ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Spouse visa extension questions

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi,

This is my first extension for this route. I have been trying to book a premium service slot online but unable to do so as the available dates are all after my visa expiry. I wasn't expecting that the slot will be gone this quickly. Please can someone advise what's the best way to do this.

My spouse visa expires on 14th Jan

I will be out of the country from 21st-31st Dec

I have paid my health surcharge at the end of my online application form

I've checked midnight and 8am but no dates before 14th Jan came up

My closest premium service centre is Solihull but it's been showing "No appointment available in the next 45 business days"

I've tried other premium centres but the soonest I can get in is the 18th Jan

Will the slot come back up on the site if there's a cancellation?

What time do I need to check?

Is there any contact or helpline I can call to discuss this matter?

Thanks,
P

sam550

Re: Premium service booking - FLR

Post by sam550 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi first of all best of luck with the extension and I think you made the right decision by going to the window instead of by postal but in your case please keep an option open if you don't get premium service appointment so you can send application by post.
There is nothing can be done except keep trying and see if anyone makes any cancellation so you can book that appointment, have you also tried different centres ?? Like Liverpool, Glasgow??

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 pm

You MUST submit your postal application whilst your visa is valid, if the premium appointments are not available you have no choice but to use premium service.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 pm

pwalden wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm
No there is not. You have left it quite late to try find an appointment to be honest.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Have you tried every office location? It would be advisable to look everywhere. If I were in your position, knowing how long extensions take, I would travel all over the country to make the appointment. Try Croydon?

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm
Have you tried every office location? It would be advisable to look everywhere. If I were in your position, knowing how long extensions take, I would travel all over the country to make the appointment. Try Croydon?
Spouse visas do not take as long as FLR(FP). My friend recently got her approval within 4 weeks for FLR(M) extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

sam550 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 pm
Hi first of all best of luck with the extension and I think you made the right decision by going to the window instead of by postal but in your case please keep an option open if you don't get premium service appointment so you can send application by post.
There is nothing can be done except keep trying and see if anyone makes any cancellation so you can book that appointment, have you also tried different centres ?? Like Liverpool, Glasgow??
Thank you :)

In this case do you mean if there is a cancellation the slot will be shown on the site again?
I've checked other centres and they're all the same - only Solihull and Croydon are shown as No availability in the next 45 days.

If I couldn't really get a premium appointment, am I ok to apply by post after my return on the 31st Dec?

Also, do I have to do the application and pay health surcharge again as it would have exceed 15 days of my current application?

Sorry this is a bit long but thanks for your help in advance! :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm

pwalden wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

In this case do you mean if there is a cancellation the slot will be shown on the site again? Yes but remember, there are probably 100's of people trying to get slots.

I've checked other centres and they're all the same - only Solihull and Croydon are shown as No availability in the next 45 days.

If I couldn't really get a premium appointment, am I ok to apply by post after my return on the 31st Dec? You must apply before your visa expires.

Also, do I have to do the application and pay health surcharge again as it would have exceed 15 days of my current application? Not sure.

Char (CR001 not Casa)

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:43 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 pm
You MUST submit your postal application whilst your visa is valid, if the premium appointments are not available you have no choice but to use premium service.
Hi

Do you mean I have no choice but to use postal service rather than premium?

Also when you say submit the application whilst the visa is valid, do they take record when I post this out or when they receive actually receive my application?

Many thanks

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 pm
pwalden wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm
No there is not. You have left it quite late to try find an appointment to be honest.
Hi

Thanks for replying :)

As mentioned I wasn't expecting that it will be this busy, especially when I tried to apply a month in advance. This is also my first extension in the UK too so didn't know that people actually book this form Day 45 when the slot is released. :(

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:51 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm
Hi :)

I wouldn't mind travelling but the issue is there isn't anything available at all. Do you know when they tend to update the cancellation slots?

Thank youuuu

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm
pwalden wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

In this case do you mean if there is a cancellation the slot will be shown on the site again? Yes but remember, there are probably 100's of people trying to get slots.

If I couldn't really get a premium appointment, am I ok to apply by post after my return on the 31st Dec? You must apply before your visa expires.

Also, do I have to do the application and pay health surcharge again as it would have exceed 15 days of my current application? Not sure.

Thanks for your super prompt response! Do you know when they tend to update the site and bring the cancellation slots back in?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Usually around midnight for new slots. For cancelled slots, depends on when they are cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 pm
Usually around midnight for new slots. For cancelled slots, depends on when they are cancelled.
Guess if I couldn't get the cancellation one then I'll have to go with post option in Jan :|

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:11 pm

in any case you can make postal application and as soon as you get the acknowledgement letter, upgrade your application to premium service :) Good Luck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:11 pm
in any case you can make postal application and as soon as you get the acknowledgement letter, upgrade your application to premium service :) Good Luck
Premium upgrade is not avaliable to ALL applications. It is only available to ILR under the following categories

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

Set(M)
Set(LR)
Set(O)
Set(AF)
Set(F)
NTL
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 pm

When applying through post, can the payment (both health surcharge and visa fee) be done online?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 pm

pwalden wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 pm
When applying through post, can the payment (both health surcharge and visa fee) be done online?
I would assume so if you are using the online FLR(M) form. If you are using the paper form, you only pay the IHS online and the fee must be paid by check or bank card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Another quick question - apart from the mortgage document, is there anything else we can use for the proof of property ownership?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:20 pm

pwalden wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm
Another quick question - apart from the mortgage document, is there anything else we can use for the proof of property ownership?
Title deed from HM Land Registry, bank statement showing payments to your mortgage, council tax bill.

pwalden
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by pwalden » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Thought I'd come in and update - I've finally managed to get an appointment on the 9th of Jan!
It seemed they have only released these new slots after it has been showing as No appointment available in the next 45 days for a week.

Something not related to premium service...

My husband and I got married in Thailand hence our marriage documents are all in Thai. Before I came here 2.8 years ago I had it translated by the translation agent. They have translated, certified correct translation and signed their name with date and address on. In this case can I still use this translation even though it was from 2.8 years ago?

None of the info on that document has been changed since.

anagrunciman
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: Spouse visa extension questions

Post by anagrunciman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation. What happened with your application? My husband and I are still hoping that some appointment will be cancelled and we can get the spot, but in case it doesn't... is it possible to send the application via post and if so, do you know what is it to do?

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:19 am

anagrunciman wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm
Hi,
I am in the same situation. What happened with your application? My husband and I are still hoping that some appointment will be cancelled and we can get the spot, but in case it doesn't... is it possible to send the application via post and if so, do you know what is it to do?

Thanks a lot!
Kindly start your own topic instead of digging up threads from 2017 to tag onto.
Char (CR001 not Casa)