ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New CoS under Tier 2, change of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samdav7
India

New CoS under Tier 2, change of employment

Post by samdav7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi,

I have a new CoS under Tier 2 and applying within the UK. In the online application form, there is no option to click as 'switching to new employer'.
More importantly, when I enter the CoS number it says "We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship.

You may continue with your application but it is likely to be refused if you do not provide a valid CoS reference number."

Despite trying to enter the CoS number, it remarks the same. I contacted the HR and they reported this has happened to some of their candidates recently and went through. But, for me after several attempts, it is still showing the above information.

While I do not want to proceed to risk refusal of my application, what else should I do???
Any suggestions????
Thanks in advance!
Sam Sol

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: New CoS under Tier 2, change of employment

Post by makky86 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:16 pm

samdav7 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 pm
Hi,

I have a new CoS under Tier 2 and applying within the UK. In the online application form, there is no option to click as 'switching to new employer'.
More importantly, when I enter the CoS number it says "We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship.

You may continue with your application but it is likely to be refused if you do not provide a valid CoS reference number."

Despite trying to enter the CoS number, it remarks the same. I contacted the HR and they reported this has happened to some of their candidates recently and went through. But, for me after several attempts, it is still showing the above information.

While I do not want to proceed to risk refusal of my application, what else should I do???
Any suggestions????
Thanks in advance!
There is no separate category for "switching to new employer" it comes under "Extension"

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

Check with HR if the COS is assigned. If yes, ask them to export to PDF. They should give the COS.

If its not recnognised by system then ask HR to validate this with the home office. Wrong/Invalid COS will lead to refusal so no point applying and taking big risk.

Have you already given notice to current employer by any chance?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Makky,

Thanks for the reply!

I had asked my HR and they have reported that similar glitch happened to one of their employees earlier this week and after couple of attempts, it was sorted out.
I have been trying to re-enter the CoS issued by HR from the PDF document several times, but in vain so far. HR reported that CoS is indeed assigned and its saying the same in the CoS letter. I also tried with a new application form but the issue still persists.
I will try logging to the form tomorrow morning and check for any changes, if still persists I will not proceed and keep the forum posted of developments.
What I am not sure is, is this because of my existing CoS under my last employer is still active??? My last employer HR had notified the UKBA only last Friday. So, I am not sure if this is interfering with it???
I have left the job and my 60 day gap is due in 2 weeks. I am therefor planning to submit using Premium Service but not unsure as of now about the earliest available date for appointment while I am open to any location to submit.
Sam Sol

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:21 am

samdav7 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 pm
Hi Makky,

Thanks for the reply!

I had asked my HR and they have reported that similar glitch happened to one of their employees earlier this week and after couple of attempts, it was sorted out.
I have been trying to re-enter the CoS issued by HR from the PDF document several times, but in vain so far. HR reported that CoS is indeed assigned and its saying the same in the CoS letter. I also tried with a new application form but the issue still persists.
I will try logging to the form tomorrow morning and check for any changes, if still persists I will not proceed and keep the forum posted of developments.
What I am not sure is, is this because of my existing CoS under my last employer is still active??? My last employer HR had notified the UKBA only last Friday. So, I am not sure if this is interfering with it???
I have left the job and my 60 day gap is due in 2 weeks. I am therefor planning to submit using Premium Service but not unsure as of now about the earliest available date for appointment while I am open to any location to submit.
You cannot get appointment anytime soon.
Since you have validated the COS is correct I suggest you apply online. I wouldn't expect home office to refuse your extension as its not your fault anyway.

Add the details to the application about the COS so the CW is aware of this.

Remember if the COS is assigned after 11th Jan 2018 then this 60 days gap will not applicable to you as its being removed.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:37 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
I’m not sure how to validate the CoS unless HR does that from the Home Office and provides me that evidence and I can enclose with my application.
Do you mean to say that there won’t be any dates sooner than 2 weeks for Premuim processing?
Also, can you clarify this as below?? I didn’t get it, I’m sorry.

“Remember if the COS is assigned after 11th Jan 2018 then this 60 days gap will not applicable to you as its being removed.”
Sam Sol

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 am

Thanks for the reply!
I’m not sure how to validate the CoS unless HR does that from the Home Office and provides me that evidence and I can enclose with my application.
As I said before , ask HR to login to Home office system and download the COS. If it says "assigned and active" on their system then take a screenshot. That's enough

Do you mean to say that there won’t be any dates sooner than 2 weeks for Premuim processing?
Also, can you clarify this as below?? I didn’t get it, I’m sorry.
Yes, Right now if you check the earliest would be like mid of Jan 2018.
“Remember if the COS is assigned after 11th Jan 2018 then this 60 days gap will not applicable to you as its being removed.”
The 60 days unemployment rule will be removed post 11th Jan 2018. But that owuld applicable for those whose COS is assigned after this date.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/great-news-6 ... 44892.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 am

Are you sure that HR has not given you a CoS that has already been assigned to and used by someone else??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 am

I am not sure if they can give me a CoS assigned to someone else?? I have asked the HR to check with Home Office or else issue me with a new CoS.
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Recent updates:
HR has replied stating this error has nothing to do with CoS issued to me and this is generated on SMS system.
The CoS is valid but is and error in the Home Office system and they will inform them about this.
They had asked the weblink of the application and I have sent them the same.
I have asked them to come back to me about what the Home Office is saying.
The whole of morning it showed the same issue, but now in the evening it is no more showing as unable to verify. I am not sure if the problem has been rectified.
But I have e-mailed HR to get back to me if Home Office has communicated back to them and provide me the written evidence.
I have a question: When they applied the CoS, I was in different address and now I have moved to a new address. In the CoS, it has my old address. Can I provide my new address???? My old address (house) has been sold and the landlord has also moved out and handedover the key to the new owner.
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am

Hi,

I have submitted my Tier 2 application online now for postal standard method.
In the form it says

"Information you do not have to provide
You do not need to prove you meet the required level of English because you have current leave in Tier 2
(General) leave to remain, or had leave in the past
You do not need to prove maintenance because you have current leave in Tier 2 (General) leave to remain"

Therefore, I want to be really sure if I don't have to submit my bank statements and my Uk PG degree certificate?
Sam Sol

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am

Yes, You don't need prove your english requirement and maintenance while extending your T2G visa.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am
Yes, You don't need prove your english requirement and maintenance while extending your T2G visa.
Thanks for confirming!

I had sent my documents by Royal Mail, next day delivery. It should have reached by now. But Royal Mail tracking says : "Your item is being re-directed and will take longer to reach its final delivery address"d to
I had posted to the address mentioned in the application summary:

Send this checklist and your documents to:
Tier 2, Tier 5 Standard PO Box 74576
LONDON SW1P 9WP

Did anyone had similar issues??? Please let me know.
Thanks!
Sam Sol

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Hopefully it has reached the destination by now. keep tracking through RoyalMail. Talk to them if there is any delay.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:31 am

Hi all,

Royal Mail reported it was directed and my documents were delivered on 21/12/2017 and the Royal Mail tracking says the same.
But I haven’t so far received any information from Home Office including no acknowledgement letter. I was told that they will send the letter within 20 working days. When I phoned them they aren’t sure why there is a delay.
Has anyone faced this issue?
Sam Sol

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 pm

samdav7 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:31 am
Hi all,

Royal Mail reported it was directed and my documents were delivered on 21/12/2017 and the Royal Mail tracking says the same.
But I haven’t so far received any information from Home Office including no acknowledgement letter. I was told that they will send the letter within 20 working days. When I phoned them they aren’t sure why there is a delay.
Has anyone faced this issue?
To my knowledge they don't send an acknowledgement letter, have you downloaded the Biometric Enrolment Letter and enrolled your biometric information in the post office? You need to do it within 15 working days from the date you submitted your application online.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm

I spoke to the Home Office after posting the documents and they reported will send acknowledgement letter in 20 working days.
When I submitted the form online, I took print out of biometric and enrolled the same in post-office and posted the documents.
You seem to have reliable information about the HO not sending acknowledgment letter, have u had personal experience or anyone else shared their experience???
Thanks!
Sam Sol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 am

samdav7 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm
You seem to have reliable information about the HO not sending acknowledgment letter, have u had personal experience or anyone else shared their experience???
Many applicants, across all visa categories often do not receive acknowledgement letters.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 am
samdav7 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm
Many applicants, across all visa categories often do not receive acknowledgement letters.
Thanks! cheers..
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 pm

I received the decision approval letter along with my documents this afternoon in UPS courier. And BRP card followed by another courier service late this evening. I am relieved.

Can’t thank this forum enough for answering all my queries.. amazing feeling.

Thanks again!
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:32 am

One last question under this topic, can I travel outside UK now before I start work and ask for a new work start date and if so how many days can I go away and return? Will my travel outside of UK affect my entry??
Thanks!
Sam Sol

tmsmadhu
Newly Registered

Post by tmsmadhu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm

samdav7 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 pm
I received the decision approval letter along with my documents this afternoon in UPS courier. And BRP card followed by another courier service late this evening. I am relieved.

Thanks again!
1. Did you get the Application Decision Letter, Passport, Old BRP all by UPS Express together on 29 Jan afternoon. Is there a from address from where it was posted ?

2. Did you get the new BRP card separately on 29th Jan evening? Can you share the Courier name is it UPS, DX or Royal Mail and also from Tracking number you can check the from address city. Please can you send me those details.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 am

tmsmadhu wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm
samdav7 wrote:

Thanks again!
1. Did you get the Application Decision Letter, Passport, Old BRP all by UPS Express together on 29 Jan afternoon. Is there a from address from where it was posted ?

Answer: I got the decision letter, passport, and al documents by UPS, to the correspondence address I had mentioned. Home Office don’t send the old BRP.

2. Did you get the new BRP card separately on 29th Jan evening? Can you share the Courier name is it UPS, DX or Royal Mail and also from Tracking number you can check the from address city. Please can you send me those details.
Answer: I received new BRP in same evenin by another courier service. There was no tracking number provided by the Home office. As both the couriers were sent on Friday, I received them both separately the following Monday.
Sam Sol

tmsmadhu
Newly Registered

Post by tmsmadhu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:17 am

Thanks for your help, can you confirm exactly the name of the courier which you sent the new BRP card. Do you have any from address from where the BRP was sent. If you have the courier tracking reference you can check in the courier website and find out from where the item was shipped.

tmsmadhu
Newly Registered

Post by tmsmadhu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 am

samdav7 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 am
tmsmadhu wrote:
samdav7 wrote:

Thanks again!

Answer: I got the decision letter, passport, and al documents by UPS, to the correspondence address I had mentioned. Home Office don’t send the old BRP.

Answer: I received new BRP in same evenin by another courier service. There was no tracking number provided by the Home office. As both the couriers were sent on Friday, I received them both separately the following Monday.
Thanks for your help, can you confirm exactly the name of the courier who delivered the new BRP card. Do you have any from address from where the BRP was sent. If you have the courier tracking reference you can check in the courier website and find out from where the item was shipped.

tmsmadhu
Newly Registered

Post by tmsmadhu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 am

samdav7 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 am
tmsmadhu wrote:
samdav7 wrote:

Thanks again!

Thanks for your help, can you confirm exactly the name of the courier which you sent the new BRP card. Do you have any from address from where the BRP was sent. If you have the courier tracking reference you can check in the courier website and find out from where the item was shipped.