ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Verification message - Urgent Help Required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

santhoshmathew
Newly Registered
India

COS Verification message - Urgent Help Required

Post by santhoshmathew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi All,
My visa Expires on 27th December 2017. Employer issued me this COS number which I tried to use on my online application were a message popped up ''

We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship.
You may continue with your application but it is likely to be refused if you do not provide a valid CoS reference number.

I double checked my COS number which was issued and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I switched from my PSW visa to Tier 2 General visa in 2014 and I am currently trying to extend the same employer. Could anyone help me to get around with this query please, does my employer require to contact the Home Office? if so, what will be home office's ideal contact number?

Looking forward to your valuable reply
S.Mathew

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: COS Verification message - Urgent Help Required

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 pm

santhoshmathew wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm
Hi All,
My visa Expires on 27th December 2017. Employer issued me this COS number which I tried to use on my online application were a message popped up ''

We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship.
You may continue with your application but it is likely to be refused if you do not provide a valid CoS reference number.

I double checked my COS number which was issued and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I switched from my PSW visa to Tier 2 General visa in 2014 and I am currently trying to extend the same employer. Could anyone help me to get around with this query please, does my employer require to contact the Home Office? if so, what will be home office's ideal contact number?

Looking forward to your valuable reply
S.Mathew
It looks like its some issue with the home office system. Get confirmation form HR and ask them to give you the pdf. If its all good go ahead.

Recently someone was having same issue

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/new- ... 45264.html
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

santhoshmathew
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhoshmathew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Makky86,
Thank you for your swift reply. If I get a copy of this COS number from my HR will it be okay to submit the application then even though it warns?

Best Regards
S Mathew

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 pm

santhoshmathew wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Hi Makky86,
Thank you for your swift reply. If I get a copy of this COS number from my HR will it be okay to submit the application then even though it warns?

Best Regards
S Mathew
Yes. As long as HR confirms the COS is active and not assigned/used by anyone else.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

uderdk
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by uderdk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 pm

I met the same problem today.

My company gave me the CoS to extend my T2 visa today and I applied online afterwards, however, the same problem happened to me. In the CoS pdf, it says the Current certificate status is ASSIGNED by today. Will that be okay to continue applying?

Currently I stopped.

I will ask HR tomorrow to seek some help.

But I really want to make an appointment today!

mgsbsb
Newly Registered

Post by mgsbsb » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 pm

I have faced this.
Solution is simple.
Email "ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk".

Write your problem with Cos no. They will respond back in ,1 working day and majority of time they resolve it.
Of course check with your HR if they have done an error but if that's all fine write in the email I have sent.
Tx

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm

I have the same issue today

Can you please tell me how this is resolved?

Thanks

advice13
Newly Registered

Post by advice13 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 pm

were you able to resolve this issue? if yes, what did you do ?