again. This is not a possible scenario, according to xxxxx.
She advised to wait out the six months and get in touch if I have not received my letter by then. They would then start a trace on my application and advise on the next steps.
All clear now for me, will mark the 6 month deadline in my calendar and relax...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am

cathrin78 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 am
So even when it said Decided, it might not yet have been decided. Once a decision has been made, a letter will be sent which has to be signed for when you receive it,
Nonsense. The letters are sent out standard second class post (not signed for).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am

Hi Guys,

could you please post the online link to check the application status ?

the link which was posted before in this thread is not working.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am

ahmed_110 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance
If you READ the last couple of posts and pages, you will see that there is no link any longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

baddy

Post by baddy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am
ahmed_110 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance
If you READ the last couple of posts and pages, you will see that there is no link any longer.
It is really funny how members repeatedly ask for this link. If members use the old link there is enough information displayed on the page for anyone to understand what happened.

///'Page Not Found
The application status checker is a pilot service and is currently unavailable as it is under review. If your application is within the published service standard time frames you will need to wait for a decision. If any further information is required for the application, we will contact you directly.

If your application is over the published service standard timeframes you can use the following link if you require an update - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk ///

cathrin78
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by cathrin78 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am
cathrin78 wrote:
So even when it said Decided, it might not yet have been decided. Once a decision has been made, a letter will be sent which has to be signed for when you receive it,
I am only repeating what someone from the official number of the UK Visas and Immigration told me. 1st class recorded delivery.

sham30
Newly Registered

Post by sham30 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am

Application has been decided online on 8th December. Still I haven't received anything yet.
Is anyone in same situation like me?

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm

i think quite a few people from the 8th are still waiting, including me :?

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 pm

cathrin78 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am
cathrin78 wrote:
I am only repeating what someone from the official number of the UK Visas and Immigration told me. 1st class recorded delivery.
Hi cathrin78,

So far it was always second class standard mail for all their communications, which is why the other members said they were worried about the online tracker disappearing. So either they just now decided to change the way they send their mail out or that help desk person misinformed you. The HO help desk had also given me lots of contradictory information previously, so I would take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Nonetheless, thank you for sharing the information.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm

I do not know the truth more than £ 1600 and in the end it depends on a letter of mail if I received it completely if not lost everything is not good We deserve a better service for this money!!!!!!

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Just got my APPROVAL letter via E-MAIL!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I have sent an e-mail 6 days ago to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking about the outcome of the decision of my application. (Long shot, I know but was getting desperate). And I just got an reply!!!

"""Good Afternoon Mrs xxx,

Thank you for your email. We can confirm your invitation was sent out 2nd class post 08/12/2017 therefore we ask that you allow a minimum of 14 days to receive it. Below is a copy for your records which can be printed out and presented at your ceremony and will be accepted by your local authority."""

Then it follows with the whole approval letter.
I was so worried to be refused as had so many "little things" that they could pick on. Like: one of my references used two different pens !!(idiot). I travelled abroad on the start of my qualifying period, had some speeding fines and dint declare as ages ago. Wasn't sure which airport I have first arrived to England etc.

All of the above could be the reason it took so looooong 5 months and 2 weeks tomorrow. Thought it will never happen.
The most sincere Good Luck to everyone who's waiting. The lack of transparency in this process is a absolute killer and so much is at stake here.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:10 pm

bmstein wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 pm
Just got my APPROVAL letter via E-MAIL!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I have sent an e-mail 6 days ago to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking about the outcome of the decision of my application. (Long shot, I know but was getting desperate). And I just got an reply!!!

"""Good Afternoon Mrs xxx,

Thank you for your email. We can confirm your invitation was sent out 2nd class post 08/12/2017 therefore we ask that you allow a minimum of 14 days to receive it. Below is a copy for your records which can be printed out and presented at your ceremony and will be accepted by your local authority."""

Then it follows with the whole approval letter.
I was so worried to be refused as had so many "little things" that they could pick on. Like: one of my references used two different pens !!(idiot). I travelled abroad on the start of my qualifying period, had some speeding fines and dint declare as ages ago. Wasn't sure which airport I have first arrived to England etc.

All of the above could be the reason it took so looooong 5 months and 2 weeks tomorrow. Thought it will never happen.
The most sincere Good Luck to everyone who's waiting. The lack of transparency in this process is a absolute killer and so much is at stake here.
It's my lucky day!!! One hour after this e-mail I got the approval letter in the post too.
Yaaaaaaaaay!!!
FYI I'm one of those who got Decided on the 8th. So hopefully the letters will start coming through to all of those from that week!!!

Lukola
Newly Registered

Post by Lukola » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago I updated my timeline in the June thread since my online status updated to decided. I have since then been waiting for a decision letter and it never arrived!

Finally today I received an email after contacting the home office by phone last tuesday, and in the email was a reply with the details of the sent letter in the email. So literaly an approval by email. I read a couple of days ago about a member receiving his approval by email, and this has indeed happened to me today.

I have now booked a private ceremony for 110GBP for next thursday. I am indeed very very happy to have been approved after more than 6 months! I passed 6 months on the 13th of December.

I have been a silent user.....but I can say that I have been reading the posts on this forum like 100 times a day.

I would like to thank everyone for contributing.

My journey is nearly over, but I will make sure to update my timeline once I have received my passport.

Cheers!

The approval letter and email are dated the 5th of December 2017.

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm
i just called my council with my case id i got from HO email received on receipt of application. they say they could not retrieve my details.

i also just found a online link for my council to book cermony. there too it asks for home office reference number where i have given case id. there too it could not retrieve my details.

so chances are that case id is not same as home office reference number or my application may not have been approved. As few people confirmed ..its the same, i am sensing the worst .. feeling low. Good luck to others.

I received my citizenship approval letter today dated 01 dec 2017 and asked me to contact local council barkingand dabenham register office within 21 days. but i applied in redbridge council.

Now the thing is...i am left only with 3 days of 21 days period as the letter was reached only today. i have literally tried to contact barking and dabenham register office through phone atleast 50 times...but none of the time, the call is picked. I even sent a mail.

What are the options left for me now... pls advise. if i cant reach them witjin next 3 days..wat i can do. i googled about that register office and many people commented they never pick up call.. pls advise guys

regards
prasath.c

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:09 pm
Prasath4u wrote:
i just called my council with my case id i got from HO email received on receipt of application. they say they could not retrieve my details.

i also just found a online link for my council to book cermony. there too it asks for home office reference number where i have given case id. there too it could not retrieve my details.

so chances are that case id is not same as home office reference number or my application may not have been approved. As few people confirmed ..its the same, i am sensing the worst .. feeling low. Good luck to others.

I received my citizenship approval letter today dated 01 dec 2017 and asked me to contact local council barkingand dabenham register office within 21 days. but i applied in redbridge council.
Makes no difference where you applied. If you DID NOT state another council for your ceremony, it is always at the one your address falls under.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Prasath4u wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:09 pm
Prasath4u wrote:

Now the thing is...i am left only with 3 days of 21 days period as the letter was reached only today. i have literally tried to contact barking and dabenham register office through phone atleast 50 times...but none of the time, the call is picked. I even sent a mail.

What are the options left for me now... pls advise. if i cant reach them witjin next 3 days..wat i can do. i googled about that register office and many people commented they never pick up call.. pls advise guys

regards
prasath.c
Might have to take time off work and go in person. I'm sure your employer will understand.

Prasath4u
Newly Registered

Post by Prasath4u » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:22 pm

i came to india right now for health reasons and booked for jan first week return. what are the options left for me now ?