ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 extension through Premium service is on hold

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 Extension with in the country

Post by astra001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi All,

I came to this UK on Tier2 General Visa in Jan2015 now am due for my visa extension in Jan2018 from the same employer.

I'm very new to this group and I have few questions regards the extension.

1. My sponsor has applied for the COS today which is 19/12/2017 so how long will it take to get the COS?
2. My company is 'A' rated so still do I have to show the funds in my account or do I need to get the letter from the sponsor?
3. what are the required documents for the dependent?
4. Once the COS is assigned through which means is good to go I mean to say Premium or Priority or Standard?

Any suggestion will be helpful for my visa extension.

Thanks in advance.
Astra001

dan883

Re: Tier2 Extension with in the country

Post by dan883 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm

astra001 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm
Hi All,

I came to this UK on Tier2 General Visa in Jan2015 now am due for my visa extension in Jan2018 from the same employer.

1. My sponsor has applied for the COS today which is 19/12/2017 so how long will it take to get the COS?
- Shouldn't take a long , probably a week or less
2. My company is 'A' rated so still do I have to show the funds in my account or do I need to get the letter from the sponsor?
-No, however your employer should tick the box confirming that they will fund you.
-not sure about this I am still single:)
4. Once the COS is assigned through which means is good to go I mean to say Premium or Priority or Standard?
- You can choose any options but due to the cruel nature of HO, I would recommend Priority or Postal priority at least.
- Please make sure that your salary matches with your SOC. Specially watch the hours and salary.
Good Luck

Thanks in advance.
Astra001

mgsbsb
Newly Registered

Post by mgsbsb » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Who are your dependents?

Did they have dependent visa with you earlier-- if so generally not a problem. I had submitted our passports which had my husband's name mentioned and my child's passport had both our names

I also submitted address proof for them too.

It could be a bit tricky if they were not your dependents-- you just have to provide adequate proof of existing relationship( somebody in this forum mentioned about few hundred pages of communication proof)
Hope it helps.

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 extension through Premium service is on hold

Post by astra001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 am

Hi All,

I have been to Tier2 Visa extension along with my dependent recently through premium service but they were not able to give us the decision on the same day. Surprisingly they have interviewed my dependent as she was on the student visa previously.

Instead, they gave us the letter stating that ' Your application is Valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where the enquiries can be made. etc'.

So in this case, if they have an issue with my dependant at least they should grant me the visa in the first place? but they haven't
What is the chance of getting the visa?

Please suggest me on this what need to be done next. your suggestion are valuable to us.
Thanks in Advance. :?

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Post by astra001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

dan883 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm
astra001 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm
Hi All,

- Shouldn't take a long , probably a week or less
-No, however your employer should tick the box confirming that they will fund you.
-not sure about this I am still single:)
- You can choose any options but due to the cruel nature of HO, I would recommend Priority or Postal priority at least.
- Please make sure that your salary matches with your SOC. Specially watch the hours and salary.
Good Luck

Thanks in advance.
Astra001
Hi dan883,
Thanks for your earlier reply.
I just saw your reply today as I was unable to log in due to some password issue. We went to premium service and now it's on hold. I mentioned about in the new post can you please go through it and let me know.
Thanks in advance.

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Post by astra001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 am

Hi mgsbsb,

Thanks for your reply.

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 extension through Premium service is on hold

Post by astra001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi All,

I have been to Tier2 Visa extension along with my dependent recently through premium service but they were not able to give us the decision on the same day. Surprisingly they have interviewed my dependent as she was on the student visa previously.

Instead, they gave us the letter stating that ' Your application is Valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where the enquiries can be made. etc'.

So in this case, if they have an issue with my dependant at least they should grant me the visa in the first place? but they haven't
What is the chance of getting the visa?

Please suggest me on this what need to be done next. your suggestion are valuable to us.
Thanks in Advance. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Kindly desist from digging up old topics and tagging your question on. You have a topic, suggest be patient and wait for someone who is able to offer advice to be online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astra001
Newly Registered
India

Post by astra001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi CR001,
Can you please give me an idea what is going to happen in my case and what are the further steps do I have to take.

Thanks,
Astra001