ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to know if company's tier 2 license is revoked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

happypie

tier 2 sponsor license suspended

Post by happypie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 pm

hi guys,

i am on tier 2 general visa and my sponsor's license is suspended. he didn't inform me about it, i just casually checked ukba list and found that company name wasn't there. i checked with him and he says that he's not aware of any such thing which is obviously a lie as he would be first person to know when license is suspended, isn't it?
and if name is not there then there is no other reason but a suspension.

anyways he is still saying that you don't need to worry at all and don't look for new job. even if something happens (license revoked) then he will transfer all his employees to a different company (TUPE rule i believe) and we all can continue to work (no need to reapply for visa).

is that possible?

can i trust him on this? or i should look for another sponsor and reapply visa?

thanks.

happypie

how to know if company's tier 2 license is revoked

Post by happypie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 am

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is any way to know if tier 2 sponsor license of a company is revoked? my sponsor's license is suspended and he has never told me about it.

so I am wondering how would i know if license is terminated/revoked.

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: how to know if company's tier 2 license is revoked

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 am

happypie wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 am
Hi,
I wanted to know if there is any way to know if tier 2 sponsor license of a company is revoked? my sponsor's license is suspended and he has never told me about it.

Thanks.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

If your sponsor name appears in the PDF then its active otherwise its revoked. I am not entirely sure if its removed from the PDF even if its suspeneded only.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

happypie

Post by happypie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 am

makky86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 am
happypie wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

If your sponsor name appears in the PDF then its active otherwise its revoked. I am not entirely sure if its removed from the PDF even if its suspeneded only.

no. name is removed in case of suspension as well.
so i can't know if it's suspended or terminated from this pdf.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:50 am

happypie wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 am
makky86 wrote:
happypie wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Only your HR could tell this!

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

I think in case of suspension, the license is downgraded to B rating.

happypie

Post by happypie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 am

ravisb_2014 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am
I think in case of suspension, the license is downgraded to B rating.
no. name is removed in case of suspension.

happypie

Post by happypie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:45 am

makky86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:50 am
happypie wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 am
makky86 wrote:
happypie wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Only your HR could tell this!
pls see my other question which was merged by moderator for reason unknown to me as both are different question. below one is my personal situation and other question is generic. will appreciate if i can get response on below which kind of got lost because of merging two questions.

hi guys,

i am on tier 2 general visa and my sponsor's license is suspended. he didn't inform me about it, i just casually checked ukba list and found that company name wasn't there. i checked with him and he says that he's not aware of any such thing which is obviously a lie as he would be first person to know when license is suspended, isn't it?

anyways he is still saying that you don't need to worry at all and don't look for new job. even if something happens (license revoked) then he will transfer all his employees to a different company (TUPE rule i believe) and we all can continue to work (no need to reapply for visa).

is that possible?

thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:37 am

I already replied to you ont his. License is first suspended and employer is given notice and time period within that they have to reply back to home office with answers to the HOME office queries. If they cannot justify then only license is revoked.

Now you should check with HR which one is the case. They cannot LIE to you ! I suggest you ask of them of proof in form of email so you can provide in furture if required.
Is your company being bought buy someone else? As far as I know the TUPE is for different purpose. Its bwhen companies buy and they transfer license etc. (Not enitrely sure)
Its your call. If you feel he is not being straight forward I suggest you start looking fo different sonsor. But again you have to provide details the reason of suspension.