ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Umerali190 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 pm
Hi umerali

Thx for help and one more thing do need to write any colum about my country situation or about my circumstances or just simply fill up form and attech required documents and send them ??

Thx for ur help
You can if you want but I didn’t mention anything to be really honest and what I did I filled the application simply attached my qualification certificates and pay slips that’s all really

Kinan
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by Kinan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm

ashirjavedch wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm
Unknown2017 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am
Hi Ashirjavedch,
Congratulations for getting your ILR.
I am waiting my decision papers soon as the status changed to Decided.
Did they send you the original support document you provided when applied?
And is it new that they put refugee on the ILR as I thought it's general ILR and doesn't matter the status.

Again best for you and your family and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Hi Unknown,
Congratulations on your change of status.
I did not send them such documents because my case was very strong and I believed there was no need to send your pay slips and earnings etc. Everybody knows that it is protected route, so I sent only BRP and Travel Documents. I wrote a paragraph about my current situation in my home country and no change in my circumstances.
They returned me my expired travel documents. In 2014 I applied for travel documents and at that time I submitted my National Passport and it is still in the home office. They do not return the National Passports. You can apply new Travel Documents.

For BRP, you know there is four columns front of BRP, they mention the type of permit as REFUGEE SETTLEMENT and then Remarks as INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN.
It is true because here some institutions ask what type of settlement you have, then it is easy to give proof.
Thanks
Ashirjavedch
Hi Ashirjavedch

Thank you for your contribution through this forum which is very well explained and helpful,
So in your above replay you mention that they will not return the national passport, In case we need it do you know if we can get it back? Who we have to contact then?
Or anyone have any idea?
Regards

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 am

Hi umerali

Thx for. Ur help I send my application today plz request to all brothers and sisters pray for me I hope I will get my case is much strong

citizenearth
Newly Registered

Post by citizenearth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 am

I noticed that I can no longer check the status of the application online. It seems the website page has been removed. If you can still see it can you please share the page URL here?

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am

citizenearth wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 am
I noticed that I can no longer check the status of the application online. It seems the website page has been removed. If you can still see it can you please share the page URL here?
Same problem, looks like they removed the service, as red somewhere the service was online in test mode or somethings like this. Now not sure what is the new link, if any?

I searched but can’t find anything.

Mafaz
Newly Registered

Post by Mafaz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 am

Same Problem here . May Be the Technical Error or maintenance
''Page Not Found
The page that you requested was not found''

Godwithus1
Newly Registered

Post by Godwithus1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm

You can check your status online however you go through some questions. It's different from the previous version.

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Godwithus1 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm
You can check your status online however you go through some questions. It's different from the previous version.
Right, but I think questions are too general and it took me to the page where there are phone numbers available to contact ukvi.

So not helpful.

Juniour88
Newly Registered

Post by Juniour88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Hey guys, I’m new here. I’m about to apply for a settlement after 5 years of refugee status, I have 3 questions I wonder if the experts in this forum can help me with.

First
On question 2.5 of the (SET Prptection) regarding the three month period spent outside the UK, is it one off (one trip of three month) or collective (total your trips in the last 5 years)? i.e I spent a total of 40 days on 4 separate trips. Should I answer Yes or NO to this question?

Second
I’ve sponsored my father through “family reunion route” the Home Office approved his application (due to health matters) and he joined me here in the UK.
The Home Office granted him 4 months family reunion residency in accordance with my residency expiry date. So both of our residency expire this month, in total I’ve lived 5 years here in the UK but he only lived for few months here in the UK.
Does he need separate application (SET P) or should I just add him on section 3 under my dependant? Or maybe both (add him as dependant and also apply using separate application?

Third and final question
Question number 3.10 regarding including all dependants who were not preciously dependant on you? My father was NOT dependant on me when I’ve been granted the refugee status however I had to sponsor him in order to get his family reunion, should I answer yes or no to this section?

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:16 am

Hello guys. Did you find that being married to a BC and/or parent to a UK-born child that is BC weighs in settlement ILR application through the SET(Protection) route?

Wishing best of luck to all who are waiting for decisions.

citizenearth
Newly Registered

Post by citizenearth » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi, Anyone applied in July and got their application decision? I sent my application on 13th July but not answer yet

Godwithus1
Newly Registered

Post by Godwithus1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am

citizenearth wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Hi, Anyone applied in July and got their application decision? I sent my application on 13th July but not answer yet
Yes, I send on the 13th of July as well and received my indefinite yesterday dated 16th of DEC. Hope you you get yours any moment from now.

Godwithus1
Newly Registered

Post by Godwithus1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am

My timeline is
applied on the 13th of July
received emails on the 24th every months
Approval letter and biometric card received on the 19th of DEC. And I pray everyone on this plfm to get their positive news asap.

citizenearth
Newly Registered

Post by citizenearth » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:18 pm

I have just received my ILR. My timeline below:
- Sent application by post on 13/07/2017
- Biometric enrolment letter dated 21/07/2017 received on 26/07/2017
- Biometric enrolment on 28/07/2017
- Email received on or around 22nd of every month stating case ID and that case is under consideration
- ILR BRP cards received today 21/12/2017

Do I expect to receive my expired travel document as well? I want to apply for a new travel document and just wondering whether I can send the application today or if I want to wait until I receive the expired one

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Nearly time for August applicants then I guess... now I am starting to get butterflies in my tummy. Hopeful and looking forward to the new year for the good news🙏

Shadi77
Newly Registered
Djibouti

Post by Shadi77 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 pm

HI everyone, noticed that most of the applicant do get monthly emails from the HO.
i personally have not received any apart from 1 when HO received application acknowledgement email.
applied SEP 5th
anyone got an answer from those of similar dates
thx

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:42 am

Shadi77 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 pm
HI everyone, noticed that most of the applicant do get monthly emails from the HO.
i personally have not received any apart from 1 when HO received application acknowledgement email.
applied SEP 5th
anyone got an answer from those of similar dates
thx
Hi Shadi77,
I am not really what you would call and expert on the SET protection route process, so I can only contribute with my own experience. I applied on October 16th and I have been getting updates from HO on or around the 19th of each month. I’ll therefore advise you to check the status of your application by either phoning this number tel:0300 123 2241 or using this link https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk. If you are still not satisfied with their answers get your local MP involved.
On that note I’ll wish you and all on this platform a very merry Xmas, and hopefully next year has a lot of good news and joy in store for us.
Tribulations28

Shadi77
Newly Registered
Djibouti

Post by Shadi77 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Thank you for your reply
Set protection it’s for refugees applying to settle in the UK after their five years leave to remain expire

As mentioned I have not received any Monthly emails!!!
I was able to check the status of the application using the ho website but now its not working anymore.

Kind regards

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Shadi77 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:03 pm
Thank you for your reply
Set protection it’s for refugees applying to settle in the UK after their five years leave to remain expire

As mentioned I have not received any Monthly emails!!!
I was able to check the status of the application using the ho website but now its not working anymore.

Kind regards
Hi Shady77,
I am well aware of what SET Protection is as I have applied in the same category. I am just not too familiar with the whole procedure given that this is the first time i do such a thing. Hence the warning at the start of my reply.
It’s correct that the visa checking system is not running any longer but the link I have provided within my previous message to you is a different service which will then redirect you to a contact number to call in case of doubt. Since you were concerned about not getting any monthly email updates, I thought that could have been of some sort of help to you.
Anyhow all the best with your application.
Regards
Tribulations28

harry1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by harry1987 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for my ILR in a week's time. I have a question in relation to the Application Form (Section 4.14), i.e. Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country where you were born.

I flew my home country after threats from my immediate family; therefore, I believe I should not put anything in this section as I do not have anything to do with my family anymore.

Can you please help me with this?

Awaiting your kind response.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi

I can just write there

Family and friends (no ties)

Like this I wrote just like that

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:13 pm

harry1987 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm
Dear all,

I am applying for my ILR in a week's time. I have a question in relation to the Application Form (Section 4.14), i.e. Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country where you were born.

I flew my home country after threats from my immediate family; therefore, I believe I should not put anything in this section as I do not have anything to do with my family anymore.

Can you please help me with this?

Awaiting your kind response.

Hi harry u can write there just

Family and friends (no ties)

When I send mine I wrote there like that

harry1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by harry1987 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:47 am

Many thanks

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Anyone heard anything recently about their applications? Those who submitted in July, please can you post timelines as well so that we can have an idea of what we are waiting for in the new year.?
I submitted mine in early August and I am very anxious now as I haven’t heard anything.
Kind regards

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello

I applied on 13 dec I didn’t receive any acknowledgment latter from HO can any body tell me this is normal thing they send acknowledgment latter late or some thing is wrong ??? Cos my leaves got expire on 6 jan and my employer want latter to countinue my job