ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AAA3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Moving to UK

Post by AAA3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 am

Hello everyone,

I am a U.S. Citizen originally born in Sudan North Africa.

I have a computer IT degree and planning to find a job in the UK. If i find one i plan to move right away.
When i move to the UK how do i go about bringing my wife who stays in Sudan. She has no USA documents because she was never been and i have never applied for her. We recently got married.

Is it easy to bring my wife to the UK? How long will the process take?

Again I am a U.S Citizen (i have a USA passport) and i want to move to the UK for work. I want to bring my wife from another country (Sudan).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Moving to UK

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 am

AAA3 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 am
Hello everyone,

I am a U.S. Citizen originally born in Sudan North Africa.

I have a computer IT degree and planning to find a job in the UK. If i find one i plan to move right away.
When i move to the UK how do i go about bringing my wife who stays in Sudan. She has no USA documents because she was never been and i have never applied for her. We recently got married.

Is it easy to bring my wife to the UK? How long will the process take?

Again I am a U.S Citizen (i have a USA passport) and i want to move to the UK for work. I want to bring my wife from another country (Sudan).
I would say your chances are between zero and almost zero.

Having a US passport carries no weight and gains no expedited means for LTR, you'd need to get that same as anyone else cold on the trail.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:41 am

If you manage to find a Tier 2 General sponsor and get a visa, then your wife could apply for a Tier 2 Dependent visa if you meet all the requirements.

Assuming of course you have met your wife in person and are not married to anyone else, otherwise any application will fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AAA3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AAA3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:41 am
If you manage to find a Tier 2 General sponsor and get a visa, then your wife could apply for a Tier 2 Dependent visa if you meet all the requirements.

Assuming of course you have met your wife in person and are not married to anyone else, otherwise any application will fail.
How long does the process usually take for that? Just an estimate not a exact time frame.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:59 am

It can take a couple of week up to a couple of months.

Your spouse can only apply after you have received your Tier 2 General visa, if you can get a sponsor and meet all the requirements, and once you are in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.