ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on UK residence permit for non EEA spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

endallSP50
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Clarification on UK residence permit for non EEA spouse

Post by endallSP50 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Hello
My wife is Russian. We were married in 2003 with 2 children. We lived in Spain for 14 years and my wife has permanent Spanish residency. As I now work in the UK my wife and children have joined me here. My wife entered the UK without a family permit as we come under the "exercising treaty rights" rules.
Specifically does my wife require a residence permit and can she obtain an NI number to work without it. From my understanding and reading official sites, this is the case. On the GOV.UK page under - Apply for residence card -- it states --- You don't need to apply for a residence card as a family member -- but it can help...for various reasons...

Is this true, in my wifes circumstances?