ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Council confirmed that they have received my approval letter .. :D :D :) :) :)

Next ceremony date is 14 Feb.. So going for private ceremony

mrsjonas
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mrsjonas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 pm

peachy36 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am
Hi all,

I sent an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on December 18th and just received a reply! They said my application has been granted and that my invitation letter was sent 14th of December. :D :D :D I applied on September 20th - so it's been 3 months.

This is what I included in the email in case it helps:
Application number:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Current Nationality:
Immigration Status:
Contact Phone:

Yay! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats! Let us know when you get your letters

waltwalter
Newly Registered

Post by waltwalter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:49 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Can you pleaste tell me what info. you gave to council? I tried to contact my council but they said I need approval letter from HO. Did you provide them you HO ref number?

ag03
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ag03 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm waiting since July. An email response last week suggested that a communication has been posted and can take up to 3 weeks :shock: Why cant they just send it via next day delivery!!

googleit

Post by googleit » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 pm

HEllo

My application status was changed to decided on 8th Dec and like everyone else I couldn’t check afterwards as website went down.

Didn’t receive any letter up until today , I called my local council on Monday and they took my details and asked me to wait for their call which I got back yesterday and I was told that they received my certificate . Next group appointment was on 10th of jan so I asked for private ceremony and was given date for today - which I booked and the guy mentioned that I could attend without invitation letter , so I’ve just attended ceremony and those who are witing can try ringing their local council .

I applied in Sep this year

Thanks and good luck everyone

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm

googleit wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 pm
HEllo

My application status was changed to decided on 8th Dec and like everyone else I couldn’t check afterwards as website went down.

Didn’t receive any letter up until today , I called my local council on Monday and they took my details and asked me to wait for their call which I got back yesterday and I was told that they received my certificate . Next group appointment was on 10th of jan so I asked for private ceremony and was given date for today - which I booked and the guy mentioned that I could attend without invitation letter , so I’ve just attended ceremony and those who are witing can try ringing their local council .

That's great..

My letters came ontime as homeoffice indicated.
Ceremony is next month.

Pls,, did you apply thru PR card?

As am wondering if compulsory to send the PR card back as indicated in the letter, or they referring to just only the BRP card?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:40 pm

waltwalter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:49 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Can you pleaste tell me what info. you gave to council? I tried to contact my council but they said I need approval letter from HO. Did you provide them you HO ref number?
Just my name and DOB .. nothing else

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 pm

power-lost wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:04 am
power-lost wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:13 pm
mrsjonas wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:47 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I applied in August and still waiting... keeping my fingers crossed!
oh no! Hope you get your approval soon ...keep us posted!
I applied on 3rd October. Biometrics were recorded on 14th October. Status updated to Decided on 8th December but still waiting for Approval letter, emailed them at 3 different addresses but no proper response yet. #beinghopeful
Quick Update.

MMST FMT <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

I received an email reply from above address

Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm your decision letters where dispatched on 14/12/2017, 2nd class post. Please allow more time for delivery due to the Holiday season,

Kind Regards,

UKVI

Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium

Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

www.homeoffice.gov.uk

P.S remember i applied on 3rd october and my status changed on 8th December. i got this email reply but not letters yet.
I rang up local council this afternoon asking if they have received anything regarding my application and they confirmed they have received notification of my of application approval. Booked ceremony for 16th January. Still waiting for letters.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 am

Dear all,

I am now a citizen since yesterday (private ceremony, I wanted to be a citizen by Xmas!) :D :D :D

I will not disappear from this site now that I have reached my purpose. I want to give back to this online community as many of you have helped me from day 1! From time to time I will be supporting new applicants through the process.

Wishing you all a lovely Xmas and Happy New Year!!!

Baccus99

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 am

smallpie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm
googleit wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 pm
HEllo

That's great..

My letters came ontime as homeoffice indicated.
Ceremony is next month.

Pls,, did you apply thru PR card?

As am wondering if compulsory to send the PR card back as indicated in the letter, or they referring to just only the BRP card?
It seems to be only ILR BRP's that need to be returned. EEA(PR) certificates for EU citizens and residence cards of their non-EU family members obtained through EEA(PR) route do not need to be returned.

Per ECJ recent decision, EU derived rights remain after naturalisation in the host state. EU citizens and their family members naturalising as BC still retain EU derived permanent residence rights for as long as EU law is applicable in Britain. (till earliest 03/2019 or extended date subject to deal)

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 am

@ ariskar

Thank you for the insight.
Appreciated.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

humanityrultz
Mood:

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by humanityrultz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm

nisha2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm
humanityrultz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Same for me applied on 8/3/17
"Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.
The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided."

Note: This online service seems trail version.
hi how do I CHECK my visa status ?
The service is no longer available, was taken down on 8th or 9th December, as most members have posted over the last week.

toneystark32
Newly Registered
India

Post by toneystark32 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello!

Just to get an idea of the general timeline of the naturisation approval.

How long is it taking from the receipt of the application to approval on an average?

My application was recieved on the 6th of September 2017, i have been daily checking the status page and it was still set to 'awaiting a decision' till the page was taken down.

Because it seems like a lot of people who applied in September have their applications approved. I sent them an email, here is the reply.

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 6th September 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm

toneystark32 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 pm
Hello!

How long is it taking from the receipt of the application to approval on an average?

My application was recieved on the 6th of September 2017, i have been daily checking the status page and it was still set to 'awaiting a decision' till the page was taken down.

Because it seems like a lot of people who applied in September have their applications approved. I sent them an email, here is the reply.

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 6th September 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

All cases are different but I would say at present it's about 3 months (mine was right on 90 days). Remember that yours may be decided but due to postal service around Xmas with delays may mean you won't see a letter this side of Xmas. Good luck to you hope all goes well!

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm
toneystark32 wrote:
Hello!

FMT

All cases are different but I would say at present it's about 3 months (mine was right on 90 days). Remember that yours may be decided but due to postal service around Xmas with delays may mean you won't see a letter this side of Xmas. Good luck to you hope all goes well!
I haven't done any stats on it, however in my opinion 3 months is on the optimistic site. Just to put your mind at ease, please DO NOT worry and think something is wrong if it takes over 5 months. There have been lots of members here recently (me included) which approvals took nearly six months and were still successful. I have needlessly spent over two months tearing my hair out out of worry because I thought it should have been done in 3 months.

mrsjonas
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mrsjonas » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:26 pm

toneystark32 wrote:
Hello!

FMT

I have been waiting since September too .... Which email address did you use to request an update?

toneystark32
Newly Registered
India

Post by toneystark32 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:43 pm

MRSJONAS :- nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks for the replies. Thats a sigh of relief that it could take that long.

My only concern is that with the online checking page not working, do we have to just wait for a postal letter? or an email to tell us if the application has been approved or not?

Thanks Again.

ichs12
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ichs12 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:02 pm

I received my 'decided' status on the 8th of December. I applied on the 4th of October (please see my timeline below). SInce the 8th of December I've sent two emails to the Home Office, and this morning I emailed Birmingham City Council to ask if they've received my certificate. They replied an hour ago and said that they received it this morning, and they attached the council's invite to a public ceremony (one that they chose) at the end of February. I could do a private one instead in January, but will stick to the February one.

N.B. I tried to see if I could attend an earlier ceremony at a different council, so I called them and it seems that the rules have changed, in the sense that it's not as easy to just call the other council and book your ceremony straightaway. Instead, your local council would need to get in touch with the Home Office for you, etc (it seems like a lot of hassle).

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 year PR
Language criteria met: UK Masters degree + IELTS
Nationality: EEA
Method of application: NCS Wolverhampton
Date of application: 04/10/2017
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI: 05/10/2017
Date of acknowledgement(email): 12/10/2017
Date money gone off account: 11/10/2017 For Passport : 17/10/2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 18/10/2017 (received 21/10/2017)
Biometrics done: 21/10/2017
Online Status: awaiting a decision (last update 11.10.2017)
Date of approval: status changed to 'decided' on the 8th of December. I've not been at home for a few days, so I don't know if the documents are already there.
Date of ceremony: end of February
Date applied for passport: 04/10/2017 (JCAP)
Date passport received:

sham30
Newly Registered

Post by sham30 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 pm

sham30 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am
Application has been decided online on 8th December. Still I haven't received anything yet.
Is anyone in same situation like me?
Update
Finally I have received the approval letter and certificate on 20th December. Certificate issued on 7th December, online status changed to decided 8th. Letter posted on 14th December.
Thank you all the members

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:18 am

still waiting, applied 19th july ; 5+ months now....

checco223
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by checco223 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 am

same here applied 0n 28/07/2017 no news still...very unfortunate for us but the most important thing is to get a positive result no matter how long it takes. So let's pray :wink:

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:09 am

Unfortunately I will not be able to do ceremony today as I have still not received my letters

Council says that they have very strict instructions not to organise ceremony without letters or HO will reject the letter

I am off on holidays until 8th Jan so I will do ceremony when I am back. I hope I have letters by then :)

checco223
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by checco223 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am

I would say you could off contact UKVI first and ask if you could have the PDF version that your council may accept to attend your ceremony which I believe some members have done so already and confirm it on here. So don't give up. have a try...

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

These guys are shit . I have emailed them 100 times . All they say wait for your letters etc..

They could have emailed me weeks ago but they are just stupid and retarded

peachy36
Newly Registered

Post by peachy36 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:10 am

peachy36 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am
Hi all,

I sent an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on December 18th and just received a reply! They said my application has been granted and that my invitation letter was sent 14th of December. I applied on September 20th - so it's been 3 months.

This is what I included in the email in case it helps:
Application number:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Current Nationality:
Immigration Status:
Contact Phone:

Yay! Good luck everyone!!
UPDATE - Received my letter yesterday - dated 06 December. Just called today to make my appointment for the next ceremony which is January 15th. Thanks to everyone on this forum - I'm sure the letters are coming. :D :D